Peerless

He was good, but I'm not sure he'd even be in the top 10. . .. Larry Seivers, Anthony Hancock, Willie Gault, Tim McGee, Carl Pickens, Anthony Morgan, Alvin Harper, Donte Stallworth, Corey Flemming, Kelley Washington etc, etc, etc.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 20, 2005 4:16 PM
He was good, but I'm not sure he'd even be in the top 10. . .. Larry Seivers, Anthony Hancock, Willie Gault, Tim McGee, Carl Pickens, Anthony Morgan, Alvin Harper, Donte Stallworth, Corey Flemming, Kelley Washington etc, etc, etc.

Donte Stallworth might be... i remember i was like "who's #4???" one game then he took a screen pass about 80 yards to the house (as a sophomore)

Hey GaVol, what is going on with Price down there in the ATL? Is Vick too busy running it? The only guy that Vick seems to like to throw to is Crumpler.

A lot of people say the best was Seivers, but he was slightly before I can remember. The best I've seen was Carl Pickens.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 20, 2005 4:20 PM
Hey GaVol, what is going on with Price down there in the ATL? Is Vick too busy running it? The only guy that Vick seems to like to throw to is Crumpler.

Vick isn't half bad at running it either... i'd like to see peerless at a more pass-oriente offensive team to see what he can do though... like when he burnt FSU in the nat'l champ game in 98

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Jan 20, 2005 4:20 PM

Price is probably not quite as good as advertised in Buffalo where he was a #2 receiver. It's not all his fault though. He needs somebody on the other side to help him get better matchups. He's also a victim of Crumpler being so good at creating mismatches and having an offensive line that doesn't always give Vick a lot of time to wait for a play to develop.

Originally posted by GAVol+Jan 20, 2005 4:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Jan 20, 2005 4:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Orangewhiteblood@Jan 20, 2005 4:20 PM
Hey GaVol, what is going on with Price down there in the ATL?  Is Vick too busy running it?  The only guy that Vick seems to like to throw to is Crumpler.

Price is probably not quite as good as advertised in Buffalo where he was a #2 receiver. It&#39;s not all his fault though. He needs somebody on the other side to help him get better matchups. He&#39;s also a victim of Crumpler being so good at creating mismatches and having an offensive line that doesn&#39;t always give Vick a lot of time to wait for a play to develop. [/quote]
Besides Peyton who&#39;s the best VOL in the nfl right now?

(((NOTICE: most of our discussions start out: &#39;not counting peyton&#39;

Price was good but no way the best when throwed in with names like Gault and Pickens

Originally posted by Indiana Vol Fan@Jan 20, 2005 4:38 PM
I&#39;d say it&#39;s between Carl Pickens or Kelley Washington

peerless price was better than washington i think, if washington had stayed then him, but he didn&#39;t

i dunno why he left early either

Because he was 22 years old and facing a career threatening injury and he didn&#39;t want to miss out on a big payday.

Originally posted by GAVol@Jan 20, 2005 4:43 PM
Because he was 22 years old and facing a career threatening injury and he didn&#39;t want to miss out on a big payday.

oh i didn&#39;t know that... who&#39;s he play for now?

The Don is back. Haven&#39;t seen you in a while. Best receiver talent, but didn&#39;t have the QB to get the ball from: Willie Gualt. I was 4 years behind Gualt in HS. Watched him blow by me on the track many times. Watched him pull down many unreal catches and just leave everyone wondering where he went and how he got their so fast. Did he have the stats...Actually has some records still standing as a returner. If he had had a Shuler, Manning, Martin, Clausen of any kind, or Ainge in his day...rewrite the books. All Gault ever needed was just to get the ball and head for the corner. Uncatchable.

Originally posted by GVF@Jan 20, 2005 4:49 PM
The Don is back. Haven&#39;t seen you in a while. Best receiver talent, but didn&#39;t have the QB to get the ball from: Willie Gualt. I was 4 years behind Gualt in HS. Watched him blow by me on the track many times. Watched him pull down many unreal catches and just leave everyone wondering where he went and how he got their so fast. Did he have the stats...Actually has some records still standing as a returner. If he had had a Shuler, Manning, Martin, Clausen of any kind, or Ainge in his day...rewrite the books. All Gault ever needed was just to get the ball and head for the corner. Uncatchable.

very true... willie go deep had some freaking speed

Senior year in HS set the GA 100 yard sprint record at 9.9 seconds. 4 years later, broken by Ronnie dennis from my homeroom at 9.8. Wille still sprints in age bracketed events occasionally. He still moves for a 44 year old. Don&#39;t think anyone really challenges him. Of course, he&#39;s into so much these days in Cali, running meets is more for a celebrity turnout.

Originally posted by GVF@Jan 20, 2005 4:49 PM

excellent.. peyton throws it to him, the recordbooks bow down and praise him

Originally posted by nationalchamps2006UT@Jan 20, 2005 4:10 PM
Was Peerless Price the best receiver ever at UT?

imho, Carl Pickens was the best ever. Thomas Woods is by far my alltime favorite reciever, but Carl was a human highlight reel.

Kelley Washington? He was closer to a bum than the best receiver ever. IMO, Washington was a cancer on the team and a horrible team-mate. My vote forTop 3 receivers: Pickens, Gault, S Morgan

VN Store

Back