Perspective from a 19 Year Old Vol Fan

Umm, any reason you can't do all that stuff you listed AND go to a few games??

With the exception of riding a bike across the county as one effort I have....but if you include the rides I have taken and those in Europe and South America it would far exceed that distance...

With the exception of riding a bike across the county as one effort I have....but if you include the rides I have taken and those in Europe and South America it would far exceed that distance...

Overboard! :whistling::whistling::whistling:

I am 22 years old and have been a Tennessee fan since I was 5 years old. I was born into a Bammer family, ugh, but I learned to read at 5. My ability to read separated me from the other Bammers, and I quickly was shown the Orange Light by my stepfather and grandfather.

I wouldn't trade being a UT fan for anything. 5-7 or 9-3, i dont care... I just can't wait for another season of Tennessee football.

Reactions: 3 people
Since we have all these young Vol fans in this thread it seems like a perfect place to ask the most pressing question facing the Vols today, do y'all like the gray jerseys and would it be a difference maker if you were a football player as to which school you chose to play for? I'll hang up and listen. :popcorn:

Well, I am all for the traditions of our storied program, including our traditional uniform look. However, I think these new Smokey uniforms invigorate some energy into the team while upholding the traditions of generations prior. I remember my senior year of high school a couple of years back we got new blackout uniforms and it really got us amped up to play.. I don't think it will make a huge difference, aside from giving our players something to look forward to once a year.

That was a good game but as far as comebacks doesn't hold a candle to the Miracle at South Bend in '91 when the Vols fell behind Notre Dame by three tds and clawed their way back to win the game on a last second block of an Irish game winning field goal attempt.

As far as comebacks, I remember the The 2005 LSU game. I was in Kuwait at Camp Arifjan watching at about 4am in the morning having to watch thru a open window so I could stand outside and smoke because they had me so stressed out. People kept walking by wandering who this maniac was yelling thru the window at the base headquarters building. I even had the MP's come and ask me what the HE#* was going on. They laughed and told me to keep the noise down. I think the whole base heard me when we finally pulled off the win.

Reactions: 5 people
As far as comebacks, I remember the The 2005 LSU game. I was in Kuwait at Camp Arifjan watching at about 4am in the morning having to watch thru a open window so I could stand outside and smoke because they had me so stressed out. People kept walking by wandering who this maniac was yelling thru the window at the base headquarters building. I even had the MP's come and ask me what the HE#* was going on. They laughed and told me to keep the noise down. I think the whole base heard me when we finally pulled off the win.
Awesome story, proud to have you as a fellow Vol fan.

Reactions: 2 people
Hey I'm 19 too OP! So I can relate to what u have witnessed...except I don't remember games prior to 04...

:salute:

I had a memorable exp in 91. Was in the middle of a med tour on the USS Shanandoah. We were in Naples Italy. :sick: I had to watch the Miracle on the mess deck. Probably over a hundred of us sailors but only two of us were Vols. I took alot of grief that first half.

I returned all that ten fold in the sec tho. I've only made a complete and total azz out of myself a couple of times in my life but I most certainly did then. Standing on tables, giving everbody heck (used every bit of the more colorfull sailor dialect here) and made over a $1000 in the fourth qtr.

I'm 51 but if you went into my house you would think I was 14....
Tennessee collectibles, diecast, xbox....and my Wife approves this message...
VFL

My first game was in 1968.....

Reactions: 1 person
one of the top 5 games I have attended. even saw the Northern lights driving to SB from Chicago airport. an omen from the gods. good memories. Tonight's deli: Turkey & Gouda on Dark w/ mayo. bag of Doritos and a Blue Moon

When I worked at Sam & Andy's we didn't have no stinkin' Gouda! :glare:

Reactions: 2 people
I am 17 and I have been a pretty big Auburn fan for pretty much my whole life. About a month ago, I unofficially officially became a Tennessee Volunteer. I had always thought Auburn had a pretty good fan base, but this.... this is unreal. The excitement around UT and its athletic program is pretty hard to believe. I could not be happier with my decision. I am extremely proud to call myself a VFL. Go Big Orange!!

Welcome aboard :hi:

I was in port hueneme ca awaiting a flight to Kuwait to go to iraq watching that game! Imagine having the ability to drink getting deployed to a war zone for the first time! Oh the memories ( I really don't remember much of that night but a Vols win)

I am 22 years old and have been a Tennessee fan since I was 5 years old. I was born into a Bammer family, ugh, but I learned to read at 5. My ability to read separated me from the other Bammers, and I quickly was shown the Orange Light by my stepfather and grandfather.

I wouldn't trade being a UT fan for anything. 5-7 or 9-3, i dont care... I just can't wait for another season of Tennessee football.

Damn near brought a tear to my eye!

I am a 19 year old poor college kid that has grown up living, breathing and dreaming Tennessee football since I was old enough to hear, see and think for myself. Neyland Stadium has been my home away from home dating back to attending my first game vs. Vanderbilt in the Casey Clausen days of 03'... I have seen and experienced many ups and downs as a Vol fan throughout my young life, from watching the national championship game in 1998 with my dad (yes, I remember it... photographic memory) to thrilling victories in the swamp in 2001 and Tuscaloosa in 2003) to our recent carousel of coaches and letdowns. Through it all, one thing has never ceased to amaze me.. the passion of our fans for Tennessee football. I am typing this because I simply cannot wait to see those magic words once again in two weeks..."It's Football Time in Tennesseee!!" I really look forward to seeing you all in Neyland this year and I thank y'all for always providing good insight (well, most of you) and entertainment on this message board, and not bashing a young man such as myself too incredibly often. We are simply the best program in College Football and I look forward to climbing back to the top brick by brick. Butch has brought life, energy and a passion back to our program, and I see us doing some huge things in the very near future. Through it all I have remained a Vol, and always will, and I can't wait to celebrate the resurrection of a sleeping giant with all of Big Orange Brethren.. and yes this is another one of those threads... Flame Away.. GO VOLS!!!

I blame your attendance as the start if Tennessee's demise, lol.

Its good to be excited. Butch has done and said everything right. If Dooley taught us anything, talk is cheap. Results matter.

I ask the same thing from Butch I ask of all our other coaches. You have a full recruiting cycle (4 yrs) to show us what you can do with your players in your system. Give you all. Be humble. Be demanding. Be passionate. Win.

Im 32, and have cheered the Vols for the past 13 yrs! I have a copy of the 98 title game on DVD, it was AWESOME! Yes, there have been some rough years and of course the early part of this past decade was pretty good to say the least until Fulmer lost it as a coach...I remember the huge streak against Bama; beating them year after year...now it seems we cant catch a break against them. Florida has been tough too; I want that streak to end THIS YEAR!!! I love the rivalry against UGA...from 2006-09 we beat them 3 times in 4 yrs!! I hope we can steal one this yr from them! This is going to be a great year with CBJ and staff!! I just hope we get a good QB that was ALOT better then Bray. THANK GOD I don't have to watch him on TV anymore!! Theres going to be rough stretches this season, but if the team perseveres and sticks it out, things will be good going into Year 2. This is the foundation laying year for Coach Jones, so I predict 7-5 and if we steal a game no one thought we could win, a 8-4 season will REALLY be awesome! Great things in store in the next few years for VOL nation!! GBO!!! GO VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back