Pilot Gets Kudos

pimo1

#orangefont always implied
This is a classy (smart business) move. People involved understood this fanbase.

All the people that were hating on Danny White for this Naming deal before it was announced step out of the way yet another home run hit by this guy. If Pilot didn't suck they would have gotten a new customer here. I am a Circle K/Weigles guy.

This is a classy (smart business) move. People involved understood this fanbase.

All the people that were hating on Danny White for this Naming deal before it was announced step out of the way yet another home run hit by this guy. If Pilot didn't suck they would have gotten a new customer here. I am a Circle K/Weigles guy.

Weigel’s, when I’m in that part of the country.

I confess to my supreme ignorance. Just the same, in many treks across the good ole USA, i've seen, gassed up, and act at Pilot, AND Love's. My question, are they both owned by the same owners? They seem almost duplicates of each other.

Reactions: pimo1
Reactions: pimo1
I confess to my supreme ignorance. Just the same, in many treks across the good ole USA, i've seen, gassed up, and act at Pilot, AND Love's. My question, are they both owned by the same owners? They seem almost duplicates of each other.
They are separate companies but oftentimes gas stations change names and brands over time so there is bleedover. Both are nationwide so they probably change hands from time to time. like here most of the Texacos are now Circle K's but some are Weigels.

Nope. But I could swear I sparingly saw a few outside Tennessee. Even out west, you carpetbagging? ;)
According to their own website all 77 locations are in TN... they only recently (last decade) came here to Chattanooga. I used to only ever see them in knoxville.

According to their own website all 77 locations are in TN... they only recently (last decade) came here to Chattanooga. I used to only ever see them in knoxville.
Fine, I only know what I saw in my treks back and forth, up and down the USA.
Seen other sights too from a car with a calf in the passenger seat, a woman with her arm out the windows and a snake coiled around it.
I've even seen a few UAPs, so I figure a Pilot station outside Tennessee isn't anything extraordinary.
They are separate companies but oftentimes gas stations change names and brands over time so there is bleedover. Both are nationwide so they probably change hands from time to time. like here most of the Texacos are now Circle K's but some are Weigels.
I don't know Weigel, I just know a Pilot station when I see it. My original question was if there was an association with Pilot and Love's.

I'm confused. I thought Pilot was now owned by Berkshire Hathaway. If so, did Warren Buffet have anything to do with this? Or was this situation negotiated as part of the sale?

I'm confused. I thought Pilot was now owned by Berkshire Hathaway. If so, did Warren Buffet have anything to do with this? Or was this situation negotiated as part of the sale?
Not necessarily connected. Prolly just a great marketing decision and something on which, I imagine, AD White has been working.

I understand the situation and fully admit it’s better than a stadium name change for sure, but I hate seeing the Pilot logos on the field. Guess I’ll have to get used to it.

I suppose business logo patches on jerseys are next.
Like it or not naming rights were gonna go to someone...I am a lot happier it going to a local based business that's nationwide and has made a 20 year commitment. Would you rather they go to the highest bigger and now its Temu Stadium and Aldi field? Someone was gonna buy naming rights its not about if we like the idea of logos we kept the Name. What you're saying is like if you're on a plane that's going down and you're mad the Parachutes they are handing out are green they could just hop off and leave your arse. Be happy you got the parachute.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Weigel’s, when I’m in that part of the country.
They are really not in competition for neighborhood convenience market anymore. They sold most if not all of those to CASEY’s a while back. They are pretty much into the TRAVEL CENTER world only now. Trucks and travelers are their target.

I use Weigels most of the time around the area. I remember when it was pretty much milk and bread. Had to bring back the bottles or pay another deposit.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
They are really not in competition for neighborhood convenience market anymore. They sold most if not all of those to CASEY’s a while back. They are pretty much into the TRAVEL CENTER world only now. Trucks and travelers are their target.

I use Weigels most of the time around the area.
OTR? I’ll be watching for a Pilot, for sure. 👍 Do they have charging stations? Asking for @Volstylexx 🤙🏼

Reactions: taylorvol
Fine, I only know what I saw in my treks back and forth, up and down the USA.
Seen other sights too from a car with a calf in the passenger seat, a woman with her arm out the windows and a snake coiled around it.
I've even seen a few UAPs, so I figure a Pilot station outside Tennessee isn't anything extraordinary.

I don't know Weigel, I just know a Pilot station when I see it. My original question was if there was an association with Pilot and Love's.

Love’s is a competitor and Flying J is part of Pilot. I read up on that yesterday because some folks were upset that I didn’t know who currently manages gas stations.

I hope we don’t have to compete with Bucees’s as Texas’s donor in the future. There’s only one gas station worth talking about.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Love’s is a competitor and Flying J is part of Pilot. I read up on that yesterday because some folks were upset that I didn’t know who currently manages gas stations.

I hope we don’t have to compete with Bucees’s as Texas’s donor in the future. There’s only one gas station worth talking about.
Any of the Texas schools for that matter.

..and thank you for reaffirming that Flying J = Pilot

Danny White and the Haslam family has just given Tennessee Football (and ALL other Tennessee athletic programs that Tennessee Football funds) a financial Boon! We are leading the way in this new environment. Be Proud! The incompetence of Mike Hamilton; Lane Kiffin; Derek Dooley; Butch Jones; Fulmer as an AD and Jeremy Pruitt is GONE! In Donde, White and Josh I TRUST!!!! Go VOLS!!!

VN Store

Back