Pilot Gets Kudos

How long until one of us has FanDuel as a sponsor? Put the betting apps right in the concession line, or better yet, a flip up display at your seat.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Danny White and the Haslam family has just given Tennessee Football (and ALL other Tennessee athletic programs that Tennessee Football funds) a financial Boon! We are leading the way in this new environment. Be Proud! The incompetence of Mike Hamilton; Lane Kiffin; Derek Dooley; Butch Jones; Fulmer as an AD and Jeremy Pruitt is GONE! In Donde, White and Josh I TRUST!!!! Go VOLS!!!
Had nothing to do with it. They are 100% out of Pilot.

The Quikrete yellow patch on the Braves jerseys is hideous. I’m afraid that what’s next is going to be the absolute commercialization of college sports. I sincerely hope that I’m wrong. I hope social media handle patches aren’t next.
Nascar and golf model of advertising. Only limited by square footage of available space. So theoretically linemen should be able to make more.

I understand the situation and fully admit it’s better than a stadium name change for sure, but I hate seeing the Pilot logos on the field. Guess I’ll have to get used to it.

I suppose business logo patches on jerseys are next.
Well I’ve seen Dooley and Butch on the sideline so it could be a helluva lot worse than looking at a couple of logos on the field.

Danny White and the Haslam family has just given Tennessee Football (and ALL other Tennessee athletic programs that Tennessee Football funds) a financial Boon! We are leading the way in this new environment. Be Proud! The incompetence of Mike Hamilton; Lane Kiffin; Derek Dooley; Butch Jones; Fulmer as an AD and Jeremy Pruitt is GONE! In Donde, White and Josh I TRUST!!!! Go VOLS!!!

I feel like the Haslams have always been involved and haven't been that helpful in the past but now Danny White has all the boosters working together and we see the results.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
FWIW, besides Buc ees; my other favorite gas station/food stop is QT (Quik Trip). Just starting getting them here in Bama. Really great sandwiches made fresh to order. And a great drink selection

Wiki sucks. The Haslam family sold it all to Berkshire Hathaway around the first of the year.

Check again hoss.

The company is owned by Berkshire Hathaway. The company operates truck stops under the Pilot Travel Centers, Flying J Travel Plaza, ONE9 Fuel Network, and Mr. Fuel brands.

The Haslam family sold its last 20% of the company to Berskshire in January; however, Haslam remains chairman of the Board of Directors. He is NOT an executive or even an employee of the company. The CEO answers the the board of directors.

As of April 2023, the board of directors for Pilot Flying J includes:
  • James A. Haslam II: Founder of Pilot Company
  • James A. "Jimmy" Haslam III: Member of the Board
  • Whitney Haslam Johnson: Chief experience officer and member of the board
  • Bill Haslam: Member of the board
The Haslam family owns 20% of Pilot Company. In January 2024, the family sold the remaining 20% to Berkshire Hathaway, but will continue to control the company's day-to-day operations.

ie: The executives answer to the board, which is full of Haslams.

Reactions: pimo1 and butchna
The Haslam family sold its last 20% of the company to Berskshire in January; however, Haslam remains chairman of the Board of Directors. He is NOT an executive or even an employee of the company. The CEO answers the the board of directors.

As of April 2023, the board of directors for Pilot Flying J includes:
  • James A. Haslam II: Founder of Pilot Company
  • James A. "Jimmy" Haslam III: Member of the Board
  • Whitney Haslam Johnson: Chief experience officer and member of the board
  • Bill Haslam: Member of the board
The Haslam family owns 20% of Pilot Company. In January 2024, the family sold the remaining 20% to Berkshire Hathaway, but will continue to control the company's day-to-day operations.

ie: The executives answer to the board, which is full of Haslams.
Wherever you're getting this, it's wrong. Berkshire owns Pilot fully and Haslam is out.

Edit: I see your problem. That's from 2023. Berkshire bought the rest of it, replaced the management, in January 2024.

Here is the profile of the CEO. He was selected by Berkshire.

Wherever you're getting this, it's wrong. Berkshire owns Pilot fully and Haslam is out.

Here is the profile of the CEO. He was selected by Berkshire.

I truly do not want to be rude, but do you understand the difference between executive management and a corporate board of directors? They are two entirely different things. The board of directors may only meet once a year (per State guidelines on corporate reporting). Board membership can be a real power position or just a ceremonial deal. The executives run the show on a daily basis, but they must answer to the board.

Reactions: pimo1
I truly do not want to be rude, but do you understand the difference between executive management and a corporate board of directors? They are two entirely different things.
Dude. Look it up. There's not a Board, other than Berkshire for Pilot. It's been sold.

Dude. Look it up. There's not a Board, other than Berkshire for Pilot. It's been sold.
Good luck to you sir. Anyone that suggests a major business entity does not have a board of directors has much bigger issues than this. Every entity under the BH banner has its own board.

Reactions: pimo1
I truly do not want to be rude, but do you understand the difference between executive management and a corporate board of directors? They are two entirely different things. The board of directors may only meet once a year (per State guidelines on corporate reporting). Board membership can be a real power position or just a ceremonial deal. The executives run the show on a daily basis, but they must answer to the board.
Just read. The Haslam family is completely out of Pilot.

Good luck to you sir. Anyone that suggests a major business entity does not have a board of directors has much bigger issues than this.
Of course there is a Board AT BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY which owns the company.

What does it take for you to read something legit?

Of course there is a Board AT BERKSHIRE HATHAWAY which owns the company.

What does it take for you to read something legit?
Good Lawd. So, Berkshire Hathaway has a board of directors. Every subsidiary of BH has its own board of directors. Seeing as how you like to claim legit information is not legit information, here is a link to the US SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION that list board of directors membership of different Berkshire Hathaway subsidiaries!!! Notice, they all have different compositions. Warren Buffett is probably a member of most of them. To suggest that the board of Berkshire Hathaway oversees more than 80 multi-billion dollar corporations over a diverse spectrum of industries is truly ignorant. Like I said earlier, I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just pointing out you were wrong and I posted proof. You didn't like the proof so you push this back and forth, Sorry, this doesn't get to me. I just don't want others to see what you were saying and believing any of it. So here - from the SEC of all places 🤣 Each of these subsidiaries has it's own unique board of directors.

CERTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS OF THE REPORTING PERSONS

Set forth below is information about (i) the name and title of each executive officer and director of the Berkshire Entities, (ii) his or her business address, and (iii) his or her present principal occupation or employment, and the name, principal business, and address of any corporation or other organization in which such employment is conducted (to the extent that the principal business and address of such corporation or organization are not already disclosed in Item 2 of this Schedule 13D).

(1)
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (“Berkshire”)

The executive officers of Berkshire are Warren E. Buffett, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Charles T. Munger, Vice Chairman, and Marc D. Hamburg, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The directors of Berkshire are Warren E. Buffett, Charles T. Munger, Howard G. Buffett, Malcolm G. Chace, William H. Gates, David S. Gottesman, Charlotte Guyman, Donald R. Keough, Thomas S. Murphy, Ronald L. Olson, and Walter Scott, Jr.

(2)
OBH, Inc. (“OBH”)

The executive officers of OBH are Warren E. Buffett, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Charles T. Munger, Vice Chairman, and Marc D. Hamburg, Vice President and Treasurer. The directors of OBH are Warren E. Buffett, Marc D. Hamburg, and Forrest N. Krutter.

(3)
National Indemnity Company (“NICO”)

The executive officers of NICO are Donald F. Wurster, President, Ajit Jain, Executive Vice President, Phillip M. Wolf, Senior Vice President, Dale Geistkemper, Treasurer, and Forrest N. Krutter, Senior Vice President. The directors of NICO are Donald F. Wurster, Phillip M. Wolf, Marc D. Hamburg, Forrest N. Krutter, Warren E. Buffett, Michael A. Goldberg, and Mark D. Millard.

(4)
Nebraska Fire and Marine Insurance Company (“NFMIC”)

The executive officers of NFMIC are Donald F. Wurster, President, Phillip M. Wolf, Senior Vice President, Dale Geistkemper, Treasurer, and Forrest N. Krutter, Senior Vice President. The directors of NFMIC are Donald F. Wurster, Marc D. Hamburg, Forrest N. Krutter, Warren E. Buffett, and Michael A. Goldberg.

(5)
Cypress Insurance Company (“Cypress”)

The executive officer of Cypress is Rodney Eldred, President. The directors of Cypress are Rodney Eldred, Michael A. Goldberg, and Brad Kinstler.

- F1 -​

(6)
Columbia Insurance Company (“Columbia”)

The executive officers of Columbia are Donald F. Wurster, President, Phillip M. Wolf, Senior Vice President, Dale Geistkemper, Treasurer, and Forrest N. Krutter, Senior Vice President. The directors of Columbia are Donald F. Wurster, Marc D. Hamburg, Forrest N. Krutter, Warren E. Buffett, and Michael A. Goldberg.

(7)
BH Columbia Inc. (“BH Columbia”)

The executive officers of BH Columbia are Marc D. Hamburg, President, and Daniel J. Jaksich, Treasurer. The directors of BH Columbia are Marc D. Hamburg, Daniel J. Jaksich, Forrest N. Krutter, and Mark D. Millard.

(8)
National Liability & Fire Insurance Company (“NLFIC”)

The executive officers of NLFIC are Donald F. Wurster, President, Ajit Jain, Executive Vice President, and Dale Geistkemper, Treasurer. The directors of NLFIC are Donald F. Wurster, Marc D. Hamburg, Warren E. Buffett, Michael A. Goldberg, Forrest N. Krutter, Brian Snover, and Phillip M. Wolf.

(9)
Blue Chip Stamps (“Blue Chip”)

The executive officers of Blue Chip are Charles T. Munger, Chairman, Robert H. Bird, President, and Jeffrey L. Jacobson, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The directors of Blue Chip are Charles T. Munger, Robert H. Bird, and Jeffrey L. Jacobson.

Good Lawd. So, Berkshire Hathaway has a board of directors. Every subsidiary of BH has its own board of directors. Seeing as how you like to claim legit information is not legit information, here is a link to the US SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION that list board of directors membership of different Berkshire Hathaway subsidiaries!!! Notice, they all have different compositions. Warren Buffett is probably a member of most of them. To suggest that the board of Berkshire Hathaway oversees more than 80 multi-billion dollar corporations over a diverse spectrum of industries is truly ignorant. Like I said earlier, I wasn't trying to be rude, I was just pointing out you were wrong and I posted proof. You didn't like the proof so you push this back and forth, Sorry, this doesn't get to me. I just don't want others to see what you were saying and believing any of it. So here - from the SEC of all places 🤣 Each of these subsidiaries has it's own unique board of directors.

CERTAIN INFORMATION ABOUT THE EXECUTIVE OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS OF THE REPORTING PERSONS

Set forth below is information about (i) the name and title of each executive officer and director of the Berkshire Entities, (ii) his or her business address, and (iii) his or her present principal occupation or employment, and the name, principal business, and address of any corporation or other organization in which such employment is conducted (to the extent that the principal business and address of such corporation or organization are not already disclosed in Item 2 of this Schedule 13D).

(1)
Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (“Berkshire”)

The executive officers of Berkshire are Warren E. Buffett, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Charles T. Munger, Vice Chairman, and Marc D. Hamburg, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The directors of Berkshire are Warren E. Buffett, Charles T. Munger, Howard G. Buffett, Malcolm G. Chace, William H. Gates, David S. Gottesman, Charlotte Guyman, Donald R. Keough, Thomas S. Murphy, Ronald L. Olson, and Walter Scott, Jr.

(2)
OBH, Inc. (“OBH”)

The executive officers of OBH are Warren E. Buffett, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Charles T. Munger, Vice Chairman, and Marc D. Hamburg, Vice President and Treasurer. The directors of OBH are Warren E. Buffett, Marc D. Hamburg, and Forrest N. Krutter.

(3)
National Indemnity Company (“NICO”)

The executive officers of NICO are Donald F. Wurster, President, Ajit Jain, Executive Vice President, Phillip M. Wolf, Senior Vice President, Dale Geistkemper, Treasurer, and Forrest N. Krutter, Senior Vice President. The directors of NICO are Donald F. Wurster, Phillip M. Wolf, Marc D. Hamburg, Forrest N. Krutter, Warren E. Buffett, Michael A. Goldberg, and Mark D. Millard.

(4)
Nebraska Fire and Marine Insurance Company (“NFMIC”)

The executive officers of NFMIC are Donald F. Wurster, President, Phillip M. Wolf, Senior Vice President, Dale Geistkemper, Treasurer, and Forrest N. Krutter, Senior Vice President. The directors of NFMIC are Donald F. Wurster, Marc D. Hamburg, Forrest N. Krutter, Warren E. Buffett, and Michael A. Goldberg.

(5)
Cypress Insurance Company (“Cypress”)

The executive officer of Cypress is Rodney Eldred, President. The directors of Cypress are Rodney Eldred, Michael A. Goldberg, and Brad Kinstler.

- F1 -​

(6)
Columbia Insurance Company (“Columbia”)

The executive officers of Columbia are Donald F. Wurster, President, Phillip M. Wolf, Senior Vice President, Dale Geistkemper, Treasurer, and Forrest N. Krutter, Senior Vice President. The directors of Columbia are Donald F. Wurster, Marc D. Hamburg, Forrest N. Krutter, Warren E. Buffett, and Michael A. Goldberg.

(7)
BH Columbia Inc. (“BH Columbia”)

The executive officers of BH Columbia are Marc D. Hamburg, President, and Daniel J. Jaksich, Treasurer. The directors of BH Columbia are Marc D. Hamburg, Daniel J. Jaksich, Forrest N. Krutter, and Mark D. Millard.

(8)
National Liability & Fire Insurance Company (“NLFIC”)

The executive officers of NLFIC are Donald F. Wurster, President, Ajit Jain, Executive Vice President, and Dale Geistkemper, Treasurer. The directors of NLFIC are Donald F. Wurster, Marc D. Hamburg, Warren E. Buffett, Michael A. Goldberg, Forrest N. Krutter, Brian Snover, and Phillip M. Wolf.

(9)
Blue Chip Stamps (“Blue Chip”)

The executive officers of Blue Chip are Charles T. Munger, Chairman, Robert H. Bird, President, and Jeffrey L. Jacobson, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer. The directors of Blue Chip are Charles T. Munger, Robert H. Bird, and Jeffrey L. Jacobson.
Please check the pilot flying j website for the Board. Good luck.

Lol. Most Corporations do not mention board members on their website. My last post has proven you wrong and ignorant, yet you keep at it. Sorry, I was told never to argue with stupid people. Done with you bud. Have a nice day. Sorry you can't accept fact.

Lol. Most Corporations do not mention board members on their website. My last post has proven you wrong and ignorant, yet you keep at it. Sorry, I was told never to argue with stupid people. Done with you bud. Have a nice day. Sorry you can't accept fact.
Here's a quote from Jimmy in the Knox paper article I cited and you didn't read.

“While this has certainly been an emotional decision for us, it is one we felt was right for our family at this time,” James A. Haslam II said in a press release. “We look forward to continuing to support our lifelong home of Knoxville, Tennessee, and to furthering our deep commitment and philanthropy throughout the region that we all love.”

Here's an interview with Haslam saying on camera within the first minute that he's sad that they no longer own or run Pilot.

Bro he is right.. trust me they have a board and its Haslam influenced. The fact we got the naming rights deal we got is proof of that. But as he alluded most boards of directors are not posted on websites because they are not public-facing roles they are internal. Any corp half the size of pilot has a board whether its publicly posted or not. According to knox news sentinel the Haslems still retain 2 of the 7 board seats. This article is Jan 16 the day it was announced they sold their last 20%

An interesting note, current CEO Adam Wright is a former (Nebraska) All-America running back who spent a few cups of coffee in the NFL so football guy for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tman44

VN Store

Back