Poll: One Week To Go - POTUS Who Ya Got?

Who Ya Got For POTUS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I disagree. It is the government's job to be problem solvers but I agree they're not very good at it
No it's not their job to be a problem solver. It's their job to allow for opprotunity for all. Anything else is a judgement call.

When government fixes things it just breaks them for other people. Look at health insurance. Preexisting conditions are covered, but costs went up 2 or 3 times. That cuts a good number from the bottom people.

And when the government isnt good at something you dont double down and give them even more power or expand their control into other areas. It just expands the ponzi scheme to hurt more people.

Reactions: StarRaider
We can't live in a country where people can't get healthcare insurance to pay for their breast cancer and other ailments. I get libertarianism but only to a certain point. My wife had breast cancer ten yrs ago. It's BS that insurance companies still feel that's a pre existing condition but if they all reject her, what am I to do?
It is available and has been but higher risk should be more expensive. It's not the govts job to dictate to businesses how the must operate and what products to provide. At that point why even pretend to have private insurance? Why not just have govt provided all your necessities since it could be hard or inconvenient?

Reactions: McDad
Lol. No. Lrn2rd. A couple of others asked so I edited the first post to indicate who you were voting FOR. In answer to your question, I have no damn idea but I hope Trump.
I include a "this is the worst poll in the history of VN" on my poll. I recommend you do the same because yours surely takes the cake.

Lol. No. Lrn2rd. A couple of others asked so I edited the first post to indicate who you were voting FOR. In answer to your question, I have no damn idea but I hope Trump.
I'll say the thread title is misleading.

If someone asks you "Bama-UT... who you got?" They aren't asking you who you're rooting for.

Lrn2 thread title bruh.

It is available and has been but higher risk should be more expensive. It's not the govts job to dictate to businesses how the must operate and what products to provide. At that point why even pretend to have private insurance? Why not just have govt provided all your necessities since it could be hard or inconvenient?

Obamacare is/was a disaster. It made things worse but you are wrong by saying that insurance has always been available for sick Americans. Just think this through. If you're an insurance co, why would you insure someone who has cancer for any price? On the individual market, the answer's no. The answer's hell no. As a self employed person, I know how this goes.

No it's not their job to be a problem solver. It's their job to allow for opprotunity for all. Anything else is a judgement call.

When government fixes things it just breaks them for other people. Look at health insurance. Preexisting conditions are covered, but costs went up 2 or 3 times. That cuts a good number from the bottom people.

And when the government isnt good at something you dont double down and give them even more power or expand their control into other areas. It just expands the ponzi scheme to hurt more people.

No question Obamacare was a disaster. It raised premiums, made a complicated system more complicated and it did not result in universal coverage for all Americans. But libertarians and Republicans alike have to answer this one question: where do people go for health insurance who "are sick"? I'm a conservative but I'll admit that Republicans have not answered that question yet. That is one reason they'll struggle on Tuesday

Here's my solution to healthcare:

1) Repeal Obamacare
2) Open up all the markets to underwrite policies
3) Have a public option where people can buy insurance from the gov't (people with pre-existing conditions)

This will add competition to the private market and lower their costs since they're not having to cover sick people. This will entail subsidizing by the fed gov't. There are a myriad of ways to pay for it but my suggestion is a 5% tax hike on folks making a million or more. This would also take the gov't out of most of the health insurance business.

I'm torn on whether employers should provide insurance. I don't like insurance being tied to a job. I'd like to see it be like car insurance. Everyone gets it on their own.

This is the sort of problem solving gov't needs to do.

This poll will tell us about as much as what my dog ate yesterday. I would like to see the alternative which would be who do you think will win. That could be an interesting poll
Tucker’s damning documents about Hunter Biden?

No the govts role is defined and limited by the constitution. They're not there to fix your life

It's not unconstitutional for the gov't to write laws. As for health insurance, society can't have people dying on the streets 'cause they can't get their ailments treated.

VN Store

Back