Postgame press conference video

A lot of pressure and it shows. They absolutely could not afford to lose that game for the franchise he is building here. I am sure it was hard to carry for 24 hours. He was just releasing it.

A lot of pressure and it shows. They absolutely could not afford to lose that game for the franchise he is building here. I am sure it was hard to carry for 24 hours. He was just releasing it.

They definitely could have lost that game and it would have had zero impact on what he is building here.

They definitely could have lost that game and it would have had zero impact on what he is building here.
I completely agree. However, I do think Tony, being the fierce competitor that he is, put a lot of pressure on himself not to let 2022 happen again.

But as I posted yesterday, this team was a success regardless of what happened tonight -- SEC Championships, No. 1 rankings, etc. It's baseball anything can happen on a given night. Hence the reason the number one seed hasn't won the championship in umpteen years. And the reason why in that 2022 season, a team that began the tournament as a number three seed in their regional (meaning they weren't one of the best 32-47 teams), won the whole thing.

I completely agree. However, I do think Tony, being the fierce competitor that he is, put a lot of pressure on himself not to let 2022 happen again.

But as I posted yesterday, this team was a success regardless of what happened tonight -- SEC Championships, No. 1 rankings, etc. It's baseball anything can happen on a given night. Hence the reason the number one seed hasn't won the championship in umpteen years. And the reason why in that 2022 season, a team that began the tournament as a number three seed in their regional (meaning they weren't one of the best 32-47 teams), won the whole thing.

Yeah, totally agree with you. I do think Tony was probably a bit anxious before tonight because of 2022. And while I was going to be really disappointed and heartbroken if we “choked” again, it would have had zero impact on how I felt about the program overall or the direction we are trending. Which is probably the exact reason Tony took such exception to the question asked by the media. One game shouldn’t define your season.

Here's the question from last night. I don't recognize the guy's voice who asked the question.

I don't recognize the voice either and he didn't identify himself and wasn't called on by name. I've heard but not been able to confirm that he was a television sports reporter from Evansville.

This team is just different. They took the energy from the naysayers and went to work. Last night's outcome is the result.

They started a new narrative in the 8th inning last night. Link Jarrett, FSU's coach was the ND coach that beat the Vols in 2022. The media oh so wanted the Vols to lose last night so they could have their Cinderella story.

Congratulations to the Evansville Purple Aces. You had an outstanding successful season. Ty Rumsey and Simon Scherry are ballers.

I've never seen Tony this irritated before.

Freak, will you be posting a full game video from last night on your channel? I know it wasn’t a great game score-wise, but I missed the first 4 innings due to a birthday dinner. If not, I’ll see if SECN is replaying it.

That voice, I think, was the same voice that asked last night, “was this a message to your players or to us,” meaning the media. I feel pretty sure that is one of our locals. Regardless, pretty interesting to ask that follow-up the next night. If it was the same guy, it was pretty bold.

I think he was saying just the opposite of that. They define success on their terms. That was the point.

Something someone said or asked definitely hit him the wrong way and he felt the need to clear the air, not for himself so much as for the team.

This team has won over 50 games, could win 60 if they get lucky (and yes, I believe it takes luck) and win it all. The team will end up no lower than #2 on the all-time home runs per season. More importantly they have given everyone involved memories and moments that will outlive whatever happens the rest of the season.

VN Store

Back