Pre-Camp Presser Live NOW

coach Jones said our Defensive line will be as good as Mccullars is. Someone find his "tackling fuel" quick.....:good!:

Two biggest takeaways for me.

1) The D starts and ends with Big Dan

2) Eric Gordon is no longer with the team, but Coach Jones is going to keep him in the program and allow him to graduate. (Tells me a lot about how he treats his players.)

Reactions: 5 people
Thanks for this. I went through and tried to give you as many "likes" as possible.

Thanks man. It's rare that I can listen to things, but I love it when people post the quotables on VN. Helps those of us who can't listen or watch.

Plus, i've realized what I find important may never be said by a reporter.

Reactions: 4 people
I can tell you this, at forty years old coach jones made me stand up. He has this whole reality distorion Steve jobs thing. You know this man is going to do something great and you want to be a part of it. He is an intense individual.

Reactions: 8 people
I can tell you this, at forty years old coach jones made me stand up. He has this whole reality distorion Steve jobs thing. You know this man is going to do something great and you want to be a part of it. He is an intense individual.

No lie. And the players have totally bought in. I think they've been dying to buy in to something that is going to work since Kiffin.

I really think the defense is going to make a complete 180. They sound confident and like they understand exactly what they need to do.

Reactions: 1 person
Wonder why Butch buttons the top button on his polo shirts. Is this just more evidence he has "it" or trying to make a new fashion statement....

Not a part of our team. But he is close to graduation, and Butch is going to give him all the support he can. I appreciate that.

This speaks volumes about CBJ as a person and his philosophy on team and family. He could cut Gordon loose and let him struggle with life. But he's going to let him graduate and get his degree. Awesome.

Reactions: 3 people
Here is the Worley and James Stone session

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/R_Q70jpHvK8[/youtube]

Worley still just makes me nervous. His demeanor just doesn't strike me as someone who will be that x-factor at QB. Bray's never did either. Ainge always had a great demeanor. Even Crompton's was pretty good. Bray and Worley both have a lot of "Ummm" and "uhhh" in their vocabulary when they're being interviewed. If you look at old videos of the greats (like Peyton) you see much more confidence and much more drive in the way they talk.

I dunno it may be something stupid to go by but it's something I always notice with QB's.

I have a feeling Dooley put a lick on a lot of players confidence. I think Riley will have the most confidence. Kids a habitual winner.

Worley still just makes me nervous. His demeanor just doesn't strike me as someone who will be that x-factor at QB. Bray's never did either. Ainge always had a great demeanor. Even Crompton's was pretty good. Bray and Worley both have a lot of "Ummm" and "uhhh" in their vocabulary when they're being interviewed. If you look at old videos of the greats (like Peyton) you see much more confidence and much more drive in the way they talk.

I dunno it may be something stupid to go by but it's something I always notice with QB's.

I don't think interview skills are at the top of the list on qualities coaches look for when recruiting QBs.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back