Pre-Camp Presser Live NOW

I agree on Randolph. If he was back there, we may win a couple of more games, and guess who is coaching this year if so.
Brian, thanks for giving up your knee for a coaching change. VFL.

and still looking for that vocal leader on D. I like AJ, but I don't think he is the one that is going to get in others faces and hold them accountable on the field.
We are still looking for that on D

butch is talking about the amount of work and leadership training they have done. They are excited to see what becomes of it. Butch says his more interested in the progression next week and the week after that. A whole lot coming out of his mouth. No words wasted. "we can not start from ground zero". "we have to take what we have done and move forward"

I don't think interview skills are at the top of the list on qualities coaches look for when recruiting QBs.

If you can't articulate and take demand of a conversation off the field, I can only imagine what he'll be saying in the huddle.

If you can't articulate and take demand of a conversation off the field, I can only imagine what he'll be saying in the huddle.

there is absolutely no correlation between the two. What is said there has nothing to do with a button up interview with the media.

Goodness gracious.

Reactions: 2 people
I don't think interview skills are at the top of the list on qualities coaches look for when recruiting QBs.

Who gives a s*** how they interview? Just win some games.

I'm not just talking about "how they interview". Like I said, it's a demeanor thing. I try to judge how they look and act in the face of tough questions as maybe a small snapshot of how they will look and act in tough situations. I know it's totally different, and like I said it may be a tough thing to guage, but if you watch McCarron or Aaron Murray in interviews, or even on a much bigger scale watching QB's like RGIII and Andrew Luck, they always seem to have a driven, confident, leadership factor about them. I'm saying I don't see that with Worley and I didn't see it with Bray either. And keep in mind I was always a fan of Bray, but only as a really strong arm, never as a leader.

there is absolutely no correlation between the two. What is said there has nothing to do with a button up interview with the media.

Goodness gracious.

It's about being competent. But, ok.

Grace is good. It isn't necessarily something negative.

Last edited:
Here is Butch from today. GBO

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yYMALUdPsw[/youtube]

thanks for the link :hi:

and i didn't know who Wally Pipp was either

"On June 2, 1925, Pipp was removed from the Yankees' starting lineup and replaced with Gehrig. The story has become baseball legend:

In the most popular version, one supported in later accounts by Pipp himself (although he wasn't always consistent on the subject, either), Pipp arrived at Yankee Stadium one day in 1925 with a terrific headache. He asked the Yankee trainer for a couple of aspirin. Manager Miller Huggins noted the scene and said, "Wally, take the day off. We'll try that kid Gehrig at first today and get you back in there tomorrow."

As Gehrig went on to play 2,130 consecutive games, Pipp did not get back in there tomorrow. He is later quoted to have said, "I took the two most expensive aspirin in history."

Videos would be greatly appreciated. Especially for us iphone fan boys

Dude. Get Dolphin Browser (I think) from the App Store. Free web browser that handles the thousands of Flash browser feeds that Apple refuses to support.

Even if you never use it except for these situations it's nice. I like Chrome best on my Android phone, but keep the stock browser handy in case I hit a flash feed etc. :good!:

I'm not just talking about "how they interview". Like I said, it's a demeanor thing. I try to judge how they look and act in the face of tough questions as maybe a small snapshot of how they will look and act in tough situations. I know it's totally different, and like I said it may be a tough thing to guage, but if you watch McCarron or Aaron Murray in interviews, or even on a much bigger scale watching QB's like RGIII and Andrew Luck, they always seem to have a driven, confident, leadership factor about them. I'm saying I don't see that with Worley and I didn't see it with Bray either. And keep in mind I was always a fan of Bray, but only as a really strong arm, never as a leader.

All 4 of these guys you reference have been in the media spotlight for at least several years now and I'll bet have improved their interview skills with the repetition. Your wanting to compare an interview rookie to interview veterns. I'll bet Worley's interview skills improve over the course of the season also. Practice makes perfect!

VN Store

Back