Problem with Neyland Stadium PA Guy

The Tall Gguy

Bucket of Lightbulbs
SIAP, but did anyone else get annoyed at the fact Neyland Stadium's PA guy thinks we are Syracuse?

He referred to the Vols as the Orange...not the Big Orange, but the Orange. IE First and 10 Orange, Touchdown Orange. Syracuse is the Orange. We are the Big Orange or the Vols.

Reactions: 13 people
Nope, the PC police made them change to the Orange. St Johns had to change from the Redmen to the Red Storm.

Pretty sure it wasn't Bobby Denton at Austin Peay...I could be wrong though...I was absolutely too hammered to care about the announcer. The only thing I care about when I walk into Neyland is that the Vols kick ass!

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure it wasn't Bobby Denton at Austin Peay...I could be wrong though...I was absolutely too hammered to care about the announcer. The only thing I care about when I walk into Neyland is that the Vols kick ass!

It was Bobby Denton for Austin Peay. Aside from him calling us the Orange, he also refers to zone read handoffs and sweeps as "pitches." Not saying it's a big deal, just something I've noticed. :birgits_giggle:

Reactions: 2 people
It was most certainly Bobby Denton. Guessing OP hasn't been to many games.

He still has problems with Neal and Sapp. They have been there 4 years. That being said I can't imagine anyone else. I am 34 and he has been the main guy my whole life.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
Bobby Denton has been the PA announcer for 48 years at Neyland. I like him personally. He is a great guy and loves the Vols. He has actually used the terms "orange" and "Big Orange" for years. Rarely does he say just "orange" but on occasion he has.

Reactions: 4 people
He is the only person left that reminds me of the good ole' days growing up going to games. I've been at 114 Tennessee games and he has been the PA announcer for every one of them. I can't imagine Neyland Stadium without that great voice. If you guys haven't heard some of the others in stadiums across the country, you should. Bobby is so much better than any other PA announcer I've ever heard. I think he's perfect for UT. I hope he can go for many more years.

Reactions: 6 people
I agree that Denton brings back good memories and it is special when he says "Its Football Time, In Tennessee". But he has been a little slow with the calls and the worst is him mispronouncing names of Tennessee players (frequently). Maybe it is time to transition a new person in to call the game and let Denton do pregame and halftime. :hi:

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back