Problem with Neyland Stadium PA Guy

Wow. Bobby Denton is one of the things that makes Neyland special. Gives me chills every game. I think some of you guys would complain about being sticky after having sex.

Reactions: 2 people
Wow. Bobby Denton is one of the things that makes Neyland special. Gives me chills every game. I think some of you guys would complain about being sticky after having sex.

Sorry man I love denton but he is getting pretty bad. Cant remember names and sounds likeba couple pints in when the first quarter is over.

Leave Bobby Denton alone. When it comes to good PA announcers, Bobby is one of the best. If you want to hear bad, go to my old high school. Good guy, but give him a microphone at a football game, and he sounds like the village idiot. Be thankful Bobby is up there, because the next guy will be like Kesling replacing Ward: a serious downgrade.

Reactions: 1 person
Leave Bobby Denton alone. When it comes to good PA announcers, Bobby is one of the best. If you want to hear bad, go to my old high school. Good guy, but give him a microphone at a football game, and he sounds like the village idiot. Be thankful Bobby is up there, because the next guy will be like Kesling replacing Ward: a serious downgrade.

you can't compare your high school PA guy to a division 1 traditional powerhouse Pa guy

We don't need a DJ..a good old fashioned Organ player is just fine.

Keep Bobby. After 40+ years he's entitled to a misspeak every once in a while!
GBO

Pretty soon Yuckez Smith will be back on the DLine. Can't wait to hear him call his name. :crazy:

You guys are missing what the OP is saying here. Although he said PA guy in title it's not Bobby he's talking about. During warm ups there is a guy, maybe the DJ, who does the announcements like "the emergency exits" and "treating visitor fans fairly and kindly." He's very loud, obnoxious, and totally out of place to the environment of Neyland. He stumbles over words and seems quite angry. It's just plain weird.

Bobby comes on about 10 minutes after this guy with his welcome to Neyland and refreshment price announcements he's always done. And as brilliant as ever.

But the guy before him, whoever it is, is atrocious.

You guys are missing what the OP is saying here. Although he said PA guy in title it's not Bobby he's talking about. During warm ups there is a guy, maybe the DJ, who does the announcements like "the emergency exits" and "treating visitor fans fairly and kindly." He's very loud, obnoxious, and totally out of place to the environment of Neyland. He stumbles over words and seems quite angry. It's just plain weird.

Bobby comes on about 10 minutes after this guy with his welcome to Neyland and refreshment price announcements he's always done. And as brilliant as ever.

But the guy before him, whoever it is, is atrocious.

Aren't those taped?

VN Store

Back