Pryor's final 6...

kkep48

PirateVol
Pryor cut his list to 6 and, to my surprise, we are in it. I never thought we'd make the final 6 but, are we really a player or is it between the Big 10 schools?

Big 10 if I had to bet.

It does suprise me that UT has hung around this long for his services.

Just saw this on rivals and was stunned. I could see him cutting Michigan and Notre Dame for obvious reasons but Southern Cal and Alabama suprised me. Still think it's going to be tough with the Big 10 schools but just to make it to 6 is very encouraging.

Just saw this on rivals and was stunned. I could see him cutting Michigan and Notre Dame for obvious reasons but Southern Cal and Alabama suprised me. Still think it's going to be tough with the Big 10 schools but just to make it to 6 is very encouraging.

Why does Alabama surprise you? He has an automatic salary if he goes there.

He's rated pretty high in basketball, too. 6-6 small forward averaging 21 pts and 10 boards a game. Maybe we'll initially let him play 2 sports?

well if Pryor wants to play two sports and Phil doesnt let him do it then Pryor will go elsewhere plain and simple... i believe he has stated that he wants to play both sports and as good as he is in both sports somebody in his final 6 will let him and that is where he will go... so like i said if Phil wants Pryor then he has no choice

Phil has already said he wouldn't mind pryor playing two sports initially. Talents like that don't come around everyday. If he wants to play two sports, go right ahead.

No surprise. He has always been close with Cut. I'd say we will get an official but his top 3 are probably PSU, OSU, and WVU.

I don't believe the spread O is the answer to anything Myself .I believe it is a fad that will fade when the D catches up to it. But he would be the Guy you would want to run a spread O for sure.

I don't know. PSU may be behind us. We are 3/4. Texas is intriguing with what they did with Young. We could recruit against UF and WVU here by talking about how the spread has put very few QBs in the draft. UF isn't recruiting him for QB anyways. OSU is the team to beat, but I'd watch for WVU. Nobody thought they'd land Noel Devine either. Devine+Pryor>>>>>>>Slaton+White

Would love to land this guy.We really need a mobile QB,But most dont want to be in this type of offense.

I think Cut wants to run the spread option, the problem is that we have no QB to run it. Our young WRs could thrive in that system since it's very simple.

BJ Coleman is not Tim Tebow. But, I think that is part of the intrigue with Coleman. He is a very mobile QB. Its a least a possiblity we can look into with Coleman in the future. Obviously, I think Pryor would be even more suited than Coleman though. Would be a very tough get though.

If Pryor does come here he will be a WR. James Banks was a 5* QB when he came here, and what happened to him? He turned into our best WR. I don't think he would mind playing WR anyways because USC and others are recruiting him for the position.

Banks wasn't near as big as Pryor.

I think Coleman could run it. Crompton might be able to. Ainge and Stephens are nothing near what would be needed at QB in the spread.

If Pryor does come here he will be a WR. James Banks was a 5* QB when he came here, and what happened to him? He turned into our best WR. I don't think he would mind playing WR anyways because USC and others are recruiting him for the position.

Way to make an ignorant blanket statement in an attempt to make a backhanded stab at the coaching staff. Only your point was ridiculous. James Banks was not a QB, at all. He was the best athlete on his high school team so he played QB, which is quite normal. He is at Carson Newman right now and they run the spread. So if he was such a good QB dont you think he would be playing it there? He is not. He is at WR. And do you remember that Schaffer guy we had. Yeah, we ran him at QB. If we get Pryor, I guarantee you we have every intention of using him at QB.

Way to make an ignorant blanket statement in an attempt to make a backhanded stab at the coaching staff. Only your point was ridiculous. James Banks was not a QB, at all. He was the best athlete on his high school team so he played QB, which is quite normal. He is at Carson Newman right now and they run the spread. So if he was such a good QB dont you think he would be playing it there? He is not. He is at WR. And do you remember that Schaffer guy we had. Yeah, we ran him at QB. If we get Pryor, I guarantee you we have every intention of using him at QB.

My bad, but doesn't his rivals profile say QB and not ATH?
James Banks - Football Recruiting

VN Store

Back