PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

He’s right though.

Most of these kids will go on to the NFL and make more money than any of us normal people will make in our lifetime.

If you want to donate, that’s cool. But telling people they aren’t true fans because they don’t donate to Spyre, is dumb.
💯 are the fans that don’t have the means to donate to Spyre less of a fan than the one that do. I am okay with disagreeing on whether to donate or not but to say I am not a fan pisses me off. I donate annually for my tickets, spend countless dollars on apparel and 8-10 every Saturday at the stadium supporting the Vols win or lose.

Reactions: KptVFL
I will cheer for who I want and will not allow some fan on a forum tell me how to spend my money.
lol I’m not telling you how to spend your money. I’m telling you the statement “if my ticket purchases and beer sales isn’t enough then we will never win championships” is dumb as hell. You, the typical fan, don’t dictate the outcome of this team/program. We will win championships, and it will be because of everything on top of your ticket and beer purchases that every other fan everywhere is also willing to make.

Hope you enjoy being along for the ride. If you don’t, and are able but unwilling to contribute more than what is average and expected, and going so far as to blame the sport instead of simply playing the game, THEN I might tell you how to spend your money or to gtfo with any complaints.

Last edited:
He’s right though.

Most of these kids will go on to the NFL and make more money than any of us normal people will make in our lifetime.

If you want to donate, that’s cool. But telling people they aren’t true fans because they don’t donate to Spyre, is dumb.
Didn’t say he wasn’t a true fan. Careful throwing around such accusations. Wouldn’t say that to anybody! There are plenty of people who literally don’t have money to contribute and I would never suggest someone put their financial stability backseat to a bloody football program.

But I also believe that the vast majority of us, with how much we seemingly care about this team, could forgo a Starbucks coffee or a pack of cigarettes once a month to contribute to the advancement of our athletics programs.

Reactions: jvols1999
lol I’m not telling you how to spend your money. I’m telling you the statement “if my ticket purchases and beer sales isn’t enough then we will never win championships” is dumb as hell. You, the typical fan, don’t dictate the outcome of this team/program. We will win championships, and it will be because of everything except your ticket and beer purchases that every other fan everywhere is also willing to make.

Hope you enjoy being along for the ride. If you don’t, and aren’t willing to contribute more than what is average and expected, THEN I might tell you how to spend your money or to gtfo with any complaints.
We will agree to disagree but if ticket sales were to drop by 50% next season the program would go back to the 6-6 days. While the NIL money may bring in the best players they are not going to come to a university with subpar facilities.

Ask yourself this. Will the NIL money pay for the weight room, locker room and practice facilities it takes to compete with the other SEC teams? No that is what the ticket and beer sales does so don’t be fooled that all it takes is NIL money to win championships. I applaud you for donating to the NIL but I will chose not to but that doesn’t make me any less of a fan. While my annual donations isn't a lot compared to some I like to think that I have played a small part in all the improvements that have taken place the last few years.

Last edited:
Didn’t say he wasn’t a true fan. Careful throwing around such accusations. Wouldn’t say that to anybody! There are plenty of people who literally don’t have money to contribute and I would never suggest someone put their financial stability backseat to a bloody football program.

But I also believe that the vast majority of us, with how much we seemingly care about this team, could forgo a Starbucks coffee or a pack of cigarettes once a month to contribute to the advancement of our athletics programs.
Maybe I misunderstood you as well. I thought you were saying go be a South Carolina fan. 🤷‍♂️

Reactions: vol_in_ga
💯 are the fans that don’t have the means to donate to Spyre less of a fan than the one that do. I am okay with disagreeing on whether to donate or not but to say I am not a fan pisses me off. I donate annually for my tickets, spend countless dollars on apparel and 8-10 every Saturday at the stadium supporting the Vols win or lose.
I don’t think anyone is saying you are not a fan for not contributing to spyre/vol club. That’s a gross exaggeration of the conversation being had.

My point is, if you can contribute, whatever bit you can contribute, will go towards the advancement of our teams we seem to care so deeply about. That seems worthy (opinion). Saying you don’t want to contribute and making claims about the game is different and my ticket purchases make a difference blah blah blah is what I don’t understand. It is the way it is, like it or not. Stop complaining. Stop finding something wrong with the game. Just play the game. Or if you care more about the way the game is won than if you win, fine don’t play the game. And dont complain when it doesn’t go the way you want it to.

Last edited:
Or you could take that same 25 dollars a month and give to St. Judes, cancer research, ending child hunger, etc. Which donation would be more worthy? Giving money to a self absorbed teenager or help the suffering?
All in the way you look at it. You don’t give it to a self absorbed teenager. You give it to the betterment of your chances of your team winning games and trust the coach to say the level of talent and commitment is worth whatever level of self absorbent the teen has. Giving to cancer research still infinitely more worthy imo. But it’s not up to us to decide what someone finds more worthy. And it’s probably not fair to assume that every person is considering the alternative for this monthly contribution something as worthwhile as cancer research.

Last edited:
I have supported the Vols for many years through tickets, apparel, and concessions. I would like to see them win more championships but if we have to buy them they are worthless and I have bigger priorities in life.

In my opinion, which I am entitled, greed is another matter and not one to which I subscribe.
Perfectly entitled to your opinion.

We will agree to disagree but if ticket sales were to drop by 50% next season the program would go back to the 6-6 days. While the NIL money may bring in the best players they are not going to come to a university with subpar facilities.

Ask yourself this. Will the NIL money pay for the weight room, locker room and practice facilities it takes to compete with the other SEC teams? No that is what the ticket and beer sales does so don’t be fooled that all it takes is NIL money to win championships. I applaud you for donating to the NIL but I will chose not to but that doesn’t make me any less of a fan. While my annual donations isn't a lot compared to some I like to think that I have played a small part in all the improvements that have taken place the last few years.
That’s a big if considering we sold out last season. And had a nearly packed house for possibly the worst 20 years in our program, and even when we didn’t were still putting more butts in seats than 95% of the schools out there. I don’t think we are the type program that struggles with ticket sales.

That’s also putting words in my mouth that I didn’t say. I didn’t say all it takes is NIL. I’m saying the tickets and apparel and concessions are prerequisites that we don’t and won’t have issues with. With where the game is going, NIL will be necessary on top of everything else to “compete for championships.”

Maybe I misunderstood you as well. I thought you were saying go be a South Carolina fan. 🤷‍♂️
Maybe I misunderstood your comment about what it takes to compete for championships and your desire for that to be achieved.

If you want to compete for championships, NIL (whether you like the idea of it or not) is needed on top of ticket/apparel/concessions sales to bring in the best players. The amount of money that goes into a program is much more than merely how many people show up on gameday, and has been for a long time whether you could see it or not. Not a whole lot has actually change other than the transparency and legality of the money flows. So if you have a desire to win championships, and you have the means to contribute more (than you already are) to the achieving of that reality, I implore you to consider the current state of college football and to consider making contributions to our NIL collective that previously you were likely unable to do merely because there was no avenue for it other than your ticket/apparel/concessions purchases. If you can contribute more, but don’t want to, and want to still complain about us not winning championships, knowing well what it is likely going to take to win championships (of which NIL is now a component), I would suggest a program like South Carolina where they (the sensible fans) are just happy to fill the seats and be members of the SEC might be a better fit for delivering the type of experience you desire.

Even the ones who do donate, still complain about recruiting.

What’s the difference???
Are we talking about why people complain in general? Huge can of worms with a lot of opinions and rationalizations and irrationalities.

I think people who complain who have donated maybe feel like their complaining is justified in that they did their part and didn’t see the result they expected, as if outcomes are always controllable and predictable and equatable based on an input. But there’s so many other reasons a decision is made, factors unequally weighted upon the decision makers values.

My predictions: if we have more NIL contributions on a LARGE scale, we will find an incrementally better outcome. Also, there will always be ones we don’t win, no matter how much money was on the table. Finally, the complaining will continue regardless of outcomes (see uga fan complains about losing raoila).

Everyone needs to join, it’s really quite simple. $25 per month is inexpensive and the perks make it more than worth it.

10,000 $25 fans is $3MM per year or like 10 really important players for our roster.

Just join and stop fighting it. The Vol Club has more than proven their validity. Anyone not joining at this point is just being a contrarian and HURTING the program they claim to love.

Memberships

Everyone needs to join, it’s really quite simple. $25 per month is inexpensive and the perks make it more than worth it.

10,000 $25 fans is $3MM per year or like 10 really important players for our roster.

Just join and stop fighting it. The Vol Club has more than proven their validity. Anyone not joining at this point is just being a contrarian and HURTING the program they claim to love.

Memberships
EV we appreciate the continued efforts amongst the fans. But $25 is not inexpensive. My idea at work is for VC to stop hitting up same 20-30 dudes over and over.

I see it in my job. If I circle wagons on same 15-20 accounts, and beat them up. I lose the relational aspect that got me in to begin with.

Really think VC is missing the boat with advertising. BH's and BK are both legends in the UT DoC. It wouldnt be a stretch for them to call up Ed, Mike, or whomever they knew from Dick Broadcasting days, to ask for free ads, or lowered rates for air time.

WIVK and SA are standard bearers in Knox Cty. Most alumni that arent die hard Vols have no clue who or what Spyre is. Jmo. Old farts, and kids of old farts like myself, and old farts grandkids like my son, still listen to Cheggars on the radio.

Tell ya hwat. I will send you a check for twenty five dollhairs to replace fan duel ads with Spyre ads. Really!

Last edited:

Memberships
They are sending audited financials out to members? That’s awesome.

Just giving you grief. But no validity to how the funds are spent if reports aren’t sent out. Sorry I’m an accountant and don’t trust anyone with my money. Lol

With that said, I give to the Club because I want a championship.

Memberships
I more or less agree with this, this is thebera we are in so if you want to win, it is whatvit is. However, Spyre needs to do their part and step up the marketing and get their name out there. Their problem is not that people know and aren't contributing. It's that a lot don't know or don't understand and are too casual to pursue it any further. THAT will get Spyre the numbers it wants, not trying to convince the die hards on VN.

Reactions: DarthVol1
I more or less agree with this, this is thebera we are in so if you want to win, it is whatvit is. However, Spyre needs to do their part and step up the marketing and get their name out there. Their problem is not that people know and aren't contributing. It's that a lot don't know or don't understand and are too casual to pursue it any further. THAT will get Spyre the numbers it wants, not trying to convince the die hards on VN.
There is an ungodly amount of information on Spyre out there. Local news, local radio, stadium signage, Facebook, Ect.

There is a HUGE portion of this fanbase that knows exactly what they are, knows they are reputable and are helping and just chooses not to join in the fight.

It will bite us one day if people don’t Change.

We will keep promoting and sharing the story but I don’t buy ignorance as the primary excuse anymore. This time last year, absolutely.

They are sending audited financials out to members? That’s awesome.

Just giving you grief. But no validity to how the funds are spent if reports aren’t sent out. Sorry I’m an accountant and don’t trust anyone with my money. Lol

With that said, I give to the Club because I want a championship.
You know they can’t do that. Deals with players are private and if we sent it out we’d just be releasing to the competition what we pay. Total
Dollar figures, total
Athletes represented, total deals and percentages of money is shared. I mean no one Actually thinks that’s a good idea for
Us to give away or secrets to completion right?

Also if you are a BIGTIME booster gives 6 figure donations I’m sure you are made aware of how the money is used. Us $25 per month folks who get more than that value back in return don’t need that information shared.

Hurting? Ok, that's bs and hopefully not the message VC wants to put out there. You're going to create an unnecessary divide with that kind of talk
What do you think the people not donating that have the means to are doing PJ? You think they are helping our NIL efforts? I mean it’s common sense, if you aren’t helping at this point then you are hurting because you are causing us to be behind some rivals in fan revenue NIL support. It’s just math it’s not a divide or derogatory statement.

EV we appreciate the continued efforts amongst the fans. But $25 is not inexpensive. My idea at work is for VC to stop hitting up same 20-30 dudes over and over.

I see it in my job. If I circle wagons on same 15-20 accounts, and beat them up. I lose the relational aspect that got me in to begin with.

Really think VC is missing the boat with advertising. BH's and BK are both legends in the UT DoC. It wouldnt be a stretch for them to call up Ed, Mike, or whomever they knew from Dick Broadcasting days, to ask for free ads, or lowered rates for air time.

WIVK and SA are standard bearers in Knox Cty. Most alumni that arent die hard Vols have no clue who or what Spyre is. Jmo. Old farts, and kids of old farts like myself, and old farts grandkids like my son, still listen to Cheggars on the radio.

Tell ya hwat. I will send you a check for twenty five dollhairs to replace fan duel ads with Spyre ads. Really!
We are going on plenty of shows targeted at older populations. Been on
Local News in Knoxville all
Fall. Also shows like this. The message is out there trust me.

What do you think the people not donating that have the means to are doing PJ? You think they are helping our NIL efforts? I mean it’s common sense, if you aren’t helping at this point then you are hurting because you are causing us to be behind some rivals in fan revenue NIL support. It’s just math it’s not a divide or derogatory statement.

“You’re hurting us if you have money and don’t donate!” is a horrendous marketing message.

You know they can’t do that. Deals with players are private and if we sent it out we’d just be releasing to the competition what we pay. Total
Dollar figures, total
Athletes represented, total deals and percentages of money is shared. I mean no one Actually thinks that’s a good idea for
Us to give away or secrets to completion right?

Also if you are a BIGTIME booster gives 6 figure donations I’m sure you are made aware of how the money is used. Us $25 per month folks who get more than that value back in return don’t need that information shared.
Keep it simple:

Gross contributions $$$$
Expenses on athletes $$$ (90%)
Expenses on advertising/G&A $$$ (10%)
Net income $$$

Boom lol

VN Store

Back