PSA: Support Spyre and The Volunteer Club

You might be fighting that segment, but they are not your primary barrier imo. The primary barrier is people here in the midstate or West TN that maybe don't see the commercials and are only casual fans. As I've said before, this type of fan is open to the concept of giving a little once a huge fan explains it to them in detail...but that message isn't getting there from Spyre, period. It just isn't.
Most people I've spoken to in similar scenarios are like "Yeah, I've heard about NIL a little but I don't understand it really". Or "I already give to the university, why am I giving to them a second time".
Spyre and people who speak on their behalf need to stop acting like the problem is fans fighting them, it isn't. Its the casual fan not understanding HOW the money they would be giving translates directly to success.
I'd agree with this that exposure outside of Knoxville should be better and our membership numbers reflect that as there is a big percentage being from Knoxville.

Good Thoughts.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
I don't think you have to share the specific individual deals.

But something as simple as:
X dollars brought in via Y number of accounts.
Z dollars spent on recruits. A dollars spent on current players.
B dollars spent on non-player expenses.

I don't think any of that hurts relations or deals.

Its hard to sell the power of Spyre/the Vol Club when we don't have the faintest clue what it is actually doing. Being able to tell the fans "Hey we were able to spend X million bucks last year on players." is actually a bit of a selling point to prospective contributors. Then people would know what type of power Spyre actually has, and as much as they don't want to admit it, people want to back a winner. but they need to know that. the information out about Spyre is incredibly vague and doesn't actually tell much about what is going on.
Total number of money distributed and total number of deals is public knowledge and in articles.

There is no Z dollars being spent on recruits also BTW, wink wink so can't really put that out there for you.

Reactions: vol_in_ga
So does he not want to donate or has he never heard about it. You are contradicting yourself. If he hears the message omg and doesn’t like it then it’s his choice not to support the Schools NIL efforts. Not that he isn’t hearing about it.
I don't believe I said he hadn't heard of it. I said he won't divert money to donate for the same reasons many others are repeating to you. You seem to be coming from a defensive place where the message is fine but the people are ruining it. Based on many other comments in this thread that's just not true

Personally, I think Spyre's attitude towards small time donors is that they really don't want to dedicate that much effort to pursue your $300-500 per year or go after more small time donors. They are too busy catering to those who are donating 4-5+ figures to be a member.

I also think that if they were that interested in the small potatoes, they would offer something more desirable in return. When i joined, I got a jabari small autographed pic. I was disappointed it wasn't Hendon or Jalin. I re-upped in 23 but haven't received anything at all, not even really sure I will.

Take the Jalin Hyatt membership drive for instance during the 22 season. I would love to know how that turned out. Maybe they didn't sell that many? Again the lack of transparency is hurting.

If you sell an autographed picture for $25, 1000 of them would be $25k. I have to assume they aren't interested because its a lot of work for small potatoes, plus the player probably gets a cut. They could have easily done a Jaylen Wright 1000 yard rusher thing if it worked.
Man I really disagree with this.

A $300 a year member had access to 13! all you can eat and drink tailgates this season. Access to go to Night at Neyland, Hoops and Holiday's, Signing day celebrations, The Porch baseball outings. All of these had booze and food and player access.

If you don't think that is taking care of people who are donating $300 per year I'm not sure you'll ever be happy with what we are doing.

Total number of money distributed and total number of deals is public knowledge and in articles.

There is no Z dollars being spent on recruits also BTW, wink wink so can't really put that out there for you.
just include the recruits with the rest of them, don't have to get specific.

Can you share an article, I haven't seen one?

as others have pointed out. your messaging is not getting out like you think it does. It may be a case of the personalized advertisement formulas are giving you guys bad feed back. Even as someone's whose feed is 50% Vols I have yet to see anything come across my screen about Spyre/VC.

just include the recruits with the rest of them, don't have to get specific.

Can you share an article, I haven't seen one?

as others have pointed out. your messaging is not getting out like you think it does. It may be a case of the personalized advertisement formulas are giving you guys bad feed back. Even as someone's whose feed is 50% Vols I have yet to see anything come across my screen about Spyre/VC.
Here's one that took a quick google search, there are plenty of others from ON3.

I don't believe I said he hadn't heard of it. I said he won't divert money to donate for the same reasons many others are repeating to you. You seem to be coming from a defensive place where the message is fine but the people are ruining it. Based on many other comments in this thread that's just not true
Sorry these posts right here when you say nothing is on TV or radio and you never see anything on campus about Vol Club is what I'm responding to. Glad your dad sees us on ABC, hopefully one day he will choose to support the players and their NIL opportunities! Until then I'm glad he supports the University in other ways.

Here's one that took a quick google search, there are plenty of others from ON3.

great, thank you!
that is exactly what I, and I think many others even in this thread, are looking for.

As I said though, this is the first I am seeing it. I don't think you guys have been as effective as you think in leading the various Vol horses to the waters of Spyre.

great, thank you!
that is exactly what I, and I think many others even in this thread, are looking for.

As I said though, this is the first I am seeing it. I don't think you guys have been as effective as you think in leading the various Vol horses to the waters of Spyre.
Ok thanks for the valuable feedback. Glad you are now aware, would you like to join?

lol why not use the example of all of the success that Miami, Texas A&M, and USC have had with those huge pocket books?

oh wait, its not a silver bullet.
and telling your fans that one of their favorite and established ways of being a Vol fan, going to games, doesn't matter is also a TERRIBLE message.
I said comparatively attending doesn't matter compared to supporting the Vol Club in ensuring we have a good football product. I didn't say going to games doesn't matter to being a fan.

I find it fascinating when the market is telling a business what’s going on in the minds of the consumers/customers and the business response is “no it’s YOU who needs to change, not us!” 🙃

Reactions: KptVFL
I find it fascinating when the market is telling a business what’s going on in the minds of the consumers/customers and the business response is “no it’s YOU who needs to change, not us!”
To be clear, none of us work for Spyre. They are much friendlier and amendable to feedback then those that have been frustrated trying to explain it on message boards over and over

I find it fascinating when the market is telling a business what’s going on in the minds of the consumers/customers and the business response is “no it’s YOU who needs to change, not us!” 🙃
Throw me out your 10 point plan for spreading the Vol Club message and I promise you I will share it with one of the two founders of the organization immediately.

Looking forward to your feedback and plan!

1. The cost of living has increased substantially the past few years, so even though $25/month doesn't seem like much, it may be for people who are having it tough. Shaming them by saying they're hurting the program, doesn't really make me want to contribute.
2. It's been mentioned before, but some level of transparency is good. If I am going to give, I would like to know what I am giving to. Is 80% of what I am giving going to NIL offers? Or is it 50%? Does the organization have a huge G&A (overhead) and multiple people making large salaries? I am not really interested in making some rich dude richer.
3. Third point, I don't know whether it is on Spyre/VC, or the coaching staff, or a mixture of the two, but while we have had a very good class, our competition is putting together better classes. Dead middle of the pack in the SEC recruiting won't get us to the promised land.
4. UT ticket prices are already very high compared to other markets. Fans are getting squeezed from that end. Again, shaming fans for "hurting" the program doesn't sit well with people who already contribute a lost. Try a different tactic.

Sorry these posts right here when you say nothing is on TV or radio and you never see anything on campus about Vol Club is what I'm responding to. Glad your dad sees us on ABC, hopefully one day he will choose to support the players and their NIL opportunities! Until then I'm glad he supports the University in other ways.

I said essentially not using it which doesn't mean it's nothing. It's simply not sufficient to reach the goals claimed. I was in town for almost a week and really saw nothing. I don't live in Knoxville which is likely why but there are lots in the same boat.

What I'm saying is not unique and is repeated many, many times in this thread. Ignore it and attack the messenger if you want but it would likely increase membership

Ok thanks for the valuable feedback. Glad you are now aware, would you like to join?
not at this time. but I am more comfortable with the idea now.

I am sure you guys have the options but I also much more likely to donate if I can do single donations. thats how I handle the other donations I make.

and I know I am extremely out on my own on this one but I honestly don't care about the benefits being a member would give me. I am out of state, make maybe one game a year, and have *enough* Vol merch to keep me happy at the moment. and again, me being weird, I would rather just be able to donate without joining anything. I have actually stopped donating to some good causes because I LOATHE getting heckled for donations.

keep up the good work, and I am sure I will be ready to contribute at some point.

1. The cost of living has increased substantially the past few years, so even though $25/month doesn't seem like much, it may be for people who are having it tough. Shaming them by saying they're hurting the program, doesn't really make me want to contribute.
2. It's been mentioned before, but some level of transparency is good. If I am going to give, I would like to know what I am giving to. Is 80% of what I am giving going to NIL offers? Or is it 50%? Does the organization have a huge G&A (overhead) and multiple people making large salaries? I am not really interested in making some rich dude richer.
3. Third point, I don't know whether it is on Spyre/VC, or the coaching staff, or a mixture of the two, but while we have had a very good class, our competition is putting together better classes. Dead middle of the pack in the SEC recruiting won't get us to the promised land.
4. UT ticket prices are already very high compared to other markets. Fans are getting squeezed from that end. Again, shaming fans for "hurting" the program doesn't sit well with people who already contribute a lost. Try a different tactic.
1. Totally get it
2. Your dollars I think are 90%+ to deals. Someone else would have stats. They have other means of supporting G&A/overhead
3. Coaching imo
4. Totally get it. Don't think anyone should shame others

I am sure you guys have the options but I also much more likely to donate if I can do single donations. thats how I handle the other donations I make.

and I know I am extremely out on my own on this one but I honestly don't care about the benefits being a member would give me. I am out of state, make maybe one game a year, and have *enough* Vol merch to keep me happy at the moment. and again, me being weird, I would rather just be able to donate without joining anything. I have actually stopped donating to some good causes because I LOATHE getting heckled for donations.

keep up the good work, and I am sure I will be ready to contribute at some point.
I personally view 100% of the benefit as supporting the student athlete and 0% the other perks

Here is the link for one time gifts! Thanks in advance for anything you can give to support our players NIL opportunities and help us build the best rosters possible!

GBO!

Throw me out your 10 point plan for spreading the Vol Club message and I promise you I will share it with one of the two founders of the organization immediately.

Looking forward to your feedback and plan!

Condescension and adversarial stances vs the fans. That’s the ticket to their pocket books!

I didn’t say I had a 10 point plan, did I? But I’ve seen numerous posters telling you they never see or hear about it and even have seen some ideas on how to improve upon that. Perhaps engage with those people more that offer ideas instead of dismissing them.

Clearly your message hasn’t been as impactful as you hoped and you’re frustrated. Isn’t that kinda the point of this whole convo?

1 - Everything is always prefaced by the people who have ability to cotribute, know about the Vol Club then still continue not to support. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE should keep food off their table to help college players make money.

2 - 93% was given to athletes the first year and was what was shown in an audit done by the AD before they actively started supporting TVC publicly, gave them the huge tailgate spot and started allowing ads in the stadium and on the Vol Network, ect. 90% is the stated goal.

3 - We are top 3rd in per player quality which is all that matters, also see my post from the recruiting forum thread with what the main issue is keeping us from a top 3 class. It's our staff's approach to how they want to close recruits. They don't over promise or get into the recruiting games, we've lost players this year where we had more money offfered then where they chose to go. I also don't blame our coaches for those decisions as it leads to our great chemistry and roster makeup and lack of attrition in concert with the great NIL.

4 - Don't want to do that, sorry if I did.

Condescension and adversarial stances vs the fans. That’s the ticket to their pocket books!

I didn’t say I had a 10 point plan, did I? But I’ve seen numerous posters telling you they never see or hear about it and even have seen some ideas on how to improve upon that. Perhaps engage with those people more that offer ideas instead of dismissing them.

Clearly your message hasn’t been as impactful as you hoped and you’re frustrated. Isn’t that kinda the point of this whole convo?
That's what I figured, I'm waiting for any plans when you want to give and glad to share!

1 - Everything is always prefaced by the people who have ability to cotribute, know about the Vol Club then still continue not to support. NO ONE and I mean NO ONE should keep food off their table to help college players make money.

2 - 93% was given to athletes the first year and was what was shown in an audit done by the AD before they actively started supporting TVC publicly, gave them the huge tailgate spot and started allowing ads in the stadium and on the Vol Network, ect. 90% is the stated goal.

3 - We are top 3rd in per player quality which is all that matters, also see my post from the recruiting forum thread with what the main issue is keeping us from a top 3 class. It's our staff's approach to how they want to close recruits. They don't over promise or get into the recruiting games, we've lost players this year where we had more money offfered then where they chose to go. I also don't blame our coaches for those decisions as it leads to our great chemistry and roster makeup and lack of attrition in concert with the great NIL.

4 - Don't want to do that, sorry if I did.
10/4. And for the record, I am not against contributing. If one has the means, and the desire to do so, I think it is a great thing. I contribute myself. When folks contribute, they want to see results. It's like investing. You don't want to invest in something that isn't getting the bang for your buck, return, whatever.

That's what I figured, I'm waiting for any plans when you want to give and glad to share!

I’d be happy to help for a nominal fee. Consider negotiations open.

Next, do you want to send over the collective’s financials (bc I’m sure you don’t expect a “10 point plan” without allowing someone all the pertinent data) to me via email or ? Your preferred method of delivery is fine.

Let me know!

VN Store

Back