Quarantines to help reduce the spread of virus

Well, it is spread by a certain kind if contact, but either way why does that even matter? Hypothetically, if HIV carriers could have been quarantined nearly 40 years ago, HIV wouldn't have been able to spread.
Well.... let’s see.... someone coughs, sneezes, touches a door handle, touches a light switch... and coronavirus transmission is a possibility versus promiscuous anal sex and sharing IV needles..... Ras.... I gotta say.... I see what you’re trying to say but.....

Well.... let’s see.... someone coughs, sneezes, touches a door handle, touches a light switch... and coronavirus transmission is a possibility versus promiscuous anal sex and sharing IV needles..... Ras.... I gotta say.... I see what you’re trying to say but.....
Are you sure about that? Has there been an official statement suggesting that as a type of high risk activity?

Is that in writing somewhere in an official medical or government document?

I don't know if you consider it "an official statement," but the CDC's page on HIV transmission lists anal sex as the most likely method of transmission, with receptive anal sex being riskier than insertive.

HIV Transmission | HIV Basics | HIV/AIDS | CDC
I'm really surprised they have that in writing because that singles out one particular section of our population...

1. AIDS is not casually transmitted
2. Many people with AIDS don’t know they’re infected
3. This would hinder real AIDS treatment and research, forcing patients underground
4. Quarantine is a last resort for an extremely virulent disease, not to be used to alleviate paranoia or to alienate certain populations.
Now apply it to coronavirus

Because of the means of spread. You can explain how to completely prevent the spread and contraction of HIV, you can’t do the same for airborne or contact spread viruses.
I would rather get coronavirus than HIV. Cant imagine the death rate is comparable. Seems like that should weight considerations.

Apply which part?
2 and 3.

Especially quarantine pretty much guarantees panic and overwhelming hospitals so those actually sick cant get help. Look at northern italy. Biggest quarantines outside of china and highest death rate. Chicken/egg here on which came first. But it seems like a bad idea to me to confine people in a small place where they can only breathe on each other during a respiratory disease out break.

I would rather get coronavirus than HIV. Cant imagine the death rate is comparable. Seems like that should weight considerations.
Considerations for Quarantine has to do with how a virus spreads and how easily. As I said before, you can teach people how to not spread or contract HIV, you can’t do that with coronavirus.

2 and 3.

Especially quarantine pretty much guarantees panic and overwhelming hospitals so those actually sick cant get help. Look at northern italy. Biggest quarantines outside of china and highest death rate. Chicken/egg here on which came first. But it seems like a bad idea to me to confine people in a small place where they can only breathe on each other during a respiratory disease out break.

How does isolating those who we already know are infected from the rest of the population help spread an infection? You’ll have to help me understand that one.

Again, quarantine is a last resort but can be effective with diseases that are easily spread.

Why do I get the sense that this has been hijacked by a simple anti gay theme? I dont know, maybe that was the intent of OP from the getgo.

How does isolating those who we already know are infected from the rest of the population help spread an infection? You’ll have to help me understand that one.

Again, quarantine is a last resort but can be effective with diseases that are easily spread.
It really isn't that difficult to understand. You gather the few thousand or so that had the virus in the early stages of HIV back then and you keep the virus within the quarantined area.

Considerations for Quarantine has to do with how a virus spreads and how easily. As I said before, you can teach people how to not spread or contract HIV, you can’t do that with coronavirus.
Flu? Common cold? Any number of other communicable respiratory diseases?

You cant effectively quarantine just the sick. Especially with a two week incubation period where you are spreading it

It really isn't that difficult to understand. You gather the few thousand or so that had the virus in the early stages of HIV back then and you keep the virus within the quarantined area.

I don’t think it’s hard to understand that’s unnecessary and counterproductive. Again, I invite you to review epidemiological material on this matter.

Flu? Common cold? Any number of other communicable respiratory diseases?

We have a flu vaccine to mitigate the effects of it, especially for vulnerable populations, and the mortality rate is 0.1%. We do have isolation and protocol for other dangerous respiratory diseases, like TB.

We have a flu vaccine to mitigate the effects of it, especially for vulnerable populations, and the mortality rate is 0.1%. We do have isolation and protocol for other dangerous respiratory diseases, like TB.
So what's the line? 1% mortality? 3% but if we can treat it it's ok?

Isolation and protocol is not quarantine

VN Store

Back