Quarantines to help reduce the spread of virus

Theoretically, that's true. But given the type of contact that was required, the better option would have been for everyone to be honest about the risk factors, and for people to simply stop engaging in the risky behavior. Obviously, society must try a different approach when the risky behavior might be touching the same countertop or simply being near someone who coughs as opposed to the risky behavior being intravenous drug use or sodomy.

And of course the big question is do AIDS patients get quarantined for life?
Well, what we are seeing now is that people that don't mask or vaccine are treated like criminals and in some countries, banned from society or even quarantined.

So should we have done the same back in 1982 for HIV/AIDS patients that continue to engage in risky behavior?

Reactions: Pacer92
Well, what we are seeing now is that people that don't mask or vaccine are treated like criminals and in some countries, banned from society or even quarantined.

So should we have done the same back in 1982 for HIV/AIDS patients that continue to engage in risky behavior?

Yes and actually I think that happened to some degree.

35 states have laws on the books that criminalize knowingly exposing another to HIV/AIDS.

35 states have laws on the books that criminalize knowingly exposing another to HIV/AIDS.
I'm assuming you're not trying to draw the false equivalency that someone that knows they are HIV-positive or has AIDS is equivalent to someone that chooses not to wear a mask or be vaccinated.

Last edited:
Reactions: hog88 and Zues1
I'm assuming you're not trying to draw the false equivalency that someone that knows they are HIV-positive or have AIDS is equivalent to someone that chooses not to wear a mask or be vaccinated.

I responded to the posed hypothetical. I did not draw the equivalence. In fact, in the early days of the thread, I drew a bright line between the two.

No one knows how well it would work because of the dishonesty of the government on the subject. I’ve repeatedly asked medical professionals “What happened to the flu?” and not one has had an answer yet. Funny how something with a higher mortality rate, that’s been around for ever suddenly disappears. Makes me wonder how many “Covid” deaths were actually the flu to begin with. Things that make you go 🤔

Reactions: davethevol

VN Store

Back