Quiz Time!

zeppelin128

This is the Way.
Pew Research released a political typology quiz the other day that has been making the rounds on Reddit. I know it is not perfect, but it placed me accurately and I thought the breakdown of the various groups within the Democratic party were pretty spot on. Anyways, the quiz:

Political Typology Quiz

I placed in Establishment Liberals, along with 13% of the public: while deeply liberal – roughly half describe themselves as either liberal (41%) or very liberal (12%) – Establishment Liberals are the typology group most likely to see value in political compromise and tend to be more inclined toward more measured approaches to societal change than their Progressive Left counterparts.

The Establishment always wins, baby. 😎

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Well, I'm no longer to the left of Fidel Castro and more libertarian than Gary Johnson (as per the Political Compass test), so perhaps that's a sort of progress. I don't believe, however, that this test accurately registered my political outlook. The test results claim, as they did for KB5252, that I'm an "ambivalent conservative." That sounded about right, until I read the description: 1) fiscally conservative, 2) socially moderate, and 3) relatively low political engagement. The first two should be reversed-- fiscally moderate and socially conservative. If "low political engagement" means that I have a hard time supporting candidates, then that's true (I've finally resorted to voting third party). Perhaps there's a reason that these tests aren't able accurately to register my views . . .

Reactions: Carl Pickens
Do you think that is accurate for you? Reddit was going on and on about how accurate it was in placement.
I'm so jaded politically I'm honestly not sure. That's how I would have identified myself 10 years ago, a fiscal conservative with libertarian social stance.

At this point, I hate them all though. That probably doesn't help much does it?

I'm so jaded politically I'm honestly not sure. That's how I would have identified myself 10 years ago, a fiscal conservative with libertarian social stance.

At this point, I hate them all though. That probably doesn't help much does it?
Frustration with politicians is probably the one thing that unites everyone. lol

Well, I'm no longer to the left of Fidel Castro and more libertarian than Gary Johnson (as per the Political Compass test), so perhaps that's a sort of progress. I don't believe, however, that this test accurately registered my political outlook. The test results claim, as they did for KB5252, that I'm an "ambivalent conservative." That sounded about right, until I read the description: 1) fiscally conservative, 2) socially moderate, and 3) relatively low political engagement. The first two should be reversed-- fiscally moderate and socially conservative. If "low political engagement" means that I have a hard time supporting candidates, then that's true (I've finally resorted to voting third party). Perhaps there's a reason that these tests aren't able accurately to register my views . . .
I wonder if you were like on the edge of populist right v. ambivalent right. That could explain the disconnect with where you think you fall on the scale.

I know these tests aren't 100% accurate, I just enjoy taking them and seeing where other people place on the scale of things.

Reactions: DuckInAPen
Ambivalent Right .

Young and politically cross-pressured: Conservative on economics and issues of race and gender, less so on immigration, social issues

that may be the best fit, but not how I would describe myself.

The answers bothered me, sometimes it was a straight bipolar choice, other times they gave you range. Seems like it would have been better to always or never have a range, and it should be the same range, imo. Seems like they were wanting to weight certain answers. Granted it may be a factor of limited number of possible political alignments, but it bothered me.

Reactions: headhunter15
I think we all could have happily gone through the rest of our lives without knowing that you enjoyed such a thing.

I dont get it. So is that term some new fangled pseudo derogatory term? Trust me it was common language to say that before it became some stupid deifinition change.

VN Store

Back