Quiz Time!

It was a really simple question that required, at most, probably about an 8 word response. It could have been as brief as 2 words - "Legal Immigrants". Given the fact that we received 2 separate responses totaling 172 words without answering the question, I'm going to assume that means your "dearest friends" are illegal immigrants. See how easy that was?

The answer to your question -- legal -- is right there in the text you quoted (it's one of the 172 words you took the time to count, but not, it seems, to read). I had read your question as a rhetorical one meant to clarify the description of "populist right" in the test, and so I responded accordingly. A blessed Sunday to you, Vol423.

Ambivalent Right.

I don't feel conservatives should continue fighting the lost Culture War. We should be focusing on reducing size of government and being more fiscally responsible and turning everything else over to the states. If California wants free health care, universal income, etc that's fine but don't try and force those same beliefs on Tennessee for example.

Amen!!!!!

8348678F-B519-4A1B-8DCC-C36DBF3DBC38.jpg
My distinguishing features were really how I describe myself as fiscally conservative and social moderate/liberal.

Ambivalent Right .

Young and politically cross-pressured: Conservative on economics and issues of race and gender, less so on immigration, social issues

that may be the best fit, but not how I would describe myself.

The answers bothered me, sometimes it was a straight bipolar choice, other times they gave you range. Seems like it would have been better to always or never have a range, and it should be the same range, imo. Seems like they were wanting to weight certain answers. Granted it may be a factor of limited number of possible political alignments, but it bothered me.

This is how I was pegged as well.

Ambivalent right like most of the others. Which honestly doesn’t make a lot of sense with how we converse here. It fits the options that they allowed but I think it’s a flawed exercise in only having one axis and fitting us all on that one axis. The political compass is a much better measure I’d submit. I wasn’t really a fan of the question content either frankly. While of course the questions are leading they seemed to also lead backwards towards Pew I think too. I’d say let’s stick with Political Compass 🤷‍♂️

Ambivalent right like most of the others. Which honestly doesn’t make a lot of sense with how we converse here. It fits the options that they allowed but I think it’s a flawed exercise in only having one axis and fitting us all on that one axis. The political compass is a much better measure I’d submit. I wasn’t really a fan of the question content either frankly. While of course the questions are leading they seemed to also lead backwards towards Pew I think too. I’d say let’s stick with Political Compass 🤷‍♂️

seems Ambivalent right is the VN equivalent of purple on the Political Compass (lower right quadrant)

seems Ambivalent right is the VN equivalent of purple on the Political Compass (lower right quadrant)
Yep. And I think it’s pretty silly for Pew to label right leaning libertarians as ambivalent. I’m not one damn bit conflicted. Which is why I think the questions lead both ways. It’s an alignment quiz so of course the questions are leading. However labeling libertarians as conflicted seems rather telling on Pew also.

Who here is bothered by people speaking a foreign language in your community?

“Establishment Liberal” for me … though I think a better label would be “Apathetic anti-conservative”

If you need a quiz to know who you are and what you believe, then you have other issues with which to deal. Don’t give the corporate and government data lakes any additional help putting you in a classification bucket. That’s all these things do. Data mining pure and simple, except YOU swing the pick for them yourself.

Question 14: People who commit violent crimes like murder, rape, or child molestation don’t deserve prison time. They need the rope in the middle of town.

Question 16: the US needs to be the only military superpower. We can be f’d up, but if China surpasses us, then watch what happens across the globe. We will all be speaking Mandarin or slaughtered.

Reactions: StarRaider
I got committed conservative. Not sure I agree with it based on their description.

Outside Left, but many of my answers did not really reflect my feelings on the issues. I simply chose one that fit better over the other.

VN Store

Back