Quiz Time!

Ambivalent Right.

I don't feel conservatives should continue fighting the lost Culture War. We should be focusing on reducing size of government and being more fiscally responsible and turning everything else over to the states. If California wants free health care, universal income, etc that's fine but don't try and force those same beliefs on Tennessee for example.

Ambivalent Right. Sounds about right for me.

Fiscally conservative, socially moderate, dont have allegiance towards either party

Sounds more libertarian

Reactions: headhunter15
Pew Research released a political typology quiz the other day that has been making the rounds on Reddit. I know it is not perfect, but it placed me accurately and I thought the breakdown of the various groups within the Democratic party were pretty spot on. Anyways, the quiz:

Political Typology Quiz

I placed in Establishment Liberals, along with 13% of the public: while deeply liberal – roughly half describe themselves as either liberal (41%) or very liberal (12%) – Establishment Liberals are the typology group most likely to see value in political compromise and tend to be more inclined toward more measured approaches to societal change than their Progressive Left counterparts.

The Establishment always wins, baby. 😎

What's it call someone who believes roads and bridges are racist? Moron?

I really didn't like some of the options given to the questions because they did not fully capture my beliefs. But anyways....

1636838363054.png

Ambivalent Right.

I don't feel conservatives should continue fighting the lost Culture War. We should be focusing on reducing size of government and being more fiscally responsible and turning everything else over to the states. If California wants free health care, universal income, etc that's fine but don't try and force those same beliefs on Tennessee for example.

Yes! This guy gets it!

I wonder if you were like on the edge of populist right v. ambivalent right. That could explain the disconnect with where you think you fall on the scale.

I don't fit their "populist Right" category either. I haven't voted for a Republican in a general election since '06 nor in a primary since '12. I'm not in favor of wide-open borders, but I hardly have "intensely negative views of immigration" (several of my dearest friends are immigrants); in any case, the issue has never motivated me to support or reject anyone's candidacy for office. I passed up all four opportunities I had to cast a vote for Trump. I certainly don't fit the profile with regard to formal education.

I'm afraid I can't find a home in any of this test's categories, but that's okay -- I'm not unaware of my eccentricity 😁

I don't fit their "populist Right" category either. I haven't voted for a Republican in a general election since '06 nor in a primary since '12. I'm not in favor of wide-open borders, but I hardly have "intensely negative views of immigration" (several of my dearest friends are immigrants); in any case, the issue has never motivated me to support or reject anyone's candidacy for office. I passed up all four opportunities I had to cast a vote for Trump. I certainly don't fit the profile with regard to formal education.

I'm afraid I can't find a home in any of this test's categories, but that's okay -- I'm not unaware of my eccentricity 😁
Are your dearest friends immigrants or illegal immigrants? There is a big difference, and liberals want to just ignore that fact.

Last edited:
Reactions: FLVOL69 and hog88
Are your dearest friends immigrants or illegal immigrants? There is a big difference, and liberals want to just ignore that fact.

You make a fair point. But even if we understand "immigration" here to mean or include "illegal immigration," my point still stands -- no one who knows me, including the most "liberal," would say, "Hey, that guy has intensely negative views of immigration."

You make a fair point. But even if we understand "immigration" here to mean or include "illegal immigration," my point still stands -- no one who knows me, including the most "liberal," would say, "Hey, that guy has intensely negative views of immigration."
Congrats at wordsalading a simple answer.

I don’t know anyone opposed to legal immigration but I do know several legal immigrants that are just as or more opposed to illegal immigrants as natives.

Reactions: StarRaider
Congrats at wordsalading a simple answer.

I don’t know anyone opposed to legal immigration but I do know several legal immigrants that are just as or more opposed to illegal immigrants as natives.

That's all well and good (and it conforms to my experience too), but the question at hand was whether my views fall at the intersection of what this test terms "populist right" and "ambivalent right" (as zeppelin128 suggested might be the case). Even if Vol423 is correct about what is meant by "immigration" in the description of the "populist right" (and I suspect he is), it wouldn't fundamentally change my assertion that that particular descriptor doesn't correspond to my own views (though it would, as I acknowledged obliquely, render my parenthesis that "many of my dearest friends are [legal] immigrants" irrelevant). While I don't support illegal immigration, the question doesn't drive my vote as it does the vote of those who are categorized by this test as "populist right."

That's all well and good (and it conforms to my experience too), but the question at hand was whether my views fall at the intersection of what this test terms "populist right" and "ambivalent right" (as zeppelin128 suggested might be the case). Even if Vol423 is correct about what is meant by "immigration" in the description of the "populist right" (and I suspect he is), it wouldn't fundamentally change my assertion that that particular descriptor doesn't correspond to my own views (though it would, as I acknowledged obliquely, render my parenthesis that "many of my dearest friends are [legal] immigrants" irrelevant). While I don't support illegal immigration, the question doesn't drive my vote as it does the vote of those who are categorized by this test as "populist right."

Another word salad.

It was a really simple question that required, at most, probably about an 8 word response. It could have been as brief as 2 words - "Legal Immigrants". Given the fact that we received 2 separate responses totaling 172 words without answering the question, I'm going to assume that means your "dearest friends" are illegal immigrants. See how easy that was?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back