Raleigh comments on the team

I love this line that keeps on being used:

in the final series were one hit from beating the Crimson Tide and could have won game three.

If, if, if....

I swear, and it's getting old.

Because the reality is, WE DIDN'T get that one hit, and we didn't win game 3. If, woulda, coulda , shoulda....you can do that all day. The point some of us are trying to make is that Raliegh's entire tenure has been "if, would, coulda, shoulda", and that is not acceptable.

You said TR is ineffective I gave a example that show's it's inaccurate with demolishing the Dawgs.

Hello they beat one of the worst team's in the SEC, and College baseball. If you want to say Raleigh is so ineffective than why did the Vols demolish the worst team in the SEC the Dawgs their only SEC Win against the UK Wildcats, come back from a poor start, have one of the best 2nd half records, a winning season for the first time since 2005 correct if I am wrong, and in the final series were one hit from beating the Crimson Tide and could have won game three.

You could say Dan Hawkins was ineffective as the Colorado Buffaloes head coach because they didn't even have a single winning season.
The problem was not beating bad teams, it was beating the not bad team's Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Arkansas, Auburn, and Alabama. They also won the series against Vandy, Kentucky even those team's finished ahead of the Vols.

Umm...yeah you could...because he was.

I swear, and it's getting old.

Because the reality is, WE DIDN'T get that one hit, and we didn't win game 3. If, woulda, coulda , shoulda....you can do that all day. The point some of us are trying to make is that Raliegh's entire tenure has been "if, would, coulda, shoulda", and that is not acceptable.

Well there won't be if, would, could in the 2011 season when they make it into the SEC Tournament.

I don't even really follow the baseball team that closely, but it is apparent by the lack of success since TR took over, that he is clearly not the guy. Shouldve made a coaching change in the offseason, but will most likely happen after another disappointing season this year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Yet you are basing all your optimism on "if, would, could".

NFL teams come back from poor first halfs, have close but no cigar to make it to the playoffs, the next season they make the playoffs.
I don't see why it can't happen in College Baseball.

Yet you are basing all your optimism on "if, would, could".

You remember 3 years ago?: The Vols had a really strong 6th and 8th inning in the 4rd game against LSU.

2 seasons ago, we gave Georgia What for in the first 4 innings of game one.

Last season, we snuck up and almost beat Bama in game 2

How could you not be optimistic in 2011 with that sort of track record.

We have so much more talent this year as we have lost our 2 best batters and much of our starting pitching.

I'm sizing the East 4th place ring already!

I notice in Raleigh's comments about the team that he forgets to mention his complete incompetence as an SEC coach. Doesn't he make around $300,000/year?

VN Store

Back