Ramel Keyton says "Goodbye"

Here's his catch from Monday...

GDGnFO5aAAE9ada

and the "Florida Catch"

I think he can catch.

then couldnt catch a cold wide open

Blows my mind at some of these guys declaring for the draft. It used to be unless they were projected to be a 1st or 2nd round they came back their senior season to try and improve their draft stock. Why leave now to become a 5th round pick?
He has no eligibility left, he has to go to the draft

Blows my mind at some of these guys declaring for the draft. It used to be unless they were projected to be a 1st or 2nd round they came back their senior season to try and improve their draft stock. Why leave now to become a 5th round pick?
I do not understand some of Tennessee players leaving for the draft. Some of them need to stay for another year.

No offense to Keyton, but this new trend of declaring for draft after having no eligibility is weird. Say goodbye, all that is great, and I love it. We already assume you're going to try to get drafted. It would be bigger news if a player came out and said, "So, now I'm going to try to become an insurance salesman"
I'm pretty sure you have to physically declare for the draft to be eligible. The league doesn't just assume you are in the draft and therefore eligible to be drafted just because you don't have any college eligibility left

Reactions: OrangeShades
He has made a few spectacular, game changing catches. Thank you Ramel and good luck.
Agreed. Last season was special. He seemed distracted this year, so I hope he regains focus and realizes his full potential in the pros.

1. He's out of eligibility.

2. He was never gonna be a 1st or 2nd rounder. Hell, he likely won't even get drafted this year.

3. Even if he only makes a practice squad, that's about $12k/week, or about $200k over the course of an NFL season.

After carefull and deep thought and considering all options, I have decided that any attempt my me to play in the NFL will have to be put off for now!

I'll look forward to seeing how His professional career unfolds. I appreciate the effort He always gave. Good Luck Young Man. VFL GB🍊

Don’t forget, Keyton made that first catch at the 50 yd line with :16 on the clock vs Alabama last year to keep the drive alive. It was huge. Then Bru makes his catch on the next play to get us in FG position. That game goes to OT if both those catches were not made. Keyton had two other catches in that game for big chunks of yardage as well.

1. He's out of eligibility.

2. He was never gonna be a 1st or 2nd rounder. Hell, he likely won't even get drafted this year.

3. Even if he only makes a practice squad, that's about $12k/week, or about $200k over the course of an NFL season.

Reactions: cgrish
No offense to Keyton, but this new trend of declaring for draft after having no eligibility is weird. Say goodbye, all that is great, and I love it. We already assume you're going to try to get drafted. It would be bigger news if a player came out and said, "So, now I'm going to try to become an insurance salesman"
Imo he was thanking everyone for the years he has played here more than anything. I thought it was good.

VN Store

Back