Real ID (What a bunch of crap!)

OrangeEmpire

The White Debonair
Homeland Security to press ahead with Real ID | Tech news blog - CNET News.com

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security on Friday plans to take the next step in getting its controversial Real ID plan off the ground, despite opposition from numerous states and privacy groups.
At a midday press conference in Washington, Homeland Security Secretary Michael Chertoff is scheduled to take the wraps off final regulations for the electronic identification card mandate and to make another pitch for the scheme's perceived importance in keeping Americans safe from terrorist threats.

Papers please??????

Thoughts?

Do we have to go to the DMV to get this? If so, I'm totally against it.

:lolabove:
I'm serious, the thought of having to do this in Virginia frightens me. Not only will we have to get the card, but we'll have to get a sticker for our car, our tags, our lawnmower and have the cards inspected every year while being overcharged.

i don't understand why everyone in the country isn't fingerprinted.

I'd be totally against that too (even if mine weren't already on file :p). Should we also give our DNA to assist the authorities?

I'm serious, the thought of having to do this in Virginia frightens me. Not only will we have to get the card, but we'll have to get a sticker for our car, our tags, our lawnmower and have the cards inspected every year while being overcharged.

You had better get used to the idea of seeing me a lot!

I know you were serious. That is why it is so funny. I agree with you.

I'd be totally against that too (even if mine weren't already on file :p). Should we also give our DNA to assist the authorities?
It's only a matter of time before we're required to give our DNA.

I see nothing with getting an ID card for everyone who resides in the US. Not sure why initial reaction by everyone is big brother.

Why do we let the Federal Government intrude on every thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why!!!!!???????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Your job as a cop you ought to understand. There are many out there I am sure without ID's that makes your job tough if nothing else.

Your job as a cop you ought to understand. There are many out there I am sure without ID's that makes your job tough if nothing else.

I am torn on a lot of things.

I have no problem with ownership of guns yet for the job I perform it is helpful to have some sort of file and or record of the guns someone owns.

ID's are about as common as people that drive with insurance.

:hi:

VN Store

Back