Reality?

I agree, although I don't see this game having a legitimate favorite.

I think that because the game is so late in the season, that there will be a clear cut spread by the time the eagles or tigers or whatever they are roll into Knoxville. Hopefully we will be on the upside of that spread.

Reality is sec preview not mentioning ut at all while saying how talented Arkansas is. Also that auburn will surprise people this year.

Have we entered some kind of alternate reality? We're way down, but the T is still on the helmet and Neyland Stadium still means something. Beating Auburn and Vandy at home is in no way, shape or form an upset.

Very true.

Better question would be, if AU and Vandy both beat UT are those considered upsets?

IMO, at this point not really.

Have we entered some kind of alternate reality? We're way down, but the T is still on the helmet and Neyland Stadium still means something. Beating Auburn and Vandy at home is in no way, shape or form an upset.

qft, preach it

Arkansas probably only winning 3 games

Lousiana Monroe
Samford
Southern Miss

Auburn has some serious issues right now at DL,WR,LB,Secondary,Depth.

they are kinda like us in some aspects

Gus is familiar with most of their guys so ppl think they will just magically be awesome again. not happening.

their player development has been just as bad as UTs so it does not matter how well they have recruited.

As for Arky, its gonna be a really long year.

Last edited:
Pfort on Volquest posted tonight that we are beginning a 4 year rebuilding job, and that we may get lucky and upset Auburn or Vandy this year.

Agree or disagree?

His analysis is borderline crap and has been for years. They are great for recruiting info but in terms of football prognostication they are terrible. However, that does not mean we are not in a rebuilding job and have been for quite some time. It doesn't take a paid member of the Volquest staff to figure that out. If we beat Vandy and AU it would have to be considered a successful year, so I am not sure where Paul is going with that one assuming we beat the other cream puffs on our schedule.

This is how I feel after reading all this crap. Sounds like a bunch of pansies afraid of Candy...Candy beat us last year because the coaches quit and the team quit, that's all...

I personally think when we score and beat the shat out of candy this year that we don't even acknowledge it. Score a touchdown, act like it was expected, yell in favor but don't storm the field for Christs sake...man up.

This year counts , it goes on the books. I think CBJ knows this so let's sit back and enjoy the show. He wants to be here as a coach ,and you and I can tell by his recruiting, I think we need to chill and let him do his thing.Rome wasn't built in a day..

The 2011 defense ranked #36 in scoring defense and #28 in total defense. Last year, they returned 9 starters, but were #104 scoring, and #107 total defense (NCAA stats). While some injuries hurt, I think the main reason was changing to a complex 3-4 defense with coaches who could not properly coach them. I think this years defense will be closer to the 2011 defense, but I am more concerned about the offense. If they can reasonably come together, I think 6-6 or 7-5 are definitely achievable, with an outside shot at 8-4 if they can surprise someone.

Reactions: 2 people
Texas A/M will NOT go unbeaten this season even with Manziel I predict they will lose at least 2 games if he isn't suspended the whole 2013 season...if the NCAA drops the hammer on him they might win maybe 4 this yr...will Bama go unbeaten this yr? I say UT will have a decent season and our first winning yr in 4 yrs..its TIME to get back to the top once again! CBJ knows what it takes, and he will get this team polished and looking good by Year 3. I predict we will be SEC East contenders again within 4 yrs...anyone think sooner then that? What about SEC title game? Is that in the realm of possibility in the next 4 yrs???

Pfort on Volquest posted tonight that we are beginning a 4 year rebuilding job, and that we may get lucky and upset Auburn or Vandy this year.

Agree or disagree?

Reality is for old folks that cannot handle alcohol .

J/K could not resist . To your question disagree about Vandy , The Barn is a ?

VN Store

Back