Rece Davis left Tennessee outta his top 25

I hear you. I just find it remarkable that anyone would give a rat's ass what a lifelong media hack like Davis would say or think. Or any of these network leeches, for that matter.

Please carry on.
I don't have a lot of interest in these threads usually. I've never personally noticed bias from Davis. Maybe he is? But unfortunately, perceptions matter and rankings create perceptions. I would give him the same advice I would give a voter in politics. If you know what you believe and why then vote. If you don't then educate yourself then vote. But don't vote ignorantly. I struggle to believe that anyone could be aware of the UT v Iowa game and rank Iowa above the Vols.

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I actually like Rece Davis a lot. I almost wonder if he flipped the score and thought Iowa beat UT 35-0. Baffling otherwise.

Reactions: taylorvol
Is this really worthy of a thread? Seriously?

In other important news, I just brushed my teeth and am sitting down to watch a movie.
YES ! Yes it is … we’re keeping a list … taking names … and kicking some BUTT !!!

Well aware it was Fowler.

Davis certainly meets the criteria for the label as well being born in AL and playing for them though lol
I often get those two confused. Actually met Reece Davis at The Graduate before the FL game a couple of years ago where GameDay was at UT. He couldn’t have been nicer or more polite. No way he should have voted Iowa over UT—horrible and misinformed vote

I hear you. I just find it remarkable that anyone would give a rat's ass what a lifelong media hack like Davis would say or think. Or any of these network leeches, for that matter.

Please carry on.
He's an AP voter, so it's a little more than what he SAID.

He's an AP voter, so it's a little more than what he SAID.

And that's the entire problem with polls, this vaunted "committee", or any other subjective manner of choosing winners and losers regarding rankings. Any hack media guy with a hard-on or grudge can alter a team's ranking, a butthurt coach can do the same, or biased, ignorant media types can even ruin a kid's Heisman chances by leaving him off the ballot.

Unless and until there is some sort of objective computer program that decides rankings where livelihoods and millions of dollars are on the line, the whole thing will continue to be a farce. They almost had it right with the BCS - with today's technology, no reason why a computer program couldn't be fine tuned and even more precise.

But then they would lose the ability to control the proceedings, so that's a moot point.

If you talk about him, he's still relevant. Ignore him and he'll go away. These kind of posts remind me of Alabama fans and Finebaum. They make the dude millions.

Reactions: sami
If you talk about him, he's still relevant. Ignore him and he'll go away. These kind of posts remind me of Alabama fans and Finebaum. They make the dude millions.

Excellent point. Except these kinds of roaches never seem to go away. They're making way too much money.

Reactions: Halph66
I often get those two confused. Actually met Reece Davis at The Graduate before the FL game a couple of years ago where GameDay was at UT. He couldn’t have been nicer or more polite. No way he should have voted Iowa over UT—horrible and misinformed vote
Very easy to do in confusing those two.

Glad to hear Davis was cordial in real life.

Don't know how anyone would actually watch that Iowa game and think they are better than the Vols. That's just blatant bias or misinformed as you said.

They lost 4 as well. 10-4 to our 9-4.
Correct. It is not possible to justify having Iowa ranked 18th .... and then not having Tennessee ranked at all. Rece Davis is obviously biased. Iowa is more than 7 spots ahead of Tennessee by any reasonable estimation? How? That doesn't make any sense.

Correct. It is not possible to justify having Iowa ranked 18th .... and then not having Tennessee ranked at all. Rece Davis is obviously biased. Iowa is more than 7 spots ahead of Tennessee by any reasonable estimation? How? That doesn't make any sense.
He’s a pretentious douchebag who clearly lets his personal biases, given his alma mater, get in the way of being professional and honest.

Very easy to do in confusing those two.

Glad to hear Davis was cordial in real life.

Don't know how anyone would actually watch that Iowa game and think they are better than the Vols. That's just blatant bias or misinformed as you said.
When's the last time a ranked team got shut out in back to back weeks? Serious question. Iowa shouldn't even be ranked. 10 wins or not, they suck

When's the last time a ranked team got shut out in back to back weeks? Serious question. Iowa shouldn't even be ranked. 10 wins or not, they suck
It boggles the mind that Davis and others could make that call.

I didn't expect much from Iowa but they were so much worse than I expected.

I guess the follow up I have is how the hell did they win 10 games.

Reactions: YankeeVol
It boggles the mind that Davis and others could make that call.

I didn't expect much from Iowa but they were so much worse than I expected.

I guess the follow up I have is how the hell did they win 10 games.
Man Iowa fans were the best lol. The ones by me do not like KF. They want fresh blood in the program.

I guess 8-9 wins and bowls games does eventually become not enough

VN Store

Back