Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no! Now we won't get to benefit from his amazingly insightful and in depth football commentary from the booth. The 2024 season is ruined!
I thought he did very well in his rookie effort…better than most of the YAK noise you get in a low-level SECN broadcast.

I thought he did very well in his rookie effort…better than most of the YAK noise you get in a low-level SECN broadcast.
He was not the worst, for sure. I am glad that he got a coaching gig so we can stop daydreaming about having him as our new DC.

Tennessee has a lot to sell Wells and maybe we lock him up on his visit this weekend, but a few things about Texas. Their top three WR’s (Worthy, Mitchell, and Whittington) are all going pro after this year. Mitchell was a transfer from UGA and has 10 TD’s this season so Wells can see that a newcomer can be immediately integrated into the offense. It is also likely that Quinn Ewers is returning for another year at QB (compared to an Uber talented but unproven Nico). Another minor factor is that a former teammate and friend of Wells from JMU transferred to Texas two years ago and will be selling him on the experience. Finally, Texas is in the CFP and has a lot of recruiting momentum right now.

Again, we have a lot to sell him, but this is going to be a struggle and a big win if we can get him on board.
we need to play up the atmosphere

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back