Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, that Bama team that beat a 4-8 Arkansas team by 3 and needed a miracle to beat an Auburn team who had lost by 3 TD’s to NMSU on their home field the week before. They were really hitting on all cylinders the second half of the season. Totally different team.
Dude, Auburn and Bama play close games most years, regardless of the talent on either side. It's the nature of rivalry games.

That being said, Texas is a good team. Probably better than Bama. But they almost assuredly lose 2-3 games if they played in the SEC this year and were missing Ewers for 2 games.

Dude, Auburn and Bama play close games most years, regardless of the talent on either side. It's the nature of rivalry games.

That being said, Texas is a good team. Probably better than Bama. But they almost assuredly lose 2-3 games if they played in the SEC this year and were missing Ewers for 2 games.
Murphy isn’t exactly chopped liver at QB. And KState isn’t a bad football team. But it might’ve just depended on who Texas played when Ewers got hurt. If it’s Georgia or Alabama, they lose. If it’s South Carolina and Kentucky, they win.

Reactions: Dudley Smith
Went to Gatlinburg last night for work. Decided to walk through town since I hadn't done that in a while. Walked from the space needle to the mountain mall/anakesta and back. Literally, the only time I heard English is when I walked into a store and they said hi or an OPC tried to get me to take a timeshare tour. It was a mix of mainly Spanish, hindu, and Russian. Thought I bumped into @Jackcrevol 's family.

It wasn't as busy as I thought. The streets were packed liked an asian fish market, but the traffic coming into and leaving wasn't bad. Its wasn't backed up on the spur at all. They were charging $20 to park, but found a church next to the convention center that let me park for $10.

The lights and everything looked nice. Between the candy and the sausages cooking I thought I was at the TVA Fair. I dont understand why anyone would want to be out there on a holiday like Christmas.

Murphy isn’t exactly chopped liver at QB. And KState isn’t a bad football team. But it might’ve just depended on who Texas played when Ewers got hurt. If it’s Georgia or Alabama, they lose. If it’s South Carolina and Kentucky, they win.
Murphy is certainly talented, but he played pretty bad vs K-State. BYU was awful this year but he was basically a game manager that day.

Texas probably is no better than a coin flip to beat half the SEC teams this year without Ewers. But the same can be said about UGA with Beck and Bama with Milroe.

Reactions: NighthawkVol
Everyone has a lighter. NO ONE else has had an oven rack, lol.
Method to the madness...

Bow&Arrow to hunt for wildlife...
Lighter to help start fire...
Knife to field dress Deer or other kills...and fish
OVEN RACK to cook the food over the fire...

Not my first Rodeo...🥳🥳🥳🥳

Went to Gatlinburg last night for work. Decided to walk through town since I hadn't done that in a while. Walked from the space needle to the mountain mall/anakesta and back. Literally, the only time I heard English is when I walked into a store and they said hi or an OPC tried to get me to take a timeshare tour. It was a mix of mainly Spanish, hindu, and Russian. Thought I bumped into @Jackcrevol 's family.

It wasn't as busy as I thought. The streets were packed liked an asian fish market, but the traffic coming into and leaving wasn't bad. Its wasn't backed up on the spur at all. They were charging $20 to park, but found a church next to the convention center that let me park for $10.

The lights and everything looked nice. Between the candy and the sausages cooking I thought I was at the TVA Fair. I dont understand why anyone would want to be out there on a holiday like Christmas.
it would be cool as dook to rv camp. do the aquarium in a holiday theme, dollywood trees, or the water park.

Other than that. There is literally nothing I desire to do. Had my fly rod and didnt even stop.

Dinner at Greenrbiar, overrated. $20 parking, going to have it reimbursed. Aint payin' $20 out of my own pocket, to park in dadgum Gatlinburg.

Texas is pretty good this year but do we think they go 12-1 if they were in the sec this year? Id say probably 9-3 maybe 10-2
I’m talking more for the sake of recruiting than anything else. But yeah I think they probably would have gone 10-2 to 11-2. Still really good and still enough to make recruiting more difficult. Texas joining the sec only benefits them in recruiting. Not like anyone has a better chance of getting kids from Texas over them now, but it definitely gives them a better chance of poaching players from surrounding states

it would be cool as dook to rv camp. do the aquarium in a holiday theme, dollywood trees, or the water park.

Other than that. There is literally nothing I desire to do. Had my fly rod and didnt even stop.

Dinner at Greenrbiar, overrated. $20 parking, going to have it reimbursed. Aint payin' $20 out of my own pocket, to park in dadgum Gatlinburg.
Parking is a rip off. I didnt look at the prices of stuff in the stores, it was probably insane. I did see a bag of caramel popcorn for like $20.

I was behind two guys smoking a blunt walking up airport road, not even trying to hide it. No doubt we would've been in jail in about 30sec back in the 90s. I kept thinking a bicycle cop was gonna pop-up out of nowhere and ruin their day.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back