Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on vacation this week. I checked email last night. One of my coworkers emailed the following. “Happy new Year sir and congratulations on your two teams winning yesterday. Tennessee, and whoever was playing Alabama.”

He just bought additional favor with me.
that's good....my home office is in Alabama and i have to go down there regularly, and one of the guys in there, he hates Alabama. not sure even who he likes, but in his cubical he has some decoration of every team that beats alabama in a given year.

he sent me a text Monday night of the Michigan garden gnome he ordered for his collection.........lol

Youre way overrrating JJJ, and DK isnt that guy. Hes good, but he gets it ripped in traffic way too easily to be that guy. Bigs arent consistent enough, and the bench with all our depth has been a disappointment.

Dont do this to yourself, this team is better, buts its not it.

Now ya’ll see why he’s banned from Basketball forum posting 😂🤣😂

JJJ is playing the best he has, that’s not overrating anything. What does “DK isn’t that guy” even mean? Being the leading scorer on a top 5 team Who shoots 45% from the field 36% from deep and over 81% from the line would in fact suggest he -is- that guy…but don’t let facts get in the way of your narrative I guess.

My biggest concern, which you do make a valid point about is the inconsistency from the bigs, specifically Aidoo.

Don’t expect him to score 29 with 11 rebounds a night, but also he can’t vanish and be a 4 point and 4 rebounds a night guy either. Awaka plays with the effort Barnes expects from his guys and if he can continue to do it without fouling Aidoo is going to lose a lot of minutes. Even JP saw more minutes than Aidoo last night.

I’m still in disbelief that an AL team in the playoffs had so many snap problems. Was this normal for them this year? Out of all those stacked recruiting classes that’s the best center they had? Did someone pay him a lot of money to lose that game???

#9 on punt coverage was Keyton. I checked when I rewatched, and the box score credits him with a tackle. He did a good job, and it would seem to be a bonus to have a WR out wide on punt formation.
Well, he did have that running into the punt returner penalty. Kinda like he didn't know what to do there. Fortunately, Iowa's offense couldn't move the ball anyway.

Reactions: Orange.
Also…before mr.cheekboards replies with another troll take.

Dalton Knecht is 10th in the SEC in points scored, he’s got more rebounds than 6 of the players ahead of him and more blocks than 7 of the players ahead of him, and only 3 of them have less turnovers than DK.

Had he not had the ankle injury against UNC I fully believe he would have even better numbers than that. The missing practice to rehab and recover impacted him a lot. Last night though he looked to be moving as well as he was pre injury. These smaller schools were willing to sellout to stop him and last night his 4 assists vs 1 turnover showed he’s figuring out how to dish to teammates so they can take advantage of the double & triple teams he is facing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back