Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point, it is no longer an enigma. It is quite clear the Michigan gave our signs and Clemson's signs to Beamer.

Indisputable Facts:

1) Michigan's signal stealer was at UK @ UT game taping.

2) The fighting Beamers scored a grand total of 6 points the week before against a terrible UF team. The score was 38-6.

3) Michigan taped Clemson's signals.

4) Beamer was caught and punished for taking WF's signals/playbook/gameplan while coaching at VT.

5) The fighting Beamers utilized new special arm bands for the UT/Clemson game. They have not used the before or since. ESPN also hilariously ran a story during both games about it.

6) The fighting Beamers played out of their ****ing minds against UT and Clemson back to back before going back to their normal selves during their bowl game and this past season.

You can draw your own conclusions from those facts. In the poker world, we rarely are able to catch cheaters red-handed; thus, we use statistics to show outrageous statistical improbabilities to make our cases against them. Unless another conspirator comes forward, the same applies to this situation.

For me, I'll go to my grave knowing that game was illegitimate.
2uavnq.gif

Dropped passes will always happen. However, the amount Milton threw and was responsible for was ridiculous. Also, Nico was graded as one of the best QBs in all of the bowl games.

You could tell there was a difference in his ball than anything Milton threw. I mean look at the sideline throw to Ramel… Milton would have never of made that throw ever.
Is it really fair to compare anyone to Nico?

Reactions: hooter vol
I wish the coaches recognized it early in the game and just let Hooker call all the plays himself. I bet he could've done it and won.

We probably could have. We would have sacrificed tempo in order to huddle.

Not sure we could have done anything like that on defense. About the best you can do is have a designated player position run onto/off the feild with the call and try to communicate it before each snap. Really hard and would make it virtually impossible to play against any tempo or without offensive substitutions.

For the last time I don't hate Banks. He's just not very good, IMO. I'm sorry so many are disturbed by that. I see this window of opportunity and I can see it slipping through our fingers. I realize that any criticism of coaches is met by mob rioting 😂 . I'm ok with that. Some will be right and some will be wrong. I'm very comfortable with my stance.
I think that very few here are as enamored with Banks as you suggest, I think that most simply aren't as absolute in the belief that he can't field a successful (enough) defense to get us a championship. You said he'll never sniff a championship...but...we were one game from a playoff appearance.

In that one loss:
1. No Jeremy Banks...defensive leader on the field...lost due to "issues".
2. The defense played inexplicably bad. Night and day worse from previous games.
3. The offense played ok, but not as well as they had.
4. SCARs offense played inexplicably well. Night and day great from previous games.
5. HH went down.
6. Possible sign stealing scandal.

Any one of those points could have flipped the game. Not a single one could be directly attributed to DC Banks.

So I disagree. There is decent evidence to support the belief that he could lead a defense of a championship team.

Is he the best in my mind? Probably not, but I couldn't name anyone currently available that should/would replace him, so that's academic.

I'm a smart guy, I well understand why boats float, but I know my limitations as an engineer and will gladly defer to someone like you if I need to build a boat. Likewise,
Heupel knows better than you or I what it takes to win. He's paid handsomely to do so and he doesn't appear in a rush to replace him. So I'll defer to him.

And threw for 151 yards while completing 63% of his passes. The passing game issues didn’t go away bc of Nico.

He helped the offense with his instincts to run and ability to do so. But the passing game wasn’t great.

But I do agree the offense will be better.

The receivers had trouble getting open, I am hoping with Brazzell coming in and Staes that some of these issues go away.

It’s time for the receiving corps to step up. No more games of not getting separation. But, Nico is able to throw guys open and that may help the receivers even more.

And threw for 151 yards while completing 63% of his passes. The passing game issues didn’t go away bc of Nico.

He helped the offense with his instincts to run and ability to do so. But the passing game wasn’t great.

But I do agree the offense will be better.
The results would have looked better if Keyton had continued running and caught the TD….68%, 206 yds, 2 TDs plus 3 rushing TDs.

The results would have looked better if Keyton had continued running and caught the TD….68%, 206 yds, 2 TDs plus 3 rushing TDs.

And Milton’s would’ve looked better if Keyton didn’t misjudge other long balls this season. That wasn’t the first one he had trouble with this year.

Wish it wasn’t his last year of eligibility bc I believe he’s better than what he put on the field this year.

But nobody will ever forget his catch vs FL last season. That’ll be my memory of Keyton!

And Milton’s would’ve looked better if Keyton didn’t misjudge other long balls this season. That wasn’t the first one he had trouble with this year.

Wish it wasn’t his last year of eligibility bc I believe he’s better than what he put on the field this year.

But nobody will ever forget his catch vs FL last season. That’ll be my memory of Keyton!
I mean I’m not making excuses for any of our receivers, but have you ever tried to catch a ball thrown as high and far as some of Milton’s? I mean some of those Milton throws would be like catching a punt on the run.

Also look at my profile pic

I mean I’m not making excuses for any of our receivers, but have you ever tried to catch a ball thrown as high and far as some of Milton’s? I mean some of those Milton throws would be like catching a punt on the run.

Also look at my profile pic
And the PLACEMENT? I’m sure I just overlooked it, but I didn’t see a bad pass thrown by Nico in his first start. Nothing that a receiver had to twist their body into a pretzel to make a good play on. Nothing over their heads or at their toes. Wait til he knows what he’s doing!

And the PLACEMENT? I’m sure I just overlooked it, but I didn’t see a bad pass thrown by Nico in his first start. Nothing that a receiver had to twist their body into a pretzel to make a good play on. Nothing over their heads or at their toes. Wait til he knows what he’s doing!
I’m definitely excited about Nico. Kid scans the field every play. Reminds me of Hooker with a better arm.

If our receivers can figure out how to get open and our OL can give Nico time to throw it may get ugly for some teams next year.

So we got Brazzell because we had to get his brother too? 3* DB outa TX....

We need stud portal DBs.
I’m not against it. Kid is 6’2 and lengthy. Comes from one of the best High School teams in Texas, we didn’t use a scholarship on him…. Because he was probably part of the NIL deal for his older brother, and gets us depth where we just had a mass exodus.

If he is as athletic as his brother could easily work himself into a 2 spot in a year.

The receivers had trouble getting open, I am hoping with Brazzell coming in and Staes that some of these issues go away.

It’s time for the receiving corps to step up. No more games of not getting separation. But, Nico is able to throw guys open and that may help the receivers even more.
You mean receivers don’t prefer to have passes thrown high, late and behind them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back