Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Id still take Hunter over Harper, even though they were both similar styles..long striders, not great cutters that I remember, Just seemed like AH was a little stiffer. And I used to look for him everytime the boys were on.
Oh yeah the Dallas Cowboys selected him, Irvin and Harper best WR duo in NFL for 3 years...

Having a HoFer as a 1 is the best thing ever for a number 2.
True I remember when Alvin let for FA and signed with Tampa Bay.

Probably a big mistake but got #1 WR money at that time but didn't have an adequate Robin for him to be Batman ...plus injuries riddled him some in Tampa..

Dropped passes will always happen. However, the amount Milton threw and was responsible for was ridiculous. Also, Nico was graded as one of the best QBs in all of the bowl games.

You could tell there was a difference in his ball than anything Milton threw. I mean look at the sideline throw to Ramel… Milton would of never of made that throw ever.
Milton made some good throws and some plays. To call him trash is unfair and wrong .

Its amazing how great everyone seems to think he is, yet no one is trying to poach him. And he is actively pursuing smaller head coaching jobs too and they aren’t taking him. I’d be willing to see what he does without Willie as he is awful, but it’s fascinating how everyone thinks he is a top flight DC.
How do you know who is trying to poach him? How do you know what schools want him? How do you know he has had several jobs he could have taken but just hasn’t? I don’t think he is a good DC but it seems like you are using some conjecture here.

True I remember when Alvin let for FA and signed with Tampa Bay.

Probably a big mistake but got #1 WR money at that time but didn't have an adequate Robin for him to be Batman ...plus injuries riddled him some in Tampa..
imo, we currently need someone to take the top off and then all the existing roster become
”better” players. Thought Thornton would be that guy, and maybe still can.

Reactions: knoxvol52
Dropped passes will always happen. However, the amount Milton threw and was responsible for was ridiculous. Also, Nico was graded as one of the best QBs in all of the bowl games.

You could tell there was a difference in his ball than anything Milton threw. I mean look at the sideline throw to Ramel… Milton would have never of made that throw ever.
A dropped pass is on the WR about 99% of the time. There is a reason why guys like Swain, Crompton and even NFL WRs have said if the ball hits you in the hands, you catch it. Pretty sad that you cannot admit that the WR play this year was far worse than last year.

You saying Milton would never make that Keyton throw is ridiculous. Conjecture. If you want to say that we could say this. Remember that TD Milton threw to Bru in the Orange Bowl? Nico couldn’t make that throw.

How do you know who is trying to poach him? How do you know what schools want him? How do you know he has had several jobs he could have taken but just hasn’t? I don’t think he is a good DC but it seems like you are using some conjecture here.
mtsub tried to hire banks.

why would he go some where else for less money, more responsibility, just to work harder? you guys realize our defense finished ranked ahead of missouri

I think it was good enough to win 10 games.

Offense wasn't.

Yep. And his stats proved it. Tee was on a team that was more loaded then JGs and Milton’s combined.
No...the stats dont.... JG would've had the mental fortitude to lead us to a national title? Are you serious?

The dude had zero processing ability. That's why he got immediately benched to 3rd string at Washington state.

tenor.gif
Howth ya eerth?

There are tons of Vol great WRs I would give my right nut to see play in this offense...can you just imagine Carl Pickens...Willie Gault...Tim Mcgee...on and on and on...OMG it would be sooo awesome..I hope more big time WRs start jumping in. Can't wait to see Matthews and Brazzell...😳
Why give your right nut when you can give @drvenner 's right nut?

The beauty of this offense is we don’t need an elite qb…. Go look at the list of Baylor qbs that ran this offense. Tee processed way quicker than joe…. Joe also didn’t trust himself which made him timid… It is why he wouldn’t make the right decision when to run the ball…. duck out of bounds on the last play of the game…. make very poor decisions that didn’t get us first downs….He never could have made that 4th down pass to help us win the Syracuse game…
Ok...I said what I said...I disagree, Tee would have done ok...maybe a little better than Joe, but imo he is not the kind of QB that really makes this offense go.

You say it doesn't take an elite QB...it absolutely takes an elite QB to run this thing at PEAK efficiency...a mediocre QB running this offense is like putting watered down gas in a Ferrari...surely to goodness you ain't gonna argue with that.

I do not and have never had the love affair some of you folks have with Tee...and that is ok. He was a good QB, and that was barely good enough in 98, but it sure as hell wasn't good enough in 99...we needed a great QB that year and he wasn't that.

I appreciate what he did...he did well enough to win us a title, and I will always appreciate that.....I just ain't gonna say he was all that and a bag of chips.

Reactions: Outofmyvolcanmind
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back