Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually believe this is InVols massive problem with Banks...all of us that lived through 3rd and Chavis HATED HATED HATED the dreaded "Mustang Package"...sometimes what Banks does looks a lot like that.

Ahh memories.

Banks put up a nationally top-third 3rd down defense this year

Was also top-quarter nationally last year.

Compare this to what he inherited - 114th nationally...or...the "top" 87% 😅🤣

I mean it hasn't been elite yet, but it hasn't been bad. Not even average. That would be ranked about 65th.

But according to some if you're not top 10, then you're "bad" or "garbage". I question if they understand what these terms mean in context...or just willfully ignore context

Last edited:
Is Nico more agile, quicker, slippier, with quicker change of direction?

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

Would Joe win a foot race that was long enough for him to get up to speed in a straight line?

I'd suspect so

2 different categories. But football-relevant, I've always loved the quick-footed, elusive, and still fast guys all day over the more lumbering folks. That's not just about Nico-Joe, I just think one fits the position better. Straight line top speed may be better for outside receivers(?)
Milton’s straight line speed is faster than Hooker’s from what I’ve heard, its just that Milton isn’t nearly as agile

Reactions: PKT_VOL and Devo182
Dang that's impressive.

As is finishing 3rd in the SEC in scoring defense.
And that is a quantifiable fact...InVol keeps saying g he knows what he sees...and I understand that...but sometimes our eyes lie to us...they don't show, or aren't able to see the whole picture.

I was wrong about HB...I thought he looked like he had IT, but he turned out to be useles...

I was wrong about Kamal Hadden, I thought there was no way he could EVER improve by that point in his career, but he was playing ELITE coverage this year...that actually blew my mind.

There are tons and tons of examples of perceptions of players and coaches changing over time.

Coached my sons 5-6yo T-ball team, Medina would have to forfeit games because kids went on vacation and they didn’t have enough players. This was 1991-92
Fast foreword to 2011 my 5yo grandson is playing T-ball for team in Medina and there are 12 5yo team same number 6yo teams and they don’t travel at all just play amongst themselves.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Would you still say that if Keyton catches that perfect deep ball, and that perfect pass across the middle..and if Sampson catches that perfect shovel pass with blockers set up perfectly and few defenders in front of him?

No I would not. But if the WRs didn’t struggle with drops this season and we connected on a couple deep balls then the narrative around Joe would’ve also been a little different.

Nico is gonna be light years better than Milton. You can see it in his feel for the game. But the passing game looked exactly the same in the bowl game as it has all season. Just swapping out Nico for Joe wasn’t gonna fix things on that front *this* year, imo. That’s all I’m saying.

But next year is a new year. I’m frickin pumped about the possibilities!

Last edited:
He is essentially a grad transfer who didn’t think he would get drafted, but the point is he was here 4 years so he is fine in my book kinda like Ty chandler. Let him get his money and move on with life no need to call him names for wanting money
He was already getting money...and I f'n hate EVERYTHING Alabama...leaving Tennessee to go to our most hated enemy is one thing I will never be ok with...screw that douche.

I hope he rots.

Keyton had a horrible drop of a perfect pass on a crossing pattern that was just as bad as Sampsons whiff.

I will never totally understand Ramels issues this year...the only thing I can come up with is that it got in his head early with that bad drop against Virginia and he got a case of the yips.

He was much more reliable last year.

Is crazy! Makes that great catch, from Nico, on the running sideline throw and whiffs on gimmes. May be onto something with the yips....

Interesting updates from AP: Baron is visiting another school (not UK), hopefully he drives Ole Miss crazy and/or gets them to pay more. Also, Bama was his original landing spot but he upped his number after he got in the portal and they turned him away.
I'm hearing he's visiting us this weekend. Would be big time to get a top portal addition like him

And that is a quantifiable fact...InVol keeps saying g he knows what he sees...and I understand that...but sometimes our eyes lie to us...they don't show, or aren't able to see the whole picture.

I was wrong about HB...I thought he looked like he had IT, but he turned out to be useles...

I was wrong about Kamal Hadden, I thought there was no way he could EVER improve by that point in his career, but he was playing ELITE coverage this year...that actually blew my mind.

There are tons and tons of examples of perceptions of players and coaches changing over time.
And even talking just what eyes can see...we're just normal folks, who, tbh, don't know but 10% what coaches do.

That may sound low, but to me football is like poker. Everyone understands the rules, most get basic strategy....but the expertise of either would blow the mind of a couch coach or poker player. The levels of depth to their understanding is hard to even put in words to the average Joe. Like talking calculus to someone who failed arithmetic 😅

The attitudes around here have proven to me beyond a shadow of a doubt...we are the biggest bunch of dumbasses in the world of sports..

At this point 3 years ago we would have cried tears of joy and screamed out "HELL YEAH!" in rapturous exultation if anybody could have shown us the results of Heups first three teams...

And yet the Idiot Margin is louder than ever...bitching, pissing and moaning over every little deficiency and hiccup, but it's not just the worst, it's also respected semi-normally rational posters....what in the hell is f'n wrong with us?

It's maddening...and sickening.

We are the best fanbase in sports..

We are the worst fanbase in sports..

Total drooling idiot imbeciles..🤪
Not all of us are members of the biggest bunch of dumbasses crew!

No I would not. But if the WRs didn’t struggle with drops this season and we connected on a couple deep balls then the narrative around Joe would’ve also been a little different.

Nico is gonna be light years better than Milton. You can see it in his feel for the game. But the passing game looked exactly the same in the bowl game as it has all season. Just swapping out Nico for Joe wasn’t gonna fix things on that front *this* year, imo. That’s all I’m saying.

But year is a new year. I’m frickin pumped about the possibilities!
Well Ramel is gone..so we hopefully the pass catching will be more reliable on the right side.

Is Nico more agile, quicker, slippier, with quicker change of direction?

Yes, yes, yes, yes.

Would Joe win a foot race that was long enough for him to get up to speed in a straight line?

I'd suspect so

2 different categories. But football-relevant, I've always loved the quick-footed, elusive, and still fast guys all day over the more lumbering folks. That's not just about Nico-Joe, I just think one fits the position better. Straight line top speed may be better for outside receivers(?)
Randall Cunningham esq...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back