Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t keep up in real time with every play. But I can tell you that when the opponent plays a 5 man box or maybe 6, we are running the ball. UVA played 2 high safeties a lot and so did AP when they weren’t blitzing.
I’m all for running on a light box. Make them pay.

But we faced two high safety last year too.
And we ran on it last year too.

But we didn’t see the volume of throws to the sideline we’re seeing this year. Something is off.

But we didn’t see the volume of throws to the sideline we’re seeing this year. Something is off.
We aren't getting the looks we want...... That's my guess.

I still support CJH for now but if I were him I’m already making a short list for Secondary Coach.
I dont think he needs to be fired, but no more very pre mature extensions. I think Heupe will get and should get 5 years min, but the media needs to make him uncomfortable when this season goes down the tubes.

Pitt, Bama, and UGA usually play more man. So, you saw more vertical throws.

Plus, I believe teams want to force Milton into sustaining a longer drive. He also won’t run as much as Hooker.

I dont think he needs to be fired, but no more very pre mature extensions. I think Heupe will get and should get 5 years min, but the media needs to make him uncomfortable when this season goes down the tubes.
I’m not calling for CJH to be fired. Martinez needs to be gone like yesterday though. Jmo

You guys sound like such losers. This board has been whining about flags for over a week now. Even against Austin effing Peay. Grow up and expect our guys to control what they can control.
Eh, we played awful on both sides of the ball. And the refs sucked in both games. Both happened; they’re not mutually exclusive.

I don’t like when the team gets cover for their bad play because of poor officiating, and I don’t like when poor officiating is excused because we sucked.

They didn’t invent Cover 2 this year to run against Joe Milton.

We saw it last year too.
What I'm saying is Hooker is a very different talent..... What we wanted/felt comfortable with in Milton is different than what we felt comfortable with in Hooker. Especially with the talent/skillset surrounding him.

Pitt, Bama, and UGA usually play more man. So, you saw more vertical throws.

Plus, I believe teams want to force Milton into sustaining a longer drive. He also won’t run as much as Hooker.
Georgia does. I don’t know what Pitt runs.

Saban runs Cover 7, and it usually has 2 high safeties. There are man components of it.

What I'm saying is Hooker is a very different talent..... What we wanted/felt comfortable with in Milton is different than what we felt comfortable with in Hooker. Especially with the talent/skillet surrounding him.
Yea, Hendon was obviously better.

Hence the disparate results.

Reactions: berryvol
The drop off on oline is concerning.

The reluctance to air it out and run off the tackles is concerning.

The pre snap penalties are concerning.

The missed tackles, and in some cases lacking attempts at tackles, is concerning.
It’s a big concern. Our interior line is miserable right now.

Even Spraggins…he’s had several bad games in a row now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back