Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like I said, it’s complex, but I’ll throw out some options
- Existing conferences govern and organize post season events (honestly, that’s pretty close to the status quo)
- Shift to a professional sports model with an appointed commissioner
- Empower a new governing body to make rules that comport with the modern realities of college sports - needs to be sanctioned by but exist largely separated from member schools.
I think if the NCAA was dissolved it would be chaos. Conferences might self govern and that would be a disaster. We need a governing body of some sort.

I think if the NCAA was dissolved it would be chaos. Conferences might self govern and that would be a disaster. We need a governing body of some sort.
Anyone who believes these conferences would get along are blind.

No way they band together and if they did ,there better be a commissioner who has no skin in the game .

Besides organize the basketball and baseball tournaments, what do they do that would be missed if they disappeared off the face of the Earth tomorrow? They can barely enforce the rules they have, they can only investigate a few schools at a time and it takes years to resolve issues, and they are under court order not to block transfers.

I don’t know enough about the governance of the non-revenue sports to comment, but they basically do nothing at the moment with regards to the money sports.

Reactions: Volunteer821
You remember whenever people throughout the years have talked, have ranted, have raved about the powers that be not liking us...downright hating us? Whenever they would talk about a conspiracy against us, both on and off the field of play? Whenever they would bring evidence upon evidence of such? For years now.

Also, do you remember those that laughed and scoffed at the people saying such things? Those that condescended with their "lol's", with their emoji's, with their charts, stats, and data? Those that liked to say, "We love being victims"; or, "Every fanbase says that". Remember them? Those that would outright ignore blatant lies spoken about UT, it's teams, it's players, it's coaches, it's fans...remember them? Those that thought they were so smart and clever, trying to convince others that the people speaking up were delusional with "homerism"...that the things they were talking about, they just made them up out of the blue. Remember them? Those that chose to ignore probe after probe up our asses, while others were allowed to operate without even so much as a sniff in their direction. Remeber them?

Remember all this?
20220908_211503.gif

Not able to watch but watching live score. Are we struggling against a big inside presence again? The rebound slant make me believe that's the issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back