Honorable mention

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Dirk Nowitzki
Giannis Antetokounmpo
Karl Malone
John Stockton
Reggie Miller
Isiah Thomas

*I didn't see Bill Russell, Julius Erving, Wilt Chamberlain, Oscar Robinson, Jerry West, or a lot of others pre 1985. (I was 10 when I started keeping up with the NBA and the Boston Celtics became my favorite team.)

**I probably should have put Kareem in my top 12 but I hate the Lakers and I was already mad at myself for who I put on the bench. LA has had some great players though.

******* just catching after I posted this. 😳😳

GO BASE-VOLS
Could you imagine those older guys being able to take 4 steps at a time and not having to worry about hand checking and taking a forearm shot in the back every time they backed someone or posted up? I don't know who I'd take off your list but I'd have to find a spot for Dominique somewhere. I was a Celtic fan like you but always loved 'Nique. Your list is about what mine would look like.

I see that sources continue to indicate that Saban’s meddling is causing real problems with Alabama’s new staff. Apparently the long-time announcer was fired after he was caught in the middle in an argument between Saban and Deboer during a staff meeting and took Saban’s side. Things are getting really heated in Tuscaloosa!
Not sure I'm buying this rumor-- why the F would Saban be at a staff meeting? He's not the coach... And the bigger point is Saban and Deboer are already arguing??? If this is true and Deboer is either forced to let him in or is just letting him in, then that place is gonna burn down quickly. No wonder Inge left...

Not sure I'm buying this rumor-- why the F would Saban be at a staff meeting? He's not the coach... And the bigger point is Saban and Deboer are already arguing??? If this is true and Deboer is either forced to let him in or is just letting him in, then that place is gonna burn down quickly. No wonder Inge left...
1708563566611.gif

I wouldn't have believed it, or rather I should say I would be skeptical..... But this latest Gold situation, and the way it's going down along with other coaches leaving with weeks.

There's something unhealthy going on in that program right now.

Our Achilles heel is that we have too many droughts and lazy play. Won’t even get to the sweet 16 if you play like that in the tournament
It is not "lazy" play...you don't get anywhere near a top 5 defense with "lazy" players...that is always a dumb criticism when leveled at Rick Barnes teams.

I do think they get "unfocused" on offense sometimes, but it doesn't have anything to do with effort..it is a mental thing in my opinion.

Being ice cold from 3 is our Achilles heel.

We haven’t lost a game while shooting at least 33% from deep. 5-6 in the 11 games we shot under 33% from deep.
And that has nothing to do with effort...if anything it might be tied to how much energy and focus we expend on defense.

I wouldn't have believed it, or rather I should say I would be skeptical..... But this latest Gold situation, and the way it's going down along with other coaches leaving with weeks.

There's something unhealthy going on in that program right now.
Yeah very hard to imagine this is going on behind the scenes... I just can't believe Saban would be at a staff meeting... If he is, then he's still the head coach and Deboer is just his little biotch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back