Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
other accounts said he went on an all-timer tangent to open it up. Can't wait to listen
I found the bit from last night, but I can't tell who asked the question. He asked not only if a loss today would be an unsuccessful season, but "another unsuccessful season." wtf. Still waiting on tonight post-game.

Question: "You guys being the number 1 team all season long [sic], it's the same narrative, does tomorrow's game weigh then a little bit more for you guys, meaning, if you guys lose it could be another unsuccessful season for you guys?" [wtf]

Tony: "No. There is no way that it is not a successful season. Basically, the way the numbers go, we don’t need to worry about anything other than tomorrow. The numbers go: you want to play at home, you would like to be playing first in a regional if you can, then if you are fortunate enough to get to a super regional, then it’s a race to two wins. That’s really all it is. If you are bored and you're on your phone for too long, or you get involved in social media chats, which will be up to you all, not our players, then you could paint all kinds of pictures tomorrow. But really what it is, is we are fortunate enough to host Evansville, one of the best teams in the country, and we are trying to win the series tomorrow."

But Tony doesn't seem ruffled, perhaps slightly exasperated but unsurprised that he has to talk with an idiot. But I'm sure it didn't sit well with him or the players.

The included video from last night at 8:10.

Last edited:
No. They just also play the Elite 8 games at baseball's Final 4 site. It's still the Elite 8 teams. Super regionals are baseball's Sweet 16. It's maths.

CFP was a Final Four.
It’s more than just maths.

It’s the final destination - Omaha.

They don’t play the Elite 8 at the Final Four site.

This is why losing to this team would have been the worst in school history…. Too many chicken little on this site.
View attachment 647391
You know damn well how sideways baseball can go..we had a 80%-90% chance of winning. I've seen way crazier 💩 happen in baseball and basketball.

It’s more than just maths.

It’s the final destination - Omaha.

They don’t play the Elite 8 at the Final Four site.
Well, then, if the NCAA simply moved the Elite 8 basketball games to the FF site, then all eight teams would all be "Final Four" teams.

Or do you want to say that baseball is easier because, according to you, 8 teams make the Final Four, which is ridiculous.

CWS is absolutely huge. No reason to exaggerate.

Last edited:
Well hopefully the other SEC teams beat the holy hell out of each other.

Last hope is NC State to beat UGA and make it to the Finals on that side of the bracket.

Reactions: Glitch
Kentucky has a really good team, good pitching too. Not diminishing this win for them at all...... But as a team if you consistently go down watching strikes without taking swings that's a mentality issue. It's one thing to get beat, it's another to beat yourself.

Reactions: TitanicVolz
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back