Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having been around baseball my whole life, i feel like I know this sport better than any other. I appreciate the strategizing that goes into the game. (And yes, I loved it when National league pitchers had to bat) Last night, we lost, but Tony played a masterful game of chess. Whether it works out for him remains to be seen, today.

Texas AM used their best pitcher. I don't think he'll be back. They had a long reliever that came in afterwards.. Tony put in Phillips and Loy, who pitched very well, but aren't who we usually go to for relief in the biggest games. Obviously,Tony went there because AM pitched their best and the score was not an easy one to catch. He hoped (and it worked) that our big hitters would get to their star closer. Some hits and many fouls (example Burke) made closer's pitch count go up more than TexasAM would have liked. Now, let's see how that strategy works today. Obviously Beam has to pitch well, but we have good people in the bull pen left and I don't think we've used anyone up.
☝️. A&M coach took a big gamble last night. Played 90 percent of his best pitching. After Cortez they have nothing for today. Unless they get balls and play Lampkin and Cortez for game 2. But that wouldn't be smart. Like I said A&M doesn't want this going to game 3 plain and simple

Posted the devotional last night since we needed a pick me up. Here it is. God speed on all your journeys today. Never let a game derail your efforts of living the light of Christ.
Truth. Good word. We are all passionate with our fandom for our beloved Vols but in the end it’s still a game and life goes on. I sometimes let my emotions of these games trump what and who I am supposed to be. Win or lose the CWS I am going to cherish the time here in Omaha with my family.

Also, continue to pray for SaS and her family. Best Vol among us!

#WinItAll4SaS

Bottom line: aTm has shot their wad and the series is still ours to lose.
I wish that was true, but we will not know until we see what we have loaded in the gun the last two games, if it goes two games. We are good and A&M is good. The winner will be the team who plays the best baseball.

I say this with love but you all are the softest fans I have ever seen.. Go have a good cry in the corner and come back when you can compose yourself. Let your balls drop and cheer on our team today. They may not win… We are playing one of the best teams in the country but they won’t go down without a fight. We only lost by four yesterday…. It’s not the end of the world…. Go Vols!!! Let’s win this d&mn thing!!!
View attachment 652149
Well said. Some of our fans need some testosterone and red meat in their diet.
Sac up folks!

Good news folks. Your old buddy @Glitch has returned from the burn ward. A handful (roughly a dozen) (37) skin grafts later and I am good as new. Vols play today and we gon whoop that maggie today. They threw their kitchen sink at us yesterday, but we were just getting warmed up. Time to take the fight to the magpies for 9 innings!

Good news folks. Your old buddy @Glitch has returned from the burn ward. A handful (roughly a dozen) (37) skin grafts later and I am good as new. Vols play today and we gon whoop that maggie today. They threw their kitchen sink at us yesterday, but we were just getting warmed up. Time to take the fight to the magpies for 9 innings!
37? And you're at home?

VO did you say Gentleman, singular as in there is only one of us who are refined, cultured, and mature enough to be called as such?

Any updates on ODA?
lol nah but I could probably count the gentlemen on one hand lol. I kid I kid. Well maybe

They said last night they reached out to her husband and called him in. They said her heartbeat was way down yesterday. Didn’t know if she’d make it. I’ve not heard anything this morning. It’s a heartbreaking situation no doubt about it 🥲🙏🏻
I didn’t want to share this info during the game so…

lol nah but I could probably count the gentlemen on one hand lol. I kid I kid. Well maybe

They said last night they reached out to her husband and called him in. They said her heartbeat was way down yesterday. Didn’t know if she’d make it. I’ve not heard anything this morning. It’s a heartbreaking situation no doubt about it 🥲🙏🏻
I didn’t want to share this info during the game so…
Man, she has fought her tail off. So sorry for you all. Still praying...

How did you burn yourself that badly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back