Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carter is that attacking off linebacker backing up Beasley. Different responsibilities. I’m sure he could do the job at Mike linebacker but you lose something taking him away from the other imo.
Seems like we started hearing a lot of good stuff about Telander somewhere in the middle of fall camp.

Carter is that attacking off linebacker backing up Beasley. Different responsibilities. I’m sure he could do the job at Mike linebacker but you lose something taking him away from the other imo.
I’d rather keep ‘em both in reserve right now and let them get reps.

Here’s to hoping Elijah stays healthy 👍🏻

Cool story time: My senior year of high school I had the best principal I ever had in school. His name is Doug Phillips. In his first year he learned every student's name (1200 students) by the end of the year. He was beyond kind, intelligent, encouraging, and outgoing. For a small town, good-ole-boy school system he was much needed. He also had an Ohio State national championship ring in his office, because he was an assistant coach at Ohio State in 2006.

He left coaching so his wife could follow her dream job to Nashville. That's how he ended up as our principal. After a few years, he left and took an assistant job at Cincinnati. He was the Special Teams coordinator in 2017 and RB coach 2018-2019.

Since 2020 he's been the head coach at Youngstown State. Youngstown State will play Ohio State tomorrow. I'm a huge fan of that man. He's one of the best men I've ever met, and he's the type of man you'd want your sons to play for. Just thought I'd mention because I know how big of a moment it is for him to take his team back to Columbus.

Cool story time: My senior year of high school I had the best principal I ever had in school. His name is Doug Phillips. In his first year he learned every student's name (1200 students) by the end of the year. He was beyond kind, intelligent, encouraging, and outgoing. For a small town, good-ole-boy school system he was much needed. He also had an Ohio State national championship ring in his office, because he was an assistant coach at Ohio State in 2006.

He left coaching so his wife could follow her dream job to Nashville. That's how he ended up as our principal. After a few years, he left and took an assistant job at Cincinnati. He was the Special Teams coordinator in 2017 and RB coach 2018-2019.

Since 2020 he's been the head coach at Youngstown State. Youngstown State will play Ohio State tomorrow. I'm a huge fan of that man. He's one of the best men I've ever met, and he's the type of man you'd want your sons to play for. Just thought I'd mention because I know how big of a moment it is for him to take his team back to Columbus.
Youngstown State with the upset for @SoilVol!

I’d rather keep ‘em both in reserve right now and let them get reps.

Here’s to hoping Elijah stays healthy 👍🏻
That’s the plan barring injury. If healthy we get an early start on that succession plan. Imagine Spillman backing up Carter and trying to find reps for Jaylin Smith?

I think that ship has sailed. I am utterly alone.
tenor.gif

Youngstown State with the upset for @SoilVol!
Well, I don't think that's going to happen but YSU has gotten better every season. 9-4 in their last 13 games, 6-1 in last 7. They got OSU and WVU safeties as transfers.

YSU has been pretty good before. Phillips was a grad assistant there under Jim Tressel in the 1990s before Tressel went to OSU.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
-Hobbs- Surprised how early he flashed but shouldn’t have been if I heeded the camp build-up. Should work his way into the second group by mid-season if this arc holds imo.

- Bradley: Needed the EE physical development the most out of all the freshmen and was a summer enrollee. Redshirt and he beasts next year.

- Leacock: If Bru rumor is true, he could get an early baptism but still behind Nimrod and Webb. Likely to see all 3 heavily in the second half. Pope talked him up.

- Okoye: Redshirt, eat, develop and stay off the field…repeat as necessary.

- Telander: His time! When Eli isn’t on the field, look for this guy! Amazing physical transformation dating back to half the off-season. Mean, hungry son of a coach…very excited.
Thanks!!

So next season at off LB?
1. Carter
2. Spillman
3. Smith
Unless Perry factors in there instead of Smith. It’s a shame Perry wasn’t born earlier. Banks and company were nowhere as explosive. We lose somebody more than likely. Tho it’d be nice if we could sell wait your turn opportunity like Smart does at UGA.

Have you heard about my Florida game thread preparations? It is going to be glorious!
Have you heard about my Florida game thread preparations? It is going to be glorious!
Blowing Up Killed The Toliet GIF - Blowing Up Killed The Toliet Explode GIFs

Before it even gets started. Now you’re just running amok. We’re going to have to have a intervention here, before you screwup our whole season. You’ve already have caused enough damage and don’t trot out that old tigger gif to make us feel sorry for you. You might pull @SweetasSoda because she has a soft heart, but not the rest of us buddy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back