Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with you. There's overly negative and overly optimistic. Both annoy me.

If you're overly optimistic then you fall from a greater height when your unrealistic expectations fall flat. It's not BVS either. We are a really good team but we also have inconsistencies and flaws. Lots of teams are in that same boat (USC comes to mind)

We are a better team than A&M but that doesn't mean they can't beat us. I don't think they can blow us out, but they can win.

I also still think we win. And we CAN win pretty big.

Hey, always optimistic her. Never get down on the Vols!

14-1 🤠

I was a little too young for Cosell and Dandy Don. I grew up on Frank Gifford, Al Michaels, and Dan Dierdorf on MNF (with "All My Rowdy Friends are Coming Over Tonight" by Hank Williams Jr). Pat Summerall and John Madden were my memories from Sunday afternoons.
Remember 'em all. But, I used to love Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen on the 4 o'clock NBC game with all the AFC West teams. San Diego and Dan Fouts with Air Coryell were my favorite to watch. Had those great WRs, James Loften, John Jefferson then Wes Chandler, plus TE Kellen Winslow. Then when Fouts retired, he replaced Merlin and joined Enberg in the booth. Damn, I'm old

Remember 'em all. But, I used to love Dick Enberg and Merlin Olsen on the 4 o'clock NBC game with all the AFC West teams. San Diego and Dan Fouts with Air Coryell were my favorite to watch. Had those great WRs, James Loften, John Jefferson then Wes Chandler, plus TE Kellen Winslow. Then when Fouts retired, he replaced Merlin and joined Enberg in the booth. Damn, I'm old
I had a Dan Fouts jersey when I was little, like 5 or 6 yrs old. I don't know who got it for me but I loved that lightning bolt. I used to put it under my name in elementary school.

If they can do like UF and stop the run with just their front...Joe and Co will have to win it in the air.
That’s my worry. Since the beginning of last year, the teams that could do that were the only ones to slow our offense down, and they gave us fits. But none of those games were in Neyland.

Dooley and it isn't even remotely close.

This is one hill I'll forever die on. Absolutely inexcusable hire.
Dooley was an awful hire and I put some of the blame on Lane Kiffin for the rush/timing of the DD hire, but Pruitt was a Gump through and through.

The worst hire in TN football history is Jeremy Pruitt. He was intent on destroying TN football.

I had a Dan Fouts jersey when I was little, like 5 or 6 yrs old. I don't know who got it for me but I loved that lightning bolt. I used to put it under my name in elementary school.
How could you not love it ? Chargers uniforms were the shiznit. The lightning bolt on the helmet, but I loved the yellow pants with the lightning bolts down the side, too. Plus, they were so fun to watch, one of the great offenses in NFL history for about 5 years.

Dooley was an awful hire and I put some of the blame on Lane Kiffin for the rush/timing of the DD hire, but Pruitt was a Gump through and through.

The worst hire in TN football history is Jeremy Pruitt. He was intent on destroying TN football.
Idk how anyone could talk to that guy for more than 1 minute and feel like he's good enough to lead a $300mil+ program. I wouldn't hire him to shine my shoes.

That’s my worry. Since the beginning of last year, the teams that could do that were the only ones to slow our offense down, and they gave us fits. But none of those games were in Neyland.
What FL did -- and I think they took it from GA, but not sure -- was to set LBs about halfway between the slot and the OT or TE. In coverage if a WR crossed, near enough for run support.

But what we were really dealing with was our OL missing Coop and Mince. That is, only 60% of OL. That's how they stopped the run when we had a numerical advantage in the box.

But if you recall the second half, the only thing that continually stopped us was the biased officiating. I think we were a couple of calls and non-calls away from winning in a huge comeback.

What FL did -- and I think they took it from GA, but not sure -- was to set LBs about halfway between the slot and the OT or TE. In coverage if a WR crossed, outside contain or quick support in the middle, if a run.

But what we were really dealing with was our OL missing Coop and Mince. That is, only 60% of OL. That's how that stopped the run when we had a numerical advantage in the box.

But if you recall the second, the only thing that continually stopped us was the biased officiating. I think we were a couple of calls and non-calls away from winning in a huge comeback.
But Pitt did it, uga did it. I’m not panicked or anything, just think that’s a concern. Teams that can get pressure with 4 or 5 and keep 2 high safeties give us fits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back