Recruiting Football Talk VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am ready for the 7 - 1 model with Vandy as our permanent rival. I am very tired of Tennessee having the most difficult conference schedule every single year. Auburn is the team that team closest to us in terms of difficulty but we have been getting the shaft since we went to two divisions.
Is that for sure what they're going to after the 2024 season? I would rather play the 3-6 model. I know it's harder but I like keeping the Third Saturday in October.

Is that for sure what they're going to after the 2024 season? I would rather play the 3-6 model. I know it's harder but I like keeping the Third Saturday in October.
Yeah if we lose uga or Fla fine but I don't want to lose the bammers. Third Saturday in October should be non-negotiable. Keep it.

Well that’s enough internet for me tonight..See u nice gentlemen and ladies tomorrow.🙌

View attachment 586868

see-ya-later-dumb-and-dumber.gif

Yes to both. Really like Gojira a lot, especially Duplante on the drums. Rammstein has some good stuff but a lot of it too similar.

My 11 year old daughter and I were just jamming Architects, Mudvayne, Hellyeah and some 90's Godsmack on our car ride.

I found a new band I like called Line So Thin...really good and I'm also getting into Badflower. Very good newer rock bands.

Love Architects, Mudvayne, Hellyeah (Newly acquired appreciation), and especially Godsmack. Awake by Godsmack is one of my favorites. I’m the granny that listens to stuff she shouldn’t, lol.

I’m just going to put this here instead of bumping each players thread. I was on the field for the Lipscomb Academy/Catholic game tonight. Beasley and Spillman are ANIMALS. Beasley had two INTs and one scoop and score off a blocked FG. Completely shutdown his side of the field. Spillman is a heat seeking missile. His awareness is off the charts. Him and Carter together are going to be SCARY in a couple of years. As good as those two were, Chauncey Gooden was just as impressive. He’s exactly what you want on the interior line. Mean and physical and just wants to put dudes on their backside.

Honestly we definitely need to offer one kid from Catholic as a PWO and I would even consider a scholarship if we had one available. He’s currently committed to Wofford but he’s incredibly shifty and would be an ideal PR and KR. Think Josh Smith but probably more elusive. He took one punt back to the house and Lipscomb was only worried about him all night.

Yeah, being a baseball newbie and jumping in for the first SEC game (Ole Miss) in '21 and following the BaseVols pretty closely ever since, I recall all the old-timers (including you) warning us repeatedly that was the case during the awesome '21 season. I took it to heart -- or to mind -- and was not surprised completely how '21 ended or that '22 actually did better in the postseason.

I think we're going to win it all before too long. But I'm ready for surprises, good and bad.

P.S. Something like that will happen in football imo when they expand the playoffs starting next year.
I think there'll be upsets with the expanded playoffs, but I don't think a lower seed, say 9-12, will win it all. They'd have to do it 4 games in a row; just don't see that happening other than in unusual circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back