Recruiting Football Talk VIII

1725989059591.png
1725989076525.png

Well, the Vols neutered the Wolfpack in Charlotte on Saturday. It was a close game until it wasn't. NC State never really got out of neutral and ended the game with less than 150 yards of total offense (only 39 yards on the ground) and only 3 offensive points. The Vols defense was smothering all night long and were sure tacklers and assignment sound. Unfortunately for Kent State, the Vols defense looks really really good in it's first two outings of the 2024 campaign. The chance, singular, that the Kent State Golden Flashes is the ever so tiniest of flames that is about to be doused by a tidal wave of Orange. Here are a few things to look for in this glorified scrimmage for the Vols...

1. Please no injuries - The Vols are looking really good so far and we have been able to get through the first two games with minimal bumps and bruises. It is a long season and we are deep in some positions, but not everywhere. It is crucial for us to get out of games like these as healthy as possible. We will probably see the 1's through the first half, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we were far enough ahead by the end of the 1st Qtr to pull the starters and give the backups the majority of the snaps in this game.

2. That's pretty much it - We have seen what to expect from most of our 1's and aside from getting them some live game snaps to clean up a few low hanging fruit corrections there is not much for us to prove in this game. I think that Gaston and Merk can lead the offense to enough points to cover the spread and I don't think our 2/3's on defense will give up many if any points against a Kent State team that is averaging only 50ish yards rushing per game and less than 200 yards passing per game. It would not surprise me if Kent State gained a yardage total similar to the Woofpack of only about 150 yards total.

Score Prediction:

If the 1's play the full first half...
Vols: 63
Golden Showers: 3

If the 1's play less than the first half...
Vols: 60

View attachment 675434
View attachment 675435

Well, the Vols neutered the Wolfpack in Charlotte on Saturday. It was a close game until it wasn't. NC State never really got out of neutral and ended the game with less than 150 yards of total offense (only 39 yards on the ground) and only 3 offensive points. The Vols defense was smothering all night long and were sure tacklers and assignment sound. Unfortunately for Kent State, the Vols defense looks really really good in it's first two outings of the 2024 campaign. The chance, singular, that the Kent State Golden Flashes is the ever so tiniest of flames that is about to be doused by a tidal wave of Orange. Here are a few things to look for in this glorified scrimmage for the Vols...

1. Please no injuries - The Vols are looking really good so far and we have been able to get through the first two games with minimal bumps and bruises. It is a long season and we are deep in some positions, but not everywhere. It is crucial for us to get out of games like these as healthy as possible. We will probably see the 1's through the first half, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we were far enough ahead by the end of the 1st Qtr to pull the starters and give the backups the majority of the snaps in this game.

2. That's pretty much it - We have seen what to expect from most of our 1's and aside from getting them some live game snaps to clean up a few low hanging fruit corrections there is not much for us to prove in this game. I think that Gaston and Merk can lead the offense to enough points to cover the spread and I don't think our 2/3's on defense will give up many if any points against a Kent State team that is averaging only 50ish yards rushing per game and less than 200 yards passing per game. It would not surprise me if Kent State gained a yardage total similar to the Woofpack of only about 150 yards total.

Score Prediction:

If the 1's play the full first half...

Vols: 63

If the 1's play less than the first half...
Vols: 60

I'm with you on the score

I think Saturday will be like the 2022 Vanderbilt game (56-0 in the rain, lots of run), except Nico gets one more passing or rushing TD than Joe did

63-0

If I was going to do a Parlay I'd take all less than field goal games. All of these first picks are 2.5 pt favorites. Started posting these to see how I'd actually do. Last week I would have won. This week I am not crazy about the SEC matchups to call the result. Somebody put 5 on this 6 way and let me know how we did. I think I would bet it as individual 3 picks and 1 6 way.

Cincinnati to cover
WV to cover
App state to cover.

Gun to my head SEC picks

UGA to cover
Ole Miss to cover
Vols to cover.

Reactions: knoxvol52
anxiously awaiting Vols 1Q

it's so good to be BACK, First Quarter Boiz!

the-boys-are-back-in-town-always-sunny.gif

Which ones are wrong? +1402
View attachment 675426
LSU is the one that would worry me the most. Alabama would be #2 because it's a road game, but Wisconsin hasn't looked very good at all. I'm always nervous about 1st quarter bets in case we don't get the kickoff. All it takes is one possession of not taking it seriously turning into a field goal.

If I was going to do a Parlay I'd take all less than field goal games. All of these first picks are 2.5 pt favorites. Started posting these to see how I'd actually do. Last week I would have won. This week I am not crazy about the SEC matchups to call the result. Somebody put 5 on this 6 way and let me know how we did. I think I would bet it as individual 3 picks and 1 6 way.

Cincinnati to cover
WV to cover
App state to cover.

Gun to my head SEC picks

UGA to cover
Ole Miss to cover
Vols to cover.
Memphis beats the spread vs FSU. Memphis +7

LSU is the one that would worry me the most. Alabama would be #2 because it's a road game, but Wisconsin hasn't looked very good at all. I'm always nervous about 1st quarter bets in case we don't get the kickoff. All it takes is one possession of not taking it seriously turning into a field goal.
I took LSU out and bet the rest. $10 @ +750. Hope it works out, i can get a gallon of gas and go to Taco Bell. May have enough left to get some milk and eggs.

VN Store

Back