Recruiting Football Talk VIII

Because I’m your Daddy. Is that what she said?
the-other-guys-i-dont-like-you.gif

Since you mentioned LBJ, let’s talk about Lady Bird.

View attachment 664061

From Texas distiller Garrison Brothers who have some really good stuff. This may be the best. Finished in XO Cognac casks and infused with a little honey, the taste is great. Reviews vary in what the ”experts” taste. Some reviews mention chocolate/cocoa notes which I definitely agree with. Plenty of baking spices.

Just scored this bottle and it has become one of my favorites. Not cheap however.

@InVOLuntary
@mrMet
@MetalVolunteer

and @ other bourbon lovers.
I have had a few GB that were underwhelming. I have had a few that were pretty darn good. The Balmorhea was the easiest to drink with an abundance of flavors and finish. I still enjoy the potent barrel proof bottles. I bought 3 bottles of the 2019 Cowboy bourbon. I am on my 2nd bottle. I gave the 3rd as a gift. The Cowboy is tasty and drinks much lower than it's 68 proof, but some of the heat can cover the mouth tastings. I get flavors of pecans, black pepper and old cherry pipe tobacco. GBCB has a better finish that does not burn the way one would expect and leaves a spicy covering. The 2019 still drinks a little young to me, but is still a pretty good pour. I would like to try the Lady Bird and the Guadalupe. I believe there are much better pours at more reasonable prices. I once smoked a pour and am still not sure that it was a good idea.
20240802_210903.jpg

VN Store

Back