Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think the guy on Reddit is annoyed that UT is using TicketMaster for sales of tickets.

Instead of the University managing resale tickets directly. Which would lower costs and have less middlemen involved.

Now I don’t portend to know the intricate details of the negotiations with TicketMaster.

But since they also own Live Nation (which manages basically all talent/concert) then the negotiation probably looks like this

“If you wanna ever have a concert in Knoxville ever again. You better use TicketMaster for UT Sports”

So this means you have to pay $2k for tickets to the Florida games so you can have the pleasure to pay $2k a ticket to watch Morgan Wallen at Neyland 🥸

Live Nation owns Ticketmaster technically but your point still stands. Also, people should realize a very small portion of the fees go to TM. Most go to the artist/team/venue. One thing TM should do a better job of is capping resale prices. They just let people do whatever.

Man ain't nothing crappier than taking a shower and u look up only to have a giant freaking wolf spider fall dead on ur face!!I turned into a 13 year old girl at the moment lol...But yeah im probably gonna need therapy after this whole ordeal....
I had just started peeing in the toilet then saw something moving on the floor. It was a cockroach coming right at me. I was watching the cockroach, frantically moving my feet trying to keep it off of me, while also trying to maintain my aim.

Not sure I was very successful at any of it, but if there had been a camera, someone would’ve had a good laugh.

Live Nation owns Ticketmaster technically but your point still stands. Also, people should realize a very small portion of the fees go to TM. Most go to the artist/team/venue. One thing TM should do a better job of is capping resale prices. They just let people do whatever.
Odd. Isn't the price of the ticket for the artists? Why extra fees then for artists? Seriously, these venues are pricing me out of the market for many shows. I'm just not going to pay an additional $25 per ticket in fees most times. I now use the method of 'last day buying' on the resale market or I don't go. There is Tick Pick which seems to have lower fees but it all seems like a scam.

They need to eliminate Judo and other martial arts from the Olympics and just combine them all together as a combat sport. Kind of like ultimate fighting. Doesn't matter what your discipline is, go into the cage and fight your opponent. Judo, Taekwon Do, Kung Fu, Karate, Krav Magra, or whatever. Group 'em all together and let 'em fight it out.
Thats what the early UFCs were an BJJ just destroyed all of them lol

Also, Krav Maga isn't a combat sport like the rest of them. I'd still watch the absolute **** out of this.

Reactions: gainesvol82
I had just started peeing in the toilet then saw something moving on the floor. It was a cockroach coming right at me. I was watching the cockroach, frantically moving my feet trying to keep it off of me, while also trying to maintain my aim.

Not sure I was very successful at any of it, but if there had been a camera, someone would’ve had a good laugh.
Just started peeing in the toilet? Where were you peeing before?

United States definitely will dominant the medal count after all is done in Summer Olympics. Now Winter Olympics are a totally different story.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Rant incoming:

These inflated ticket prices are the results of supply/demand, unnecessary fan experiences, and the "pAy ThE mAN whATeVer eH wANts!!" crowd. What ticks me off more than anything......no man needs that much money and all it does it make them want that much more of it. We've got a very special group of coaches but the salaryies are out of hand and no signs of stopping. There needs to be a salary cap in place for all coaches, college and pro. The fans (middle class/families) are getting priced out of the stadiums and it's happening in every sport. These "Taj Mahal" stadiums are also a huge part of the problem. The experience is cool but I'm most interested in the ballgame and the game has almost been pushed to the side. I believe that the skyboxes are all sold out and eventually it'll be the corporations that own the whole lower level...... and they ain't going to the ball games, especially the OOC games

End rant

I fell getting out of one of the boats on Pirates of the Caribbean a few years ago. I hope like hell they still have it and get a good laugh out of it.

Rant incoming:

These inflated ticket prices are the results of supply/demand, unnecessary fan experiences, and the "pAy ThE mAN whATeVer eH wANts!!" crowd. What ticks me off more than anything......no man needs that much money and all it does it make them want that much more of it. We've got a very special group of coaches but the salaryies are out of hand and no signs of stopping. There needs to be a salary cap in place for all coaches, college and pro. The fans (middle class/families) are getting priced out of the stadiums and it's happening in every sport. These "Taj Mahal" stadiums are also a huge part of the problem. The experience is cool but I'm most interested in the ballgame and the game has almost been pushed to the side. I believe the skyboxes are all sold out and eventually it'll be the corporations that own the whole lower level...... and they ain't going to the ball games.

End rant
I don’t like prices either, but this is merely excitement and demand. Nothing else. Ok you can argue about ticketmaster sure, but no one would care if you were giving tickets away because we sucked.

I'll take the pain.

I don’t like prices either, but this is merely excitement and demand. Nothing else. Ok you can argue about ticketmaster sure, but no one would care if you were giving tickets away because we sucked.

I'll take the pain.
There is some truth to what he said though. Once renovations across campus started, prices started going up. The school passed off the prices by raising season tickets and then season ticket holders passed off prices by raising their re sale, but at the end of the day. The original complaint which is very valid is allowing the TM monopoly them being able to add their junk fees basically doubles the price. That is the starter of the problem

Reactions: TN-POSSUM

Sheesh

what's the most that you've paid for a ticket(s)? what's the most that you would pay for a ticket?

TICKETMASTER IS THE DEVIL

Bring that sh!t back in house. Reduce costs to the fan, who might then repurpose that to merchandise/etc as opposed to having less money to spend. Tickets will be in higher demand across the board. You also then are employing people which is a good thing.

I hate Ticketmaster.

VN Store

Back