Recruiting Football Talk VIII

ffs-another-one.gif
TWSS

They need to eliminate Judo and other martial arts from the Olympics and just combine them all together as a combat sport. Kind of like ultimate fighting. Doesn't matter what your discipline is, go into the cage and fight your opponent. Judo, Taekwon Do, Kung Fu, Karate, Krav Magra, or whatever. Group 'em all together and let 'em fight it out.

They need to eliminate Judo and other martial arts from the Olympics and just combine them all together as a combat sport. Kind of like ultimate fighting. Doesn't matter what your discipline is, go into the cage and fight your opponent. Judo, Taekwon Do, Kung Fu, Karate, Krav Magra, or whatever. Group 'em all together and let 'em fight it out.
turn on some 80's montage music over the loud speakers while they're at it

bloodsport-1988-v0-t2aq32k6rp391.gif

In regards to the guy who shared that originally.

Is there another option?

Ticketmaster is a monopoly.
I called the ticket office yesterday, and Ticketmaster is really the only place to buy single game tickets (other than person to person via Volnation or other). They also said that single game tickets are already on sale and if there aren't any on Ticketmaster (turn off resale on filter) that means there aren't any single game tickets available (also depends on how many tickets selected).

Reactions: BigSteve09

Sheesh

what's the most that you've paid for a ticket(s)? what's the most that you would pay for a ticket?

So what would be a better alternative? Seatgeek and Stubhub have basically the same fees. . People have the ability to transfer tickets from their UT account so if you can find someone who you trust and they trust you a transfer of tickets can take place with no additional fees. You can pay with Venmo, etc.

So what would be a better alternative? Seatgeek and Stubhub have basically the same fees. . People have the ability to transfer tickets from their UT account so if you can find someone who you trust and they trust you a transfer of tickets can take place with no additional fees. You can pay with Venmo, etc.

I think the guy on Reddit is annoyed that UT is using TicketMaster for sales of tickets.

Instead of the University managing resale tickets directly. Which would lower costs and have less middlemen involved.

Now I don’t portend to know the intricate details of the negotiations with TicketMaster.

But since they also own Live Nation (which manages basically all talent/concert) then the negotiation probably looks like this

“If you wanna ever have a concert in Knoxville ever again. You better use TicketMaster for UT Sports”

So this means you have to pay $2k for tickets to the Florida games so you can have the pleasure to pay $2k a ticket to watch Morgan Wallen at Neyland 🥸

Last edited:
I think the guy on Reddit is annoyed that UT is using TicketMaster for sales of tickets.

Instead of the University managing resale tickets directly. Which would lower costs and have less middlemen involved.

Now I don’t portend to know the intricate details of the negotiations with TicketMaster.

But since they also own Live Nation (which manages basically all talent/concert) then the negotiation probably looks like this

“If you wanna ever have a concert in Knoxville ever again. You better use TicketMaster for UT Sports”
Bingo

Weren't the Feds gonna go after LiveNation a couple years ago. What happened to that?

VN Store

Back