Recruiting Football Talk VIII

And you think the pressure in the backfield every single play was the result of play calling? If you do that's fine. But I don't. And the fact that I don't is the only point I'm making.

I have a low opinion of Willie and a mildly low opinion of Banks. And I think Garner is the best DL coach in the country. If his unit is so dominant they can make Banks job as a play caller easier and everyone's job in the backfield easier than hell yeah. I'm just saying I didn't see any reason to change my opinion of any of them.

If the defense plays bad, you’d blame Banks. If the defense plays good, you credit other coaches besides Banks.

Do you see why your opinion makes no sense?

NC State not the only one getting smoked tonight. @Ten_Titans taking L after L on terrible Banks takes.

Give it up dude. You’ve dug too deep to make it out alive now.
Banks and Willie have been here three years. If the Dline putting on a clinic caused you to change your opinion of either based on the prior evidence, good for you lol. Makes no difference to me.

BIG props to defense locking down in second half . We gave a ton of cushion to their WR early and paid for it then settled in. Overall that was a bit of an odd game. I feel like Nico was pretty good, but Sampson and the DL really cemented the win. Defense grew up tonight a little bit. Also, very nice to see our TEs producing again. We are much deeper there now and that will pay dividends.

Here’s my top 10 currently. 1-3 are in a league of their own. The rest are pretty close

1) UGA
2) Ohio State
3) Texas
4) Ole Miss
5) Alabama
6) Missouri
7) Miami
8) Utah
9) USC
10) Tennessee

Why should USC. Utah. Miami, Missouri, Alabama, Ole Miss and Ohio State be ranked higher than us? There’s no legitimate reason.

It was and I agree it was by choice. We love that shovel pass tho lol.

Looks like we took what the defense gave for majority of the game.
For the love of all things pure and holy, let’s ditch the shovel pass play for about 6 games. It’s gonna get picked off pretty soon.

If the defense plays bad, you’d blame Banks. If the defense plays good, you credit other coaches besides Banks.

Do you see why your opinion makes no sense?
The fact you keep saying "defense" just shows you have no interest in understanding what I'm trying to say.

If Grayson McCall had the same stat line he had tonight, with no sacks or hurries, Banks and Willie would get ALL the credit.

The fact you keep saying "defense" just shows you have no interest in understanding what I'm trying to say.

If Grayson McCall had the same stat line he had tonight, with no sacks or hurries, Banks and Willie would get ALL the credit.
No, we get it. At this point, Banks will never get credit. You can’t play good defense without a solid front 7. It all goes together.

And…the play calls do matter. How did Pierce get a pick six in the bowl game last year? The play call.

VN Store

Back