Recruiting Football Talk VIII

I think we'll get a fair call. My feeling is that there is much more money to be made by rigging a big game down the road somewhere. Let UT beat the crap out of OU then rig a game vs a team we should stomp or rig one of the UGA/Bama game.

Vols are one of the most exciting teams and brands in the SEC. Eyeballs all across the nation tune in to watch. Also with some of the ‘you either love them or hate them but either way you’re gonna watch’ vibes.

No one is gonna “rig” a game unless it’s for UT (which also will not happen).

That's definitely a point. Still not convinced it's probable enough for the old personal worry-circle, but everyone has their own filter size when it comes to things that get through and get lodged.
Gambling is way too big for it to have no effect. We know players get caught sandbagging, it effects the officials too. I'd bet they have a lot of different ways to effect the game's outcome. No doubt they'd do it when it would mean hundreds of millions of $s. Rig a couple big games and it could swing their profits for the entire year.

OH NO the NC State drubbing looks LESS good than before!!! OH NO the Kent State drubbing looks LESS good than before!!! OH NO the UTC drubbing looks LESS good than before!!! OH NO the Oklahoma drubbing looks less good than before!!! OH NO the Arkansas drubbing looks less good than before!!!

so on and so forth
Exactly. BVS bullsh-t.

Vols are one of the most exciting teams and brands in the SEC. Eyeballs all across the nation tune in to watch. Also with some of the ‘you either love them or hate them but either way you’re gonna watch’ vibes.

No one is gonna “rig” a game unless it’s for UT (which also will not happen).
You went and done it now...

Reactions: MarcoVol

VN Store

Back