Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife and I made our annual trip to the Isle of Palms before all of our kids. Our oldest may have been born. We went to the local breakfast spot, and a guy held open the door for my wife after I dropped her off. She wasn’t paying attention. I parked the car and this guy and wife got on bicycles, and I realized it was Kevin Costner. I think my wife had realized it by the time I walked in. He and his family were staying on the island while he was doing something up in Awendaw.
I used to live there

Reactions: VolGee4
Sat shoulder to shoulder with Muhammad Ali in the Atlanta Crown Room for about thirty minutes about 10yrs ago... He had his posse around him, but let him be... I got a beer at one point and he smiled and did a "thumbs up"... I told him I'd grab him one if he wanted (looked around at his guys for approval) and he shook his head and said yes very softly... I got a cup and a guy in his posse poured it and he drank it with a straw... I was so nervous I could barely work on my computer.

Sat on a plane next to Bruce Pearl, after he was fired.

Back when I was in POTS, met Phil Fulmer when we did a pep band for an event. Also met John Ward when he came to talk to the band. Both were in the early 90's while Fulmer was still coach and before John Ward retired. Doug Dickey came to talk to us as well. He was an azzhole. Met Allan Houston as well. It was the year after he graduated, at the SEC tournament. He came to watch the Vols and sat next to the pep band. Remember sitting in a lobby at a hotel(I think it was in Arkansas) as Pat Summitt chewed out a player after a game. That was intense. Met several Lady Vols during that time period.

I bet it was some artisanal type ish that you have to take nibbles to swish around your palate and then spit the remaining goo into a bin for compost used for his pot farm.
I had him over to the house so I chose the menu. He brought me one of his left handed, pinky out beers. I think it was called bearded lady or moose knuckle or something like that.

His wife is the only thing that isn't weird about him. Sort of a ying and yang type of thing.

I hit a 315 yard drive today on a par 5. Was sitting 150 out for my second shot. Put my approach right over the top of the flag. Sitting pretty for eagle. And then... 3 putt par baby yeah!

I used to be a really good Golfer back in the day. 2 Handicap. Best Round ever on a good course was 68 from the tips at Kelly Plantation in Destin. Ive shot lower but on crap easy courses. Hardly play anymore. Not sure I could break 80 right now

Sat on a plane next to Bruce Pearl, after he was fired.

Back when I was in POTS, met Phil Fulmer when we did a pep band for an event. Also met John Ward when he came to talk to the band. Both were in the early 90's while Fulmer was still coach and before John Ward retired. Doug Dickey came to talk to us as well. He was an azzhole. Met Allan Houston as well. It was the year after he graduated, at the SEC tournament. He came to watch the Vols and sat next to the pep band. Remember sitting in a lobby at a hotel(I think it was in Arkansas) as Pat Summitt chewed out a player after a game. That was intense. Met several Lady Vols during that time period.

I had a class with Jason Witten...for about 3 days. I think he decided to drop it.

I was in a class with Will Offenheusle, who was a starting OL, and he basically guaranteed a win at UF as he left class in 2001.

Good thread going on 247 about random celebrity meetings/experiences. All I had was Pat Summitt, Bob Kesling, Brian Adams, Jeneane Garofalo, and my sister's story about Elon Musk trying to get her to have a threesome with he and his wife lol. Guess I'll throw in Louise Mandrell too (if any hardcore country fans know her...sister of Barbara) but she is just relative, so don't really consider it.

But one guy had met MLK. Another sat beside Bill Clinton on a plane. Can anyone top those two?

Can't top those two but I do have a long list since I am probably older than most of you guys. My favorite is the time I played golf with John Schneider (aka Bo Duke). He is a really good athlete and "just a good ole boy".

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back