Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, that’s about the worst case scenario I could have imagined. They have lost all confidence in Pruitt because he put the program over their individual safety.
Its not a good look at all. Players who don't want to be out there plus coaches who can't get along plus unprepared freshman and AD/boosters who are all pulling in the same direction. Its a mess that isn't getting fixed anytime soon.

Reactions: VOLSONLY
This may be my favorite one so far. Such a cool shot.
Thanks...I am glad you liked it. For those that are interested...those mountains you see in the distance are the Henry mountains..which are said to be among the most remote in the country, and have a big herd of wild Bison.

Low said on Swain that the reason Freeze wouldn't wait for a job next year is because the one time transfer rule next year may make it hard to wait. Plus, his team may not be as good next year, so may not be a hot commodity.
But, Low said Freeze would probably wait for the right job and will stay in the south.

Freeze having a down year after possibly going 10-0 with Liberty won't hurt his stock at all.

Reactions: UTSuave’
Way too many mental gymnastics for something that may not even come close to happening. Some of y’all are really trying to talk yourself into being content with losses. What terrible fans are you? You shouldn’t even be allowed to fan if you actively want your team to lose. Sheesh. Don’t be acting like spoiled children when they don’t get their way exactly how they dreamed it up. /rant

I get what you're getting at, but it would probably be foolish to pick one measly win over Vandy over hiring Freeze. (Obviously that's just the rumor atm which should be taken with a grain of salt anyways) I won't be actively rooting for us to lose the game or anything, but one can take the fandom glasses off for a sec and realize it could be for the overall benefit of the program.

Reactions: GojiraVol17
Low said on Swain that the reason Freeze wouldn't wait for a job next year is because the one time transfer rule next year may make it hard to wait. Plus, his team may not be as good next year, so may not be a hot commodity.
But, Low said Freeze would probably wait for the right job and will stay in the south.

we will obviously have to paint a picture for the university.Freeze just can’t come out and say he wants to coach at the university Of tennessee😅😂

Last edited:
Just in case you’re keeping score at home:

1) our head coach has told people it’s no big deal if he’s fired because he can walk back to our biggest rival.

2) he’s 15-16 through three years, on pace to be 16-19

3) 90% of his staff refused to take a symbolic pay cut to help mitigate losses to the university and future layoffs

4) there was a pressure inside the program for players to put their own health and self interests to the side regarding a pandemic that’s killed 250,000 people in our country to date.

It’s time to make a change. Period. There is no argument otherwise.

Just in case you’re keeping score at home:

1) our head coach has told people it’s no big deal if he’s fired because he can walk back to our biggest rival.

2) he’s 15-16 through three years, on pace to be 16-19

3) 90% of his staff refused to take a symbolic pay cut to help mitigate losses to the university and future layoffs

4) there was a pressure inside the program for players to put their own health and self interests to the side regarding a pandemic that’s killed 250,000 people in our country to date.

It’s time to make a change. Period. There is no argument otherwise.
Hugh Freeze.

giphy.gif
Reported.

Yeah, that’s about the worst case scenario I could have imagined. They have lost all confidence in Pruitt because he put the program over their individual safety.

This board would have gone crazy if we had a dozen contributors opt out. The narrative would have been that the players couldn’t trust Pruitt or the program to keep them safe.

Probably not but would be our luck. Chaney has always had a very complex play book. A lot of the new high powered offenses are so simple it really doesn't require a book.
Yep, if I remember correctly that was the sticking point for Pruitt on guys like Lebby, Briles and Yurich they didn't have a playbook.

I sure hope so...good grief.
As it relates to the younger guys...they are super talented..but I will say this...they have a LONG way to go in regards to the playbook. Half of them have no idea what routes to run or what the check downs are and that is why you haven’t seen them used yet. Wideman for sure has the tools but just isn’t up to speed yet on the playbook and how to really play the position. Hyatt same way...great talent but playbook has been a big struggle for him.

Sign of poor coaching 101. You make the playbook around your best players, should be common sense. Hyatt running straight down the field is more effective than Tillman running a perfect route and still not being even close to open.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back