Recruiting Forum Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read in my facebook memories how Hugh Freeze lost to Vandy in 2016. I also read that they started investigating Ole Miss in February 2016, and that was his first losing season. What he is doing at Liberty is remarkable, but I'm sure one nagging fear for any SEC AD, is that he will be watched closely.

Reactions: OrangenSC
I read in my facebook memories how Hugh Freeze lost to Vandy in 2016. I also read that they started investigating Ole Miss in February 2016, and that was his first losing season. What he is doing at Liberty is remarkable, but I'm sure one nagging fear for any SEC AD, is that he will be watched closely.
He won’t mess up again with a big opportunity, he’s had a huge serving of humble pie the last couple years

Firing Pruitt now is stupid..that is my two cents...but at this point I don't really care..we gonna suck either way from now on. We are unable as a fanbase to have any patience or understanding, so we are going to be on this stupid coaching carousel forever imo.

Have at it..
Devils advocate...

What has Pruitt done to warrant that patience in your opinion?

Firing Pruitt now is stupid..that is my two cents...but at this point I don't really care..we gonna suck either way from now on. We are unable as a fanbase to have any patience or understanding, so we are going to be on this stupid coaching carousel forever imo.

Have at it..

So it’s the fan bases’ fault that we are staring 3-7 or 2-8 in the face during year 3 of a coaching tenure?

It’s the fan bases’ fault that Pruitt is about to turn over is coaching staff for the fourth time in four years?

Have at it..
If I’m going to write a blank check, it’s not going to be to a Bama lifer who brags about how he’s got a safety net in Tuscaloosa.

If we’re going to give someone the ability to be under .500 through three years while they learn on the job, there are plenty of VFLs who can do it.

They should’ve opted out then found somewhere else to play next year. All these high schools in our area had players begging to play. Trey Smith has a real condition but he WANTED to play. Shouldn’t make them play or ever have them play. I played once with over a 102 temp. Even if no Covid, several of these guys wouldn’t. A little too concerned with their safety.
If they have concerns, they should have been able to opt out, PERIOD. For their leader and mentor to put pressure on them in this environment, if it is true, then that is a fireable offense, IMO. It is no different than pressuring a player to play through a legitimate injury. I have no issues with coaches asking players to toughen up and push past the aches and pains that come with the grind of a football season. That is not the same as pressuring them to play when they have concerns about catching the virus and potentially spreading it to others they care about.

Now we're talkin. How about some Apocalypse Now? Requiem for a Dream. Need moar Christopher Nolan. And maybe just one foreign film? Life is Beautiful or La Dolce Vita for me. Amelie and Seven Samurai up there too. Another war movie - Plattoon...and Hurt Locker.

Here's one that usually splits people up and a category rarely in peoples' top 10 - best horror movies.
was wondering if anyone would mention Platoon, that is a great film. Also Das Boot as far as foreign films but my fave foreign film is probably City of God.
As far as other war movies, The Dirty Dozen is awesome. Also thought for Iraq era Three Kings and Jarhead are amazing.

No order.

All the Borne movies
The Hangover
Sling blade
Gladiator
Pulp fiction
Silence of the Lambs
Braveheart
American history X
Snatch
All the John Wick movies
Tombstone
American Beauty
Boondock Saints
No country for old men

Snatch would definitely be in my top 20, did you see The Gentlemen, Guy Ritchie's latest? Its very good. A return to form.

Tony B put out some stats this morning at just how bad the offense has been. Out of 120 teams, the UT offense is:

114th in plays of 10 or more yards
112th in yards per play
88th in red zone offense
108th in passing yards per game
119th in third down conversion rate
119 out of 120 third down conversion... yikes

was wondering if anyone would mention Platoon, that is a great film. Also Das Boot as far as foreign films but my fave foreign film is probably City of God.
As far as other war movies, The Dirty Dozen is awesome. Also thought for Iraq era Three Kings and Jarhead are amazing.
didn't like 3 kings.

did like Jarhead.

Obviously Ansley wasn’t the call screener
tenor.gif

Reactions: VOLSONLY
Snatch would definitely be in my top 20, did you see The Gentlemen, Guy Ritchie's latest? Its very good. A return to form.
saw that a couple weeks ago. really liked it. maybe too fresh in the memory to make a list, but i thought it was very good....might be my favorite role for Hugh Grant. lol.

Reactions: bignewt
Tony B put out some stats this morning at just how bad the offense has been. Out of 120 teams, the UT offense is:

112th in yards per play
88th in red zone offense
Chaney is R.O.A.D. Honestly, I would be o.k. with canning the entire staff and bringing in the Clemson or Oklahoma OCs as HC.

Reactions: UTSuave’

112th in yards per play
88th in red zone offense

Prepare yourself to be told that you and Tony B are both FOS👀😅😂😂😂 all he spreads are lies..🤣 lies I tell you...nice stats bro keep the info coming🤘🏽

Reactions: Jack Burton
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back