Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Ansley, bring in Steele to be DC/ILB and TRob for DBs. With 3 guys on staff who can call defensive plays someoneā€™s bound to know what the hell theyā€™re doing. Bo Davis for the DL, The WVU guy for the OL out of the names they mentioned but Iā€™d prefer they go get someone like Flood at Alabama. Moose to TEs, Osovet to QBs, Fire Weinke, if Tee leaves then go get Chris Beatty at Pitt for WRs is most likely. Wouldnā€™t be an upgrade but wouldnā€™t be a bad hire either.

Also, Fickell > Freeze. Donā€™t care that they lost

Seriously though...how many starters is UGA down? I hate this opt out crap. It makes every result questionable.

Go to a 16 game playoff and get rid of lower money game to shorten schedule and with all the extra money made, NCAA just gives a few hundred thousand to the lower schools for miss game and get rid of all the other bowl games that are not in the 16 game playoff rotation. That would give you 15 bowl / playoff games every year. You could still do another 15 bowl games for 30 teams for a total of 46 teams playing after season. You could add a few more bowls if you wanted. It adds one more game than now to a team who is playing in the championship game.

Yeah, but did you not read the rest of the post I was responding to?
Would you be content and happy with the scenario posed?
Not me.

has nothing to do with your post as much as just my thoughts state of Tennessee class for 22 isn't chocked full of top 250 players at this time

Fire Ansley, bring in Steele to be DC/ILB and TRob for DBs. With 3 guys on staff who can call defensive plays someoneā€™s bound to know what the hell theyā€™re doing. Bo Davis for the DL, The WVU guy for the OL out of the names they mentioned but Iā€™d prefer they go get someone like Flood at Alabama. Moose to TEs, Osovet to QBs, Fire Weinke, if Tee leaves then go get Chris Beatty at Pitt for WRs is most likely. Wouldnā€™t be an upgrade but wouldnā€™t be a bad hire either.

Also, Fickell > Freeze. Donā€™t care that they lost
If Pruitt keeps Ansley, then he hasnā€™t learned a damn thing. No reason to pay that guy over a million dollars when there are so many good, experienced DCs out there

I feel bad, I jinxed Cinci, I actually thought they would hold on and win like Texas did, but Texas never went into conservative mode, or changed what they were doing in that game. Fickell helped Prince Bowlcut out big time today.

I still don't despise Pruitt like I did Trumpet Blower. Hes been a pretty terrible coach so far, but I legitimately pulled for and still pull for him to succeed. After Botch's complete mismanagement of OU and UF in 2015, I was pulling for his failure. I was done.

If Pruitt keeps Ansley, then he hasnā€™t learned a damn thing. No reason to pay that guy over a million dollars when there are so many good, experienced DCs out there
I personally think the D is getting too much flack for this year. The offense sucked the whole year. If your offense sucks in this day and age your defense doesnā€™t stand a chance.

Plus Iā€™m not sure the DC matters a whole lot with Pruitt at head coach. Ansleys a good recruiter and D was solid in 2019. I think Pruitt and whoever the DC is will figure it out for 2021. Bigger problems to fix, namely at qb.

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back