Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Campbell reminds me of Brad Stephens. Can do more with less. But when they get the more (or same) they can’t win big. Their whole angle is being the underdog.

That Oregon team is far from good. Which raises a whole other point about what Cristobal has done to get people excited? He hasn’t won with more or less.

Kansas was really overrated too. Gonzaga is the only elite team I’ve seen so far. Then there’s about 10-12 good teams. If they don’t get a bad draw in March I think they walk to the Final Four and will be really tough to beat.
Thats the thing about March is a lot of it is all about matchups. However, the shooting hasn't been great most of the year, I just don't think we have guys that are going to be consistent enough.

Its hard to name 5 teams that are clearly better. They're good but they're not elite. Kansas Baylor then its a crap shoot after that. This teams weaknesses were exposed tonight and im not sure they're fixable in season. We have no go to scorer, got beat off the dribble, and no primary ball handler, Vescovi is better off the ball.
Kansas lost to Texas by a good amount today.

Pons got in foul trouble and didn't play most the game, lost Springer to injury, sure free throw hitters couldn't make them, Bama was unbelievably hot and hit everything for a good while, and we still were within two scores with 2 minutes left to play. We are going to be alright.

It was so unusual for them to not hit FT. Its been their bread and butter but I do agree that Bama was playing over their head. Of course leaving their best 3 point shooter wide open didn't help

Reactions: JCP201
Campbell reminds me of Brad Stephens. Can do more with less. But when they get the more (or same) they can’t win big. Their whole angle is being the underdog.

That Oregon team is far from good. Which raises a whole other point about what Cristobal has done to get people excited? He hasn’t won with more or less.
Interesting take considering he's never had the opportunity to prove what he would do with more.

Also, Brad Stephens has never had a top 3 roster in the NBA. In a league where talent is the only thing that matters. You can put a mop in for HC of the Lakers and they will still win a title this year.

Reactions: Smokeytom
Its hard to name 5 teams that are clearly better. They're good but they're not elite. Kansas Baylor then its a crap shoot after that. This teams weaknesses were exposed tonight and im not sure they're fixable in season. We have no go to scorer, got beat off the dribble, and no primary ball handler, Vescovi is better off the ball.
So you can’t name 5 teams better yet we definitely aren’t top 5 just too 15? Hmm ok

Reactions: JCP201
suck.gif

I'm sure rival boards are loving that loss. Especially sucky Kentucky.
no they are celebrating a double ot win over the power that is Miss St. It is safe tonight

It was so unusual for them to not hit FT. Its been their bread and butter but I do agree that Bama was playing over their head. Of course leaving their best 3 point shooter wide open didn't help
I really thought when they had so many fouls and we had very few, that this was going to be the difference but Fulky (who is always money) couldn't even hit them...

And I think you mean zaga not Kansas lol

Notre Dame be like we got better and more physical to match up with Bama.

Bama be like, we did too.
So depressing

Bama, Clemson, OSU, Oklahoma, Georgia have a full monopoly on the game.

There is a second tier that requires luck or a generational moment (LSU) to compete with that group. Florida, Notre Dame, Texas, Florida State (not now)...

Tier 3 is a large category of schools that could occasionally get to Tier 2 with enough time and stability. These are decent programs that could have a magical season and make a run, but couldn’t sustain it.

Tier 4 is monkey balls, and we are firmly nestled in that group

I really thought when they had so many fouls and we had very few, that this was going to be the difference but Fulky (who is always money) couldn't even hit them...

Yeah as I said in a post earlier, he was hitting the bottom front of the rim. Just not Fulky like.

I think Fulk might have been sick. In 1st half he seemed sluggish and was talking with trainer during a timeout

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back