Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lane is an awesome dream. Who knows if this talk is real. Still feels far fetched to me but I would be over the moon if it happened. I think White will have plenty of resources to figure out if he's the right guy to build around. I do think he would come. But is he the guy we really want? I trust White's call on that.

If he's out I still lean Napier, Chadwell or Fickell in that order. I think they're all really good coaches. I also think the culture White is gonna build here will set any one of them up for success.

Some of these other big names feel like bigger stretches than Kiffin. I just don't see it happening. Not with NCAA stuff lingering.

Napier was off the board yesterday because of our mess. And today now he might be interested and we're too good for him? Naw

Napier feels like the obvious guy you go all in on to me. Checks every box.

I'm just glad O'Brien and Marrone are off the board. Yeesh. Today has been a great day.
Are you saying Kiffin is a no because of the NCAA stuff? Could you explain why that would be true?

I’m 49, know exactly who he is. My son is 28, die hard fan and has no idea. It’s ok if someone in their 20’s doesn’t know who a player from early 90’s is. Lighten up on the OP
I could see this. My son is 26 and wouldn’t know who he is. It’s amazing how fast time flies and these players in the 90s we think everyone remembers them.

Really hope the players band together, change the culture, and play with a chip on their shoulder next year.
i think there's a group, salter, middleton, evans, young, evans....willis...that all seem to have taken that mantle....there's others that have put some stuff out there that i'm forgetting...but suffice to say, there's some guys that will be in that locker room that will expect to do the things they came here to do....

Reactions: A.J.
Don't feel bad about it. You would have just been a kid at the time. I remember a lot of players from the mid to late 80s when I was that age, but certainly not all of them.
That's exactly how I feel about it. I was 8 so anyone who wasn't a rb, qb, ball hawk db, hard hitting linebacker was not on my radar.

Reactions: snowvols
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back