Recruiting Forum Football Talk III

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what is a lag switch and what actually happened to Gucci? I'm still confused and computer illiterate. Walk me through like I'm 5. What happened to Gucci?
A lag switch is literally a switch that you can turn on and off to make your internet speed be really slow. I think it's only used as a way to exploit certain online games.

But his connection to this site, and only this site, got so slow he couldn't use it. All other sites worked fine.

So the term "lag switch ban" was dubbed. They effectively banned him by slowing down his connection to the site. Or so the legends claim anyway.

How many HCs have been hired that have flopped?
Learning a brand new job for the first time at Tennessee is not a good idea. You can't develop and grow as a coach when you play Bama Georgia Florida every year. Success rate for proven coaches is higher than unproven coordinators.

Reactions: windrider
FWIW: Doug on BOS said AD Danny White reminds him of Dave Hart. Similar backgrounds etc. Plowman is obviously in charge. White is impressive. There will be a settlement, both sides want to avoid going to court. The investigation is ongoing, Plowman saw enough to move forward based on timing (recruiting etc). Cash was not handed out in Mcdonald's bags. If you are going to pay a player you do it after he signs he LOI (seriously said that). Nieds and Felton did not pay players out of pocket (infers that a booster was behind payments). Recruiting in this league is not for the feint of heart. Integrity will be put to the test. Players have been getting paid for years, this coach got sloppy. The investigation initiated in Georgia involving a recruit that signed with UGA. Believes DW will sign an offensive coach. Then went on a rant about what the history of the program is etc. My biggest takeaway was that he basically admitted that everyone is playing players. He said going back to when he was a player. He even said there are ways to go about it etc. Enough of DM, let's go get a winner. GBO!

FWIW: Doug on BOS said AD Danny White reminds him of Dave Hart. Similar backgrounds etc. Plowman is obviously in charge. White is impressive. There will be a settlement, both sides want to avoid going to court. The investigation is ongoing, Plowman saw enough to move forward based on timing (recruiting etc). Cash was not handed out in Mcdonald's bags. If you are going to pay a player you do it after he signs he LOI (seriously said that). Nieds and Felton did not pay players out of pocket (infers that a booster was behind payments). Recruiting in this league is not for the feint of heart. Integrity will be put to the test. Players have been getting paid for years, this coach got sloppy. The investigation initiated in Georgia involving a recruit that signed with UGA. Believes DW will sign an offensive coach. Then went on a rant about what the history of the program is etc. My biggest takeaway was that he basically admitted that everyone is playing players. He said going back to when he was a player. He even said there are ways to go about it etc. Enough of DM, let's go get a winner. GBO!

Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: VOLSONLY and ugg
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back